15. Are We Safe?

I sat up from the bed I had fallen asleep on only 2 hours before. Well I definately was going to sleep tonight. I've already slept twice today! I stood up and paced around the room, taking everything in, running my fingers lightly over the surfaces of the drawers and the walls, as if to see if they were strong enough. I stopped at the first window I came to, in an attempt to work out roughly how far away we were from our last living place. We had undoubtedly travelled a long way away, since all that could be seen was trees and green grass, a huge change from the concrete jungle I was used to seeing.

I had seen enough of this little room, and took a step out into the hallway. The house we were in wasn't too small, I mean, the hallway went along for a good 15 meters at least. There was another 4 rooms along the corridor and at the end was the stairs that Harry had carried me up before. I went down them to try and find where the boys had gone. I reached the bottom, only to be greeted by complete silence.

"Harry?" I called quietly, knowing there was no need to speak loudly when you're trying to get a vampires attention.

I heard that familiar 'whoosing' sound again, which meant at least one of the boys had heard me. I was then pushed harshly into the under-stairs cupboard. Well, that wasn't very nice. A cool hand was placed over my mouth whilst being straddled, and I looked up to see piercing blue eyes.

"Niall?" I mumbled through my assailants hand.

"Yeah, princess, just please be quiet." He pleaded.

I relaxed knowing that it was only Niall, and not Harry that had pushed me into this enclosed space. But now that I think about it, really it's bad either way. It was quiet dark in the under-stairs cupboard, but with the light coming in from under the door, I could see a worried expression on his face. I was going to ask him what was wrong, but remembered how he had asked me to be quiet, so I simply raised my eyebrows at him.

"The dark angel could be here." I heard Niall's voice in my head.

I tensed at the mention of him. Niall ran his hand up and down my arm soothingly, which made me relaxed again. I suddenly felt a pain in my back, I must've hit it on the fall down. I wriggled trying to assess the damage that had been done, all the while being carefully watched by Niall. I ran my hand over the painful area, to find that I had bruised it.

"Are you hurt?" Niall's voice sounded in my head again.

I nodded slowly, which caused Niall's face to become more worried.

"On my back." I whispered, and sat up so I was leaning on my hands, and Niall moved so he was sitting next to me.

"Stay still then, princess." He soothed, and reached one hand around to my back.

He supported my back with his hand, and closed his eyes tightly. The pain began to drain out of me, and was replaced with a warm feeling. I gasped and hung on to Niall, don't ask me why, it was a reaction. That made him open his eyes and look directly into mine. It felt like we really connected, we couldn't look away from one another, and he wasn't forcing me to do anything. This felt real. Instead of taking his hand off of my back, he just put his other hand there as well, as I placed my hands around his neck. He leant in towards me, like he knew I was always scared to do anything when it came to these situations. He leant his forehead against mine, so I could feel his warm breath against my lips, taunting me. Then I suddenly thought,

"Niall, are we safe?" I whispered,

"You are, I'll keep you safe, forever and always." He breathed.

He moved his lips against mine, in a caring way. I knew the relationship I had with Niall was so much different to mine and Harry's. I wasn't forced to love Niall, he hadn't forced me into anything. I truly loved him for who he was. The kiss didn't escalate at all, but I didn't want it to, I wanted it to stay caring, and loving, the way Niall kisses. I moved towards him, and straddled him instead earning a smile from him. I held onto the hair at the nape of his neck, as if to show that I didn't want to let this moment go.

Although the moment was cut short when Niall suddenly pulled back and looked directly at the door. 

"Get off me, Harry's coming." Niall mind messaged me.

I hastily but quietly climbed off of his lap and resumed my position on the floor. Niall then climbed out of the cupboard before Harry had realised we were in there together. Soon I heard them talking outside, and then light came flooding into the cramped space I was huddled in. I was greeted by Harry's smiling face.

"It's all safe now, love" He said reassuringly.

I just nodded and crawled towards the door.

When I stood up outside, I could finally get a decent view of the main part of the house. I take back what I said before when I said it wasn't too small. This house was friggin huge! I gave Niall one last fleeting look before following Harry, who was walking down the long corridor around the corner. He walked down a series of hallways, until we came into a large living room, complete with coffee table, white rug, plasma screen T.V, and table football. He lead me over to the largest sofa, before lying down on his back and dragging me down on top of him. He hugged me into him, digging his face into the crook of my neck like he always does. It scared me when he turned us over so we were on our sides, with me in front of him facing the inside of the room. What he did next scared me more though. He grazed his teeth along my neck, making me take a sharp breath and tensing up. He chuckled,

"Don't worry, me and boys went hunting whilst you were asleep."

I relaxed, and Harry pulled me towards him again, as if I was his teddy bear or something.

After a while, I noticed that his breathing had slowed down significantly, signifiying that he was sleeping. I carefully picked his arms off me, and replaced myself with a cushion. I walked over the a large window, leaning on the window sill looking over the field that it faced. As I scanned the scenery, I noticed a figure standing completely still. Just as my vision focussed on them, I noticed who they were, with magnificent black wings spreading out from behind them. 3 words sounded in my head.

"I'm here, darling."

~*~

OOOOO, ACTION. Anyway, I tried SUPAH hard getting this chapter out tonight, just to make you happy, so I hope you're happy!

See you later!!