42. Just The Beginning

I choked out my breath as I looked down at the corpse in front of me, with blood still flowing from the wound in his neck, with Harry was greedily drinking. On his hands and knees, he slurped it up like an animal, not stopping until he had licked the last of it from the wooden floor and sucked the rest from Bjorn.

I shook wildly with fear, quietly turning around to find the handle of the door to escape before he turned his malicious attention back to me. The last thing I wanted was to make Bjorn's death in vain. When I calmed my shaking hands enough to successfully turn the handle, I opened the door as carefully and quietly as possible so I could run as far and as fast as I could. Just as I thought I'd escaped, a rough, hoarse voice sounded from behind me.

"Kate?" 

I stopped in the doorway, scared to turn around in case I wasn't hearing things right.

"It's me. Harry."

I turned my head halfway to look out of the corner of my eye. It scared me to see that he was much closer than I thought he was, and I turned completely around to take in his complete image. He was reaching out towards me with a blood-stained hand, dried blood running down his arm, face, and neck. His fangs had retracted back into his mouth, his nails had also returned to their normal length, and his eyes had turned back to their frosty green that I knew so well. His shirt was drenched in blood, gradually drying, but still glistening in the light of the surrounding torches.

I still showed no sign of wanted to move towards him, as I stayed deadly still, just watching his each and every move. He seemed to notice how shaken up I was, but still wanted to get just a close to me as he used to, before we had anything to worry about.

He crept towards me with his arms out and his figure crouched over slightly, in the kind of way you approach a scared animal. His eyes flicked up and down my body, surveying my body language in much the same way I was doing to him.

"Stop." I whispered, beginning to back away after he got a little too close for comfort.

"Okay. Okay..." He stopped immediately, still holding his arms out, but this time in defense. "Just calm down."

"I've seen you do things...." I started, but faltered quickly as the detailed images of his victims bodies sprawled across the floor, mauled and mangled, flew through my mind. I soon continued though,

"Thing's that...no one should have seen you do. I seen you rip people's throats out! You've tried to kill me! You've, you've..."

"I know!" He stopped me, still licking the blood from around his mouth. "And I'm sorry you had to see that, I didn't mean to, I swear!"

"I know you didn't mean it, but you can understand why I'm a bit scared of you now." I muttered,

"I'm so, so sorry." He pleaded, still taking small steps toward me as I inched out the door as he came towards me. "Just please, trust me. We can't save the boys if we're stuck in here."

"Well the only way you got back to normal was to murder someone trying to protect me, and I can assure there aren't many more of those around here." I laughed dryly,

"I'll protect you." He said, hope filled his eyes.

"But you can't give the boys any blood to get them back to normal." I replied, 

"We have spare blood in the basement at home." Harry began, "If we can get that, we can save them."

"And how exactly do you plan on getting back home again?"

"True, but there must be another way..."

I looked down, sighing in defeat.

"Hey..." Harry said soothingly, "It's alright now."

"No, it's not!" I shouted angrily, "We have another 4 out of control vampires on the loose, that don't give a shit about who they murder. This is the furthest from alright you could possibly get!"

"But I'm here now." He comforted, "I'm probably the only one to match their strength, you'll be fine."

"Are you sure you're alright now?" I asked carefully, starting to take steps towards him.

"Yes!" He laughed.

"Good." I smiled,

He moved over with his arms out at his sides as if he was going to hug me, but I quickly poked him in the middle of his chest with my finger to push him back.

"Nuh-uh." I scoffed, "You're too bloody. I'll take a raincheck."

He pouted, still begging me with his eyes to let him hug me again, but I quickly moved out of the room before he could advance any furthur.

"Wait for me, love!" I heard him call after me, followed by a breeze which blew my hair out of my eyes as Harry caught up to me. "I can't let you go anywhere on your own now."

"We're back to the old ways again then aren't we?" I laughed,

"What do you mean?"

"You following me around, always looking out for me, thinking I'm this fragile thing that'll break if you so much as brush a finger over me."

"If that's the description of 'the old ways', then yeah, we're back to 'the old ways' " He grinned, walking slightly in front of me as we moved along.

He suddenly stopped, looking around worriedly and held me against the wall as he peered up and down the corridor.

"What's wrong?" I asked, following his gaze.

He flicked his gaze back to my face again, grinning before he quickly molded his lips into mine, sighing as he did so. He pulled back only slightly, and rested his forehead against mine as his icy green eyes bored into mine, smirking.

"What was that for?" I laughed,

"You wouldn't let me do it if I had asked now, would you?" He grinned evilly.

"You sneaky bastard."

"So they tell me. Among other things, such as, handsome, sexy, hot, fit..."

"Ok, ok you can stop now." I giggled. "Get your handsome, sexy, hot, fit, bloody self of me."

He reluctantly backed away from me, holding his hand out for me again, which I took with a wink, making him laugh.

It was then that I thought for some stupid reason that everything was back to the way it used to be. I was so caught up in the moment I hadn't heard the rough, ragged breaths of a hunter that sounded from behind us.

~*~

Kind of like a filler chapter, sorry not much happened, but I have great plans for the next one.

I did this really quickly, so sorry for any spelling mistakes. I'll edit later :)

10 votes for the next chapter please :)