44. Things Aren't Always As They Seem

We began to slow down as we reached the edge of a forest, Harry carefully put me down on the ground. I briefly looked back to see only the tips of the dark spires, with crows circling them ominously. I sighed, my mind replayed all of the things I saw there, including the evil look on Erebus' face, and the hungry look in Harry's eyes as he snarled at me with an anger I had need seen in anything before.

"You ok?" Zayn asked, standing next to me and joined me in looking over the horizon.

"Yeah, just glad to be out of that hellhole." I laughed.

"I know what you mean. But imagine being us."He chuckled.

"Yeah..." I said quietly, "What is it actually like?"

The smile disappeared from his face, and he looked at me seriously.

"I'll leave Harry to talk to you about that." He told me, leaving my side only to be instantly replaced by Harry.

"Ready to go?" He smiled, holding my hand lovingly.

"Yeah, but we can't possibly get home today."

"Why not?"

"Cos I saw I map whilst I was there and our house isn't even on the same planet."

"Well how do you think we got to earth in the first place if the vampires don't come from there?"

"Don't know, never really considered it."

"Well normally it takes a while to get to and fro but being a king does have its perks."

"Like what?"

"I'll show you in time, but for now we aren't close enough to where we need to be."

I nodded, smiling as he bent down and kissed my cheek.

"Well, we really should go. Any remaining guards will be out looking for us." He said, crouching down and gesturing for me to jump on his back again.

I grinned and jumped on, only for him to rush off once again, leaving any and all evidence of the evil ruin behind.

---

We stopped again, but this time in a deep part of the forest. I looked up to see an old looking wooden cabin, with a little fire-pit out the front. I had hardly touched the ground before all the boys were rushing around at vampire speed.

"I'll get the firewood."

"I'll help."

"I'm on pine cone duty." Louis.

I laughed as they went about their jobs, zooming past in different directions making my hair fly around wildly. Finally everything calmed down, and in front of us was a campsite completely set up, with a pile of logs in the middle, surrounded with a couple of larger logs to sit on.

"Nice." I nodded in approval. "Where we going to sleep?"

"There are some rooms in the cabin."

"How did you know it was here?"

"We set up some buildings here a while ago when the vampires planned to wipe out the Angels, and this is where the soldiers were supposed to stay."

"Are the beds alright?"

"We'll test it out if you want." He smirked.

"Shut up." I laughed, "We aren't even that far from the castle and you're already thinking about that?"

"Well ya know..." He started, "Being locked up and forced to go mental does leave you a bit, unsatisfied."

"Well maybe, if you're good." I grinned, laughing at the hopeful look on his face.