47. Revolution

Another few hours of flight and we had reached the kingdom. The main town seemed to be bustling with life, with vampires moving around, buying things from the local shops and markets, making conversation with any familiar face that passed them by. It certainly looked like a much better place than the Dark Angel's world. Harry seemed to notice me looking down at the town, and he laughed at my expression.

"You like it?" He asked, "Cos you can stay here if you want."

"It's very pretty." I commented, "Everything seems really, happy."

"If you like this, you'll love the palace." He grinned, looking forward towards where the towering white castle peered over the town.

As we flew over the castle grounds, I could see servants leading more winged horses of various colours, some suited up in armour, some not. Some men were running around, gathering and sharpening weapons, and repairing armour. It was clear that the other boys had gotten back and already instructed them to prepare for war.

We landed on the concrete of the grounds carefully, getting off and patting the horses was Harry was approached by someone. He wore a royal looking suit, holding a scroll and showing Harry as he talked through it.

"Are the knights ready?" Harry asked with an unfamiliar tone of seriousness.

"Almost, just finishing getting the last ones armoured up, my lord." He responded, scanning over the list once more before closing it.

"Cavalry?"

"Mounted and ready."

"Artillery?"

"Locked and loaded."

"Gryphons?"

"Hungry."

"Good. Where's Liam?"

"In the throne room, my lord."

"Ok thank you. Dismissed." He waved him off, before turning to me and smiling.

"Look at you, Mr High and Mighty." I mocked him, patted Geia's neck soothingly as she whinnied.

"Actually, it's Your Highness to you." He winked, "I am the King around here after all."

"Along with Niall, Louis, Liam and Zayn." I smirked,

"Shut up." He laughed, before calling a servant over to take Ares and Gaia back to the stables.

"Follow me." He said, walking off towards the castle with me following obediently behind him.

---

We got into the main foyer, which was filled with servants rushing around, but Harry dragged me through them all, leading me around the gleaming, white, marble corridors, with a red carpet running down the middle.

We passed Liam walking down the corridor in the opposite direction, followed by 2 servants and a knight.

"If we attack from this side, they'll be weak; they'll be expecting us from this side." He explained, before Harry stopped him.

"Liam, can I talk to you?"

Liam nodded, dismissing the others, and walking with me and Harry into a room situated on the room of the corridor.

The other boys were in there as well, all gathered around a map; similar to the one Erebus had shown me. They were all talked amongst themselves until we came in, when they all looked up and smiled, greeting us with waves and quiet murmurs of 'hello'.

"The forces are nearly ready." Harry began, "We can attack at night fall."

"But that's when they're strongest," Zayn pointed out, "It's best if we attack tomorrow morning."

"That's when they'll expect us to attack though."

"Then we don't attack." I spoke up, receiving only confused looks in return.

"What? We can't do that." Niall said, "They'll attack anyway."

"No, I mean stay here and wait for them to attack first," I replied, "We'll have the home field advantage."

"What exactly is the 'home field advantage' in this case?" Louis asked,

"They won't be able to heal as quickly here, they'll have to come out of The Disseptum. They'll have no chance."

"What's the Disseptum?" I asked, turning to Harry.

"They have a kind of invisible barrier that surrounds they're territory, it heals them as they get injured." He answered,

"But you killed loads back there." I frowned in confusion.

"That's because we killed them before they could heal." He pointed out, "Vampires have the ability to heal naturally, so that would give us the upper hand."

"So do we have a plan?" Liam asked, running his finger around the border of the vampire kingdom subconsciously.

"We send in the Gryphons first, hopefully they can knock most of the aerial forces out of the sky." Zayn started, moving certain coloured chips that were placed on the map, towards another set, which were completely black. "Secondly, the cavalry. They can help in getting them to the ground as well as fighting the more able ones."

"How about Erebus?" I asked.

"Oh don't you worry," Harry grinned maliciously, his eyes glazing over in gold, "I'll take that son of a bitch down."

"No prisoners." Niall said, "Wipe them out."

"I like the sound of that." Zayn smirked, "We attack tomorrow morning."

All the boys nodded in agreement, before leaving the room, and going in separate directions, probably to continue with preparations.

Harry carried on leading me in the same way he had before, until we came to a large set of grand double doors, which Harry nodded towards and told me how this is where we would stay for the next couple of hours before he had to go, but he didn't tell me where.

It was the biggest bedroom I'd ever seen, with a king-size bed at the other side of the room, covered on red satin sheets. I walked over and sat down as he closed the door and looked out the window, surveying his kingdom.

"What're you thinking about?" I asked him quietly.

"What? Oh nothing." He said, seemingly deep in thought.

"Well it's obviously something, 'cos you've never stared out a window that intensely before." I laughed, getting up and joining him.

"Just worried about you."

"Why?"

"I don't want them to get you back." He said, visibly tensing at the thought.

"Then I won't get caught."

"How do you plan to do that?" He turned his head to look down at me. "You can't just wait here to get caught again."

"I won't wait in here." I said seriously, "I want to fight with you."

"No." He flatly refused, "Never. You have to stay here."

"You just said yourself that I can't wait around here to get caught again." I crossed my arms defiantly.

"But you'll be vulnerable in a fight between things that are basically immortal." He shook his head, "There's no way you'd survive unless you were the same."

"Then turn me."

~*~

Votes for next chapter: 20