36. No Way Out

Bjorn gently set me down after he landed, and I was quick to shove him away from me when he did so. We stood infront of a dark manor, the bricks were dark and weathered. Cold light flowed out from the windows on the upper floors of it. It was much bigger than the one Hakon had kept me in. I turned around to see a village down below, with the same dim flickering lights of torches attached to the side of the shadowy houses.

I couldn't look for much longer before I was pushed forward from behind, making me stumble towards the huge double doors of the gloomy palace. As we neared them they creaked open, revealing the large main hall with a stretch of red carpet, leading for the door to a large staircase at the end. There were guards by the doors, their wings spread out impressively behind them, standing to attention as we walked in.

Suddenly I was pulled back my wrists that were held behind my back. I turned to see Bjorn smirking devilishly as he looked down, casting some spells that held them together.

"This'll make sure you don't misbehave." He sneered, "We wouldn't want that, especially not infront of the King."

I started to panic at the mention of the King. Without Harry or any of the other boys in sight, I had no protection whatsoever, he could do whatever he wanted to me. I wriggled desperately against my confines, even though I knew there was absolutely no way I was getting out of it. It was magic after all.

"Even if you did escape, darling, what do you plan to do after that?" He grinned,

"I'd kick you in the mouth for a start..." I snarled, only to be pulled back harshly,

"Now now." He warned, "Calm down, the King is much less lenient than me."

I huffed as I carried on walked, led by the group of guards walking ahead of us, and by Bjorn who repeatedly pushed me forward if I got too slow.

---

After walking down a series of long and murky corridors, we came to another set of double doors. These also had guards standing outside them, opening them as they saw us approach. I looked in horror as I saw we were at the throne room. My breathing picked up as I looked down to see the same malevolent figure seated in the throne at the end of the room.

When we reached the throne, I was pushed onto my knees by Bjorn, making me kneel before the 'King'.

"How nice to see you again, sweetheart." He sneered, 

I stayed silent as he chuckled darkly, I heard him stand up and made his way over to me. I stood up infront of him glaring at him.

"I never said you could stand up." His features became hard, commanding me to kneel before him once again.

"I never said you could call me 'sweetheart', dickhead." I growled,

"I wouldn't disobey someone with as much power as me if  were you." He warned, circling me like a predator, his wings spread behind in threateningly.

"I could say the same." I spat back, "Remind me who killed your asshole of a son?"

"He made a fundamental error." He paced back and forth, "He left you completely protected."

"Which reminds me..." I smirked, "How did I exactly escape that time? Oh yeah, your little guard dog over here helped me." I pointed to Bjorn behind me.

"I think you're forgetting a tiny little detail though, darling." He grinned evilly, "I may not be able to bend your will as easily as I should be able to, but I have got your little boyfriend."

My face dropped when I remembered what had happened to them before, my mind raced to think of where he could be keeping them. He simply chuckled at my flustered state.

"Why do you need us anyway?" I snarled,

"You have to understand it isn't them I need. It's you." He said, stopping his pacing, before continuing,

"After your minions went and killed my son, the Prince of the Dark Angels, my people understandably got a bit, angry. When they heard that you killed him in cold blood, they saw it as a provocation, to all out war. Especially since Hakon was in fact, the leader of our army, essentially you the killed the man with the most back up possible. Vampires and Dark Angels haven't got a good history together anyway, so this just sparked it off."

"So what do you need me for?" I huffed, not at all interested in what he had to say.

"Well it's fairly obvious that you are what matters most to them. I have them under my control as long as I have you." He said,

"You really are a lousy piece of shit." I scoffed.

"I am finished speaking to her." He said, waving me off as he turned to sit back in his throne again, "Take her away."

My arms were roughly grabbed and I was pulled to my feet. I was directed towards a small door in the corner of the room, also with a guard standing outside it. On it, was a sign that read "Guest's Quarters". The treatment I was receiving didn't seem very kind though.

 ---

All of a sudden I was pushed into a room, the door slamming shut quickly and the sound of the door locking rang out. 

"No!" I protested, "Let me out!"

I banged against the door with my fist, only to hear Bjorn's unsoothing voice on the other side.

"You can't leave here until the King is done with you." He said, malevolence dripping from his tone, "And who knows what he wants to do or how long he wants to do it."

I slid my back down the door as I hugged my knees and began crying softly.

"Why?" I croaked,

"Why what?" He asked,

"I thought we were friends, what made you change your mind?"

He didn't answer before I heard his footsteps fading as he left me alone in my room. I stood up and moved my way over to the bed and climbed in, covering my face with the covers.

My thoughts instantly focused to Harry.

~*~