4. Mine

"Listen to me, Kate" Harry said sternly, "You need to understand something."

I squirmed under his tight grip, but as I did so, his grip on my shoulder tightened so his nails were digging into my shoulder blades.

"Let go, Harry. You're hurting me." I said weakly, whimpering when he shook me,

"No Kate, you're mine, and you need to know that." he said through gritted teeth. 

"What makes you think I'd ever want to be with you?" I spat.

"I'm sorry, but you can't change what has already happened." He said seriously,

I frowned in response to his ambiguous words, clawing madly at his fingers which has a death hold around my jugular. He looked up at my, his iris' swirling, changing colour rapidly.

"Videns autem regina lamia eligitur, quae et regnabit rex, una cum illo et felix." He mutters, his eyes locked with mine (This is just a rough translation, I did it myself, since I do Latin as a GCSE. Don't judge ;) )

I looked at him fearfully, his eyes reverting back to normal as he focused on my intently

"When the queen of the vampires is chosen, who will rule with her king, and  she will rule alongside the fortuned one." He translated. "It's an old vampire prophecy."

"Well I don't give a damn about your old 'prophecy'." I hissed, whimpering as he pressed the tips of his finger into my neck.

It was obvious he was trying to stay calm, but he wasn't doing a very good job. His face was growing red, and his chest was rising and falling rapidly. It seemed everytime I breathed out, his grip on my shoulders got tighter. I whimpered at the huge amount of pressure on my shoulders. He seemed to notice the pain he was causing when he relaxed a little, but not enough to let me escape.

"Harry..." I squeaked in a final attempt to convince him that I wasn't his.

"Kate, it is done," he spoke in a completely emotionless voice "You're mine. I have already chosen you."

I nodded weakly, realising that I had no control over the situation, and he released me. I hadn't noticed just how tight he was holding me until I felt all the blood rush back into the places that he had been digging his fingers in. He huffed and walked out of the room. I sat on the edge of the bed and starting crying quietly. I wasn't the sort of person who liked to get attention from crying in front of everyone, and preferred to show me feelings in private.

Of course, thanks to his vampire hearing, Niall was at my side within minutes.

"Princess, what happened between you and Harry?" he said quietly, being careful not to disturb me anymore,

"Don't worry about me, Niall." I sniffled "I just had a 'talk' with him."

"You and I both know there's more to it than that." He frowned, "Tell me."

Right on cue, Harry walked in. His eyes turned red when he saw Niall and me so close to one another. He gave him a look which meant 'get away from her before I kick you in the mouth'. Unfortunately, Niall listened to him and left the room immediately. Harrys eyes thankfully turned back to their normal green, before walking over to the bed quickly. I closed my eyes and turned away from him. I refused to let him see that I was crying because of him.

"Kate, baby," I heard a quiet voice say from behind me.

I rolled my eyes at the name he had given me.

"Your eyes'll roll out of your head if you do that too much" he chuckled

"Harry, that's disgusting." I sniffed.

He laughed again before I felt the bed dip as he sat down behind me. I hugged my knees tightly to my chest, in an attempt to shield myself from him. I heard him sigh, before he turned me around to face him. I covered my face with my hands in an attempt to hide my crying from him.

"You can't hide anything from me, babe." I could heard him smirking as he said it.

"Can you stop calling me that please?" I replied quietly, in fear of upsetting him again

"We'll see, darling." He said whilst rubbing my back to calm me down, even though it only had the opposite effect.

His mood swings were really starting to irritate me. How he went from possessive to caring was really starting to scare me.

"I gonna pretend I didn't hear that last one," he laughed, "Anyway, we should get back to the others,"

He took my hand carefully and brought me up off the bed before leading me to the door. I heard him whisper something before we left the room which caused him to tighten his grip, something like,

"I see that Niall's been worried about you"

~*~