31. New Enemies Old Problems

The pain faded away suddenly, and I was left dazed and confused on the floor, Zayn and Harry's panicked tone muffled behind the ringing in my ears. I was lifted up into someone's arms, and carried off somewhere, I couldn't tell who or where because as well as my ears ringing, my vision had gone blurry as well. Even though it was slowly coming back, I couldn't tell who it was just yet.

Next thing I knew I was placed on something soft and bouncy. I looked down in my fuzzy state to find I was in the living room, with Zayn, Harry, and now Niall, who came running in. They're fuzzy silhouettes came over to me, and Niall knelt down in front of me. He mumbled something or other before placing two fingers on either ear. All of a sudden I heard everything again, so I imagine Niall must've healed me.

"Harry said he read your mind to see what was going on, and when he didn't see anything, he thought you couldn't see anything. Don't ask me how or why he thought that, but whatever he did must've done something useful!" Niall laughed,

"Yeah, but I still can't see much, my vision has gone blurry as well." I said, pointing to my eyes.

"Yeah I thought so, your eyes have gone a bit cloudy. Wait I'll fix it, just close your eyes."

I complied and closed my eyes, only to feel Niall gently touch my eyelids with his fingers for a few seconds.

"Ok, try that." He said,

I opened to my eyes to find them fully restored, and looked around at Harry and Zayn's worried faces. Harry relaxed once he saw me look at him with a smile, indicating that my eyesight had been fixed.

"What happened there, sweetheart?" Harry asked in a serious tone as he walked towards me, "I heard the crash as you hit the floor and next thing I knew you were dead still and your eyes clouded over."

"I honestly have no idea what happened." I shook my head, "But I heard a voice again."

"Did you recognise the voice?" Zayn suddenly jumped in,

"No, but it sounded like another man's voice." I said as I looked up at him.

"Brilliant." Harry huffed, "Now we have another weirdo trying to get after you."

"Harry, it'll be fine, especially with you five guys here." I reassured him.

"That's the thing though, Kate." He crossed his arms, "We don't know who of what this thing is, we don't know how powerful it is. For all we know, it could be a werewolf, another vampire, centaur-"

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa, what?" I interrupted him, whilst standing from the sofa, "Werewolves and centaurs are real?"

"Yes, of course." Zayn answered, "So are faires, pixies, fauns and mermaids."

"This can't be real..." I muttered in amazement,

"Oh yes they are." Harry smiled, throwing his arm around my shoulder, "Why would they not be real if we are?"

He had a point. I shrugged and hugged Harry's side for comfort as he rubbed my shoulder with his thumb, just as Zeus walked in and nuzzled against my leg. But the main thing we need to do now, is find out who this creep is who put me through so much pain. The one who couldn't potentially be quite a big problem for us.

"How do you suppose we find out who this guy is then?" Harry asked, turning to Liam.

"Well you're the one who can read minds, Harold." Liam shrugged.

"I've already tried when you guys were talking, but I couldn't get a clear picture." He sighed.

"Well then I suppose we'll just have to wait for something to happen." Zayn said, sitting on the edge of the sofa in the corner, his head in his hands.

"You don't have to wait long."

Well shit. The voice's back. I think I'll just ignore it this time around, so I don't freak any of the boys out again. But to my surprise, when I looked up, all of them seemed worried, looking around the room in confusion.

"Whats the matter?" I asked,

"Didn't you hear that voice?" Niall frowned,

"Yeah, but I thought I was the only one who heard voices..." I trailed off,

"Not this time around, baby." I shivered at the closeness of the voice this time, it felt as if it were behind me.

Before I knew what was happening, I heard Harry growl and pull me back behind him. I looked over his shoulder, and that's when I understood why he had. In front of him stood a man, dressed in a black leather jacket, and black jeans, much the same as Hakon used to wear. He also wore the same smirk as he had, the only different between the two was that this man definitely seemed older, at least 20 years older. I could see a few tattoos spilling out from his sleeve and the neck of his T-shirt. It's safe to say that I certainly felt threatened by the dark aura that he gave off.

The other boys were now next to us, assembling some sort of bowl shape, with Zayn on the left, then Niall, Louis, Harry, me, then Liam. Zeus was also standing in between Louis and Harry, teeth bared and growling deeply.

"Now now. I'm not here to threaten anyone." He chuckled darkly,

"You son of a bitch!" Harry roared, "You could have really hurt her!"

"Don't you worry yourself there, vampire." The man snarled, "I wouldn't hurt something as gorgeous as her."

"Back off, dick." Zayn warned, his teeth beginning to poke out over his bottom lip,

"The reason why I came here in the first place was to simply have a chat with you." He said coolly, "Must it turn so violent so quickly?"

"You just lucky I haven't ripped your head off yet for talking about her like that." Harry snapped, the grip he had on me tightening.

"I wouldn't threaten someone as powerful as me, vampire." He smirked,

"Oh well the thing is, I would..." Harry snarled,

"I just came to sort out a problem," He said, "You took something that was mine."

"How is that possible?" Liam raised an eyebrow, "We didn't even know you before now."

"But you knew my son." He growled, his voice getting darker and more threatening now,

"Who?" Louis crossed his arms,

"Hakon." His eyes lit up with fury, "And you killed him."

"He was a threat to us, especially her." Niall gestured towards me,

"But did that mean you had to kill him? He never actually hurt her, did he?" He challenged. "He just wanted the best for her."

"She's safe here." Zayn retorted, trying desperately to stay calm.

"But can you say the same for yourselves?" He smirked, "Now you have the entire race of the Dark Angels against you, you're anything but safe."

"W-why?" I stuttered,

"Because, darling." He began, "I am the Dark Angel lord. All Dark Angels listen to me." He started to pace the room, "Anything I say goes, and they will listen to me."

"Harry..." I whispered, hanging onto him tighter,

"Oh darling." The man chuckled, "No one can save you from me. Especially when I'm angry."

As he laughed I noticed a sliver pendant hanging around his neck, glimmering as it shook from his laughter. When it stopped moving, I realised it was a Christian cross.

"Well I'll be going now." He smirked, "My people will be getting restless without me there to control them. They can get rather violent when they're angry."

With that, his ebony wings spread from his back and he disappeared into the black veil of smoke, and he was gone.

"What are we going to do, Harry?" I spoke shakily, my breath faltering as it left me,

He didn't respond, but the only thing I did see was the deep swirl of purple that consumed his eyes.

He was worried.

The one who held my life in his hands.

~*~