45. The Beginning...

My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach, and I almost threw up out of fear. Harry's grip on my hand tightened and he growled, and tried to lunge forward, before Zayn stopped him. 

"You know you don't want to do that." He warned, glaring at him.

Even though Harry knew he was right, it was easy to see he was fighting to keep himself back. I don't think I'd ever seen his eyes a deeper shade of red, his irises swirling in clouds around his pupils, which constrcicted to focus his vision.

"There are too many to fight off by ourselves though." Niall mumbled, turning around to head back to our camp.

"We're going to have to rally an army of our own." Harry stated, "But we may not have much left."

"But if they had taken out the majority of our army and had this many troops left," Zayn said, pointing to the mass of angels in front of us, "Why would they have come back and not finished the job?"

"I don't know." He answered, looking down and frowing in thought.

"Well first things first, we need to get back as soon as possible."

"We can't move tonight," Harry said, walking back towards the camp as I followed, "The Angels can see and fight better in the dark than we can."

"We'll call for them in the morning, but for now it doesn't look as if they're going anywhere." Zayn replied, following on behind us.

"Who?" I asked, making Harry grin.

"You're going to like this." He said, "I can tell."

I looked down from Harry's gaze, making him chuckle as we came up to Niall who had proceeded to cut up the body of the deer that still lay next to the body of the Angel. He was cutting off pieces of the meat and placing it in a bag that he had found back at the old camp. He was doing so extremely fast thanks to his supernatural speed.

"Right let's go then." He smiled going to run off before Harry stopped him.

"Niall?" He said, making Niall stop mid run, "You got something on your..."

Harry pointed to the corner of his mouth, making Niall wipe away some blood that was dripping from his mouth.

"Care to explain?" I laughed, crossing my arms.

"I was hungry." He protested, facing the ground and looking up at me through his eyelashes.

"Control yourself." Harry laughed, slapping him on the back, before looking over at me, indicating for me to join him.

Once I got over to him, instead of him bending down, he leant down and picked me up, supporting my legs and back. I squealed as he did so, making him laugh as I deperately clung to his shirt, still with blood on it from back at the castle. He looked down at where my hand was clutching onto him.

"Which reminds me," He smirked, "Need to find a new shirt. Or I could just take it off if that would make you happier?"

"I need something to grab onto," I smiled, "Now get moving."

"Yes, madam." He nodded, zooming off with the other two behind.

---

Once we made it back, Harry started a fire whilst the other two explained explained everything that had happened back in the woods. It was getting dark by the time we had finished eating and had filled Liam and Louis in with their plan, which consisted of getting back to their kingdom in the morning, rallying their army, and coming back to wipe out the Dark Angels.

In the mean time, I had gone into the little cabin and had a look around, finding a chest in one of the cupboards with a few sets of armor and shirts inside. Behind it, there were a few swords, bows, arrows, spears, and a few other knives of varying sizes.