8. The Second Day

I wearily opened my eyes, rubbing the sleep and soreness from them. Dear lord. My head is pounding. What happened? Oh yeah, a vampire drank from me last night. Well, I felt sorry for him, why I did, I don't know. I mean it was Harry who attacked Niall, really it should be Niall drinking from me. Though that would get me shouted at by Harry, not a good thing. The fact that I have to use my blood as something to stop fights is something that concerned me too, but that's my life now. No going back.

I swept my hair out of my eyes and got up, and made my way to the kitchen to get some breakfast. I was stunned to so Niall sitting there, without a single bruise on him.

"Um, Niall?" I asked suspiciously, his gaze snapping to mine at the sound of his name, "How are you not hurt after having Harry beat you up yesterday?"

In reply, he grinned proudly at me before getting up and making his way over to me. Ok, this isn't good. If Harry sees us, I don't think Niall would survive the beating he would get.

"I'm a vampire, princess" he chuckled,

"So?" I scoffed, "Being a vampire doesn't make you invincible. You looked pretty pained yesterday."

"Actually it kinda does, love." he laughed, "Being a vampire means I can heal really quickly. Basically means that I am in fact, invincible" he winked.

"Niall, you know if Harry catches you this close to me he will in fact, kill you." I mocked his previous words.

"Did he bite you last night?" Niall asked suddenly, his voice full of concern.

"How did you know?" I crossed my arms whilst scanning his face,

"I can see the bite marks on your neck." I stated very matter-of-factly, pointing to my neck. "Plus you smell like blood."

"Oh right." I blushed and looked down, covering the affected side of my neck with my hair.

"Come here." I gestured for me to come closer.

I cautiously moved towards his outstretched arms. Once I was standing right in front of him, he bent down to look me in my eyes, his hands resting on my shoulders.

"You're going to need to trust me this time." He said, his eyes scanning my face for any kind of reaction.

"Ok..." I answered, ratherly uncertainly.

He carefully placed his hand over the wound, making me hiss slightly at the pain that came from it. But it was quickly replaced but a soothing feeling, and soon I felt no pain at all. I looked up to see Niall smiling warmly.

"What did you do?" I asked in wonder, feeling my neck for the bite mark that I could no longer find.

"Remember my power?" He smirked.

I formed an 'o' shape with my mouth.

"Thank you." I said smiling.

All he did was shrug, and sit down in his previous spot again. I just sighed, and continued about making some food. I began rooting through the fridge looking for something to eat. All I found was bacon and eggs, well I suppose these boys don't really have a need for proper food.

After about 5 minutes of me cooking I felt a pair of arms around my waist. I gasped, thinking that it was Harry. Presently, I turned around to complain about the pain of the bite that Harry inflicted on me the night before, only to see that actually it was Niall who had grabbed me.

"Niall! What the actual shit are you doing?!" I shout whispered,

"I wanted a hug, princess." he said back simply.

"You realise if Harry walks in, he will literally rip your head off and shove it down your throat." I replied angrily, wriggling to try to get out of his grip.

"Don't worry, baby, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it." he said, tightening his grip, and nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck.

Now don't get me wrong, I think it's very sweet that he wanted to give me a hug, but I really didn't want to think about the consequences if Harry walked in. Hang on. Why am I so worried about pissing off Harry? I don't belong to him. With this is mind, I returned the hug that Niall had forced upon me. Jesus, he was really nice to hug. He gave really soft hugs, and he smelt of this really good cologne.

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!?" I heard a bellowing voice from behind Niall.

Well I'm screwed. Harry must've heard my thoughts about hugging Niall. Shit. Harry angrily ripped us apart, and looked between us with blazing red eyes. I found myself sad from the loss of contact and warmth that Niall had given me. Harry was breathing heavily, sounding like an angry dog. Niall help me, please, do something Niall!

"I wouldn't even think that if I were you, Kate." Harry growled whilst still looking at Niall with clenched fists.

Before Niall had a chance to retort Harry thrown me over his shoulder and carried me out the room.

Goodbye cruel world. It was nice knowin' ya.