38. Promises

I froze. Queen? Of the Dark Angels? Well, I'm in trouble.

"Whoa, no!" I protested, "I could never stay here with you, even if you paid me!"

"It's funny how you think you have a choice in the matter." He laughed, "Well I'm afraid you don't. In fact, if you won't rule beside me, I'll have no choice but to kill them. And since they're all vampires, I can prolong their death, making in slow, and deliciously painful."

I writhed against my restraints as I desperately tried to run away, to find Harry.

"Oh please." I scoffed, "We all know that they could end you so easily it isn't even funny. What makes you any different to any other Angel?"

"The Royal Crest." He grinned, "I hold the Crest that only the King can, protecting me from every and all danger."

He twiddled the necklace he wore around in his fingers, stroking over the red gem that was held in the middle. The golden chain links clicked as he inspected it.

I looked down, trying to focus on a way of getting out and blocking out Erebus' dark tone,

"It's wise to recognise when you have no other choice."

That's when I looked up directly into his eyes, making a seemingly confused look wash over his features. He became completely silent as he waited for my answer.

"Fine. I'll be your queen." I stated,

"Fabulous." He smirked, "Colby get the-"

"But only," I continued, "If I get to see Harry."

He suddenly didn't look as pleased as he had been a few seconds before, and crossed his arms in defeat.

"Colby, lead her to the dungeons." He growled, "But only for a short time. We need to get our armies ready. Without the instruction of their kings, the vampire kingdom is sure to be in disarray."

I glared at him as I was roughly pulled to my feet, and dragged behind the guard out of the room.

---

We went down a long set of spiral stairs, until we came to an old, cob-webbed door, with a rusted bronze key in the lock.

"Now you're only allowed a few minutes in here," The guard warned, "Don't try anything funny."

He opened the door and pushed me inside, closing the door firmly before everything was silent. There were cells all along the left of the corridor I was in, with torches secured to the walls on the opposite side, allowing only a small amount of light to penetrate the cells.

I quietly walked along, looking in each cell as I passed it. I stopped suddenly when I heard a sound. It was like someone was wheezing. I started walking again towards where it came from, becoming more scared the closer I got.

I came to a stop where I heard it inside the cell. I held onto the bars as I looked further into it.

"Harry?" I called out softly, "Harry, it's me."

Then the noise stopped. Suddenly, I heard a growl, before I was thrown back by a force that hit the bars. I looked back to see him. It was Harry. I would have been relieved, if it wasn't for what he looked like. He was snarling aggressively, reaching his hands towards me through the bars. His teeth were bared and his eyes were such a dark red they almost seemed black. He pushed his body against the bars in an attempt to get out as he growled and spat at me.

"Harry? What's wrong?" I asked worriedly, staying far away from him.

He looked like a zombie, even paler than usual. I looked to the right when I heard another bang, only to see Niall in the cell next to him, looking exactly the same. His hair was dishevelled, his eyes the same dark red Harry's were. He also reached out towards me hungrily. That's it. Hunger. They haven't been fed.

I looked all along the corridor, seeing the rest of the boys, clothes torn, teeth bared, eyes shining with an unfamiliar hunger.

I ran back towards the door, I couldn't handle seeing them like this for much longer. But as I was running, I ran into someone. I looked up to see who it was. Bjorn.

I pushed back against him, but he was quick to grab me again. When I looked up for a second time I saw something that I hadn't seen in a while. He had the same compassionate look that he had when I had first met him, and for some reason, I fell for it a second time. I hugged him tightly, trying to gain some comfort from him. He hugged me back, strangely enough, wrapping his wings around me as well. I started crying softly. This situation was just too much for me to handle. He rubbed my back with his hand calmly.

"Shh, calm down, baby." He soothed,

I was still wondering firstly why I suddenly didn't hate Bjorn, and secondly why I was going to him for comfort. Must be that 'natural attraction' thing Hakon had talked about all that time ago. But to be honest, I didn't care that much, Bjorn seemed to be the only one who actually would comfort me at this point.

"I need to take you back." He said, holding me at arms length as he talked, "Otherwise you'll never be allowed down here again."

I nodded in understanding, following him as he took my hand and lead me up the stairs again.

My heart still ached from seeing Harry.

~*~