24. Irreversible

"It was the angel again..." I mumbled quietly, whilst still looking at my wrist closely.

I head shot up to meet Harry's corcerned features,

"Didn't you see what happened? You were just outside the door when he was in here?" I asked, my tone turning slightly angry now,

"It didn't seem like anything happened to me." He shrugged, "One moment you were out there, next moment, you were in here staring at your wrist."

Zeus nuzzled up against my leg, making a quiet whining noise. Now it was Harry's turn to stare instensely at my wrist, watching as the blackness gradually spread evenly throughout my vessels. He ran his finger softly from my wrist to my elbow, following the colour as it dispersed.

"Let's go ask the boys what they think this is about." Harry told me, trying to hide the concern and worry in his voice, before carefully taking my hand and leading me down the hallway, Zeus trailing behind. 

---

The boys must've seen Harry's face when he came in before me, because I was met with 4 solemn faces when I entered the living room. No words were spoken to begin with, Harry simply looked back down at my, then my arm, then down at the floor. Louis was the first one to properly understand that the problem was centred around my arm, as he dashed up and examined my arm for himself.

"How did this happen?" He asked, his gaze not leaving my arm.

"Hakon." I stated simply.

I felt Harry's grip tense at the mention of his name, it was clearly a sensitive topic for him.

"Wait here." Louis zoomed off to another room, before reappearing with an old and tatty leather book.

He sat cross-legged on the floor, quickly scanning through the pages. At last, he came to a rest on a particular page, his gaze flicking from between the page and me.

"Got it." He muttered, and ushered Harry over to look at a certain point on the page, leaving me standing in the middle of the room clutching my arm, as Niall, Zayn and Liam all gathered around behind Louis and Harry to get a look as well.

They muttered amoung themselves for a while, until they all looked up at the same time.

"So?" I asked expectantly, "What can we do?"

"That's just it though." Louis shrugged, "We don't know."

"I can try healing it?" Niall asked the group of boys standing in front of him, who all seemed to nod in response.

Niall slowly made his way over to me, probably trying not to upset Harry. He placed two fingers along my wrist and pressed down hard. He closed his eyes a took a deep breath, but nothing happened. He opened his eyes, only to find it had now spread to the veins on my other wrist. He sighed through his nose in frustration and defeat. He walked back over the sofa he was on originally and flopped down, scrunching his face up in deep thought.

 "Could we suck it out?" Harry asked, looking slightly excited by the idea, but Liam swiftly shook his head in disapproval,

"No, what's running through her is pure magic, you can't suck it out." He stated, pacing up and down the room.

"I could try becoming a Dark Angel myself and taking it out?" Zayn suggested, looking to each of the boys eyes for approval,

"Might as well try." Louis shrugged, and focused his gaze on him.

Zayn now approached me, and suddenly turned to Harry.

"Harry, I need you to read Kate's mind and send me a mind message of what Hakon looks like." He said seriously, taking hold of my hands.

"Right then." Harry suddenly became extremely quiet, before looking to me, then looking directly at Zayn.

"Ok." Zayn breathed, before his grip on my hands tightened, and the veil of mist surrounded him in the same way it had before.

Before too long, the figure I had learned to fear and despise appeared in front of me. I gasped and stumbled back a bit, falling into Harry slightly. The only difference between the person infront of me and the actually Hakon was the warm brown eyes, and the worried expression displayed on his face instead of the threathening smirk.

Zeus seemed to understand that this figure wasn't someone I had grown to love, so he naturally began growling lowly, until I waved my hand at him to call him off.

"Don't worry, boy." I soothed, "It's only Zayn."

It didn't seem to settle him though, as even though he lay down on the rug, he still kept growling quietly.

Zayn looked up at me, as if to confirm whether or not it was alright for him to continue. I nodded in response, and he carefully reached towards the wrist it had started off at, though it had now reached the lower portions of my legs.

He kept two fingers resting over the area for a while, before shaking his head in defeat and transformed back into his regular body, making Zeus finally relax.

"What do we do now?" Niall asked, desperately looking around the room for anyone else to have an idea.

"We can't fix this." Harry muttered from behind me.

"What actually does it do though?" I finally spoke up, looking over to Louis how still held the book.

His gaze fell back to the book and scanned the pages, until he looked back up again, but this time with a more worried look.

"He can control you from a distance now, but it's the more permenant version of the first thing that Liam found on you the other day."

"How can we get rid of it?" Harry asked, getting a bit more frustrated.

After a few more seconds of silence, Louis answered the question we were all waiting for the answer to,

"Only the Dark Angel that injected it can remove it. The magic only obeys its master."

The air in my lungs was suddenly sucked out, and I couldn't breathe. I sat down silently next to Niall, holding my head in my hands.

"What are we going to do?" Liam asked, looking to Harry for advice for once.

"Well, we need to get the Dark Angel to come here, and reverse the spell before anything too bad happens."

---

Since this episode with Hakon, the boys will no longer let me out of their sight, even though I know that wouldn't make a difference if he did the same thing as he did last time. If you thought they were vigilant with me before, you should see them now. I can barely use the toilet without being followed to the door and back again.

Over the past couple of days of being watched like this, I have begun to agree with the thought of escaping with Hakon, and Harry seems to have noticed that I had gradually become more and more cold towards him and the rest of the boys whenever they walked up to me.

Plus the blackness as gotten less noticable in colour, however its now reached every part of my body apart from my neck, but from there down, you can see the major veins and arteries have a slightly dark colour than usual. Harry has tried to bleed it out of me, but everytime I had started bleeding, the magic heals it as quick as it was inflicted. Which eventually left us with no options except to wait and see what happens, and deal with any problems as they turn up.

So far, it's been 3 days since he made his last appearance, but everytime I see any of the boys, Harry in particular I get a pain in my chest which feels like everythings being pulled inwards. I know its something to do with the magic now coursing through my veins, but I'm powerless to do anything about it.

But the one time Harry decided it was safe enough to leave me be for a few minutes to make dinner, it happened, I heard that voice again,

"Now sweetheart, this is what I need you to do."

~*~