50. Training

Harry was grinned to himself for the whole time he lead me to the so called 'gym', but he explained it was more than that, especially now we have war on our doorstep.

"Any reason you haven't stopped smiling this entire time?" I asked him in a rather frustrated way,

"I'm going to enjoy training you," He smirked, "That's all."

"You've got a storm coming, Styles." I raised an eyebrow and smirked as I imagined everything I could do with my improved strength and agility.

"We'll see about that." He shook his head; pushing yet another door that I hadn't seen before, open.

Inside, there were a few vampires, armoured up and practising their sword skills, some on wooden dummies, others freely sparring with others. Harry turned around to look at me, nodding over in the direction of a chest. He walked over, searching through it before standing up and handing me a sword.

"This is just a practise sword." I said, his voice becoming serious, "You'll have a much heavier, sharper one tomorrow."

I nodded, taking a few swings with it; Harry smiled as if he was proud of me.

"Right," He said, "Try it on this."

He pointed toward one of the wooden dummies, standing back as I prepared myself. By this time, Harry had gotten his own sword, and whistled to catch my attention. When I looked over, he showed me how to swing it properly, taking a diagonal swing downwards, aiming at the base of the dummy.

I nodded in understanding, trying it for myself, and successfully hitting the target, but Harry shook his head.

"Harder." He leant on his sword, with the tip of the blade scratching the floor, "If you get close enough to take a swing at them, you don't want to give them a chance to hit back."

I grunted as I tried again, this time making a considerable dent in the side, some wood flying off in the process.

"Better," He commented, "But not enough. Let's try something else."

He kicked the dummy away, making it fly across the room and crash into the wall. Instead, he stood in front of me, holding his blade up.

"Fight me." He said plainly.

"I don't know what I'm doing!?" I protested,

"Trust yourself." He said, "Your reaction times will be faster now."

I huffed, moving towards Harry and swinging, but of course he moved before I even made contact. He jumped to behind me and swinging me around by my arm.

"Again." He said, "Predict the movement. Remember you can move just as fast as I can now."

I nodded, going at it again, but this time, expected him to appear behind me. So I swung, but as he moved, I turned with him, pointing the sword at his neck.

"Good." He grinned, "Very good. But what if the enemy wants to strike back?"

This time he came towards me, but I just copied what he had done the time before, rushing around to behind him and grinning as he laughed at my action.

"Nice work. But time for the real stuff."

For the next hour, he taught me how to fight, how to effectively predict how the enemy with move, and how to attack accordingly. In our last practise fight, he was smirking to himself, since one way or another, he had won every time. By now, the other knights who had been training had gathered around to watch, some cheering for Harry, but most of them cheering for me.

I braced myself, having a little plan of my own.

"Last one." He grinned, coming toward me and clashing our swords together, the metallic sound echoed through the hall. The cheering died down as everyone watched us carefully.