41. Friends Left Behind

You know what? Just cos you guys are amazing readers, commenters and voters, I'll give you an update any way! Plus I left you on quite the cliffhanger...

Here ya go!!

---

We dashed through the corridors, dodging other people running in the opposite direction, guards, servants and knights. After a while, the guard leading me threw his helmet to the ground, flicking his hair of the sweat that was drenching his head. He turned his head to look behind us for a second, allowing me to see who my tight-lipped 'saviour' was.

Bjorn?

"Why aren't you helping with the war?" I called to him, over the shouts of the panicked people rushing past us,

"I was told to stay back here and watch you whilst His Majesty is away. Something about him thinking I was 'trustworthy'."

"You wouldn't protect me if your life depended on it." I scoffed,

"I care about you more than you realise. I'll always protect you." He muttered, making it difficult for me to hear, but I just about understood him.

His vice-like grip was turning my wrist red and raw as he yanked me around winding corners as he poked his head into different rooms as we passed, checking to see which ones were safe or empty. I kept stumbling as his speed kept increasing everytime another guard rushed past, each time with a different weapon. Some held swords, others nets, others restraining demonic dogs, snarling and snapping with glowing red eyes and curved elongated teeth.

We quickly ran down the stairs in the foyer, now crawling with guards and dogs alike, all looking in all the doors along the walls. I was deafened by the noise of howling and growling dogs, as well as the masculine shouts of the Dark Angels after checking each room for the boys. I was pulled around a corner at the bottom of the stairs, and thrown into what looked like a store cupboard. Lovely.

"Stay here until one of us comes to get you. And if you leave, I can't guarantee you won't be mistaken as one of them." He warned, closing the door violently, blocking out the cachophony of noise coming from outside it.

Well I know one thing for certain. I'm not staying in here. The only thing I need to figure out now is how to get out undetected, find the boys and not get killed by them, and get out. Should be fun. It can't be that difficult to avoid everyone though, since most of Erebus' forces should be away fighting the vampires. However, there are still enough to fill the castle.

I waited until the hallway outside was seemingly quiet, before opening it a crack to have a look for anyone around. The muffled sound I heard in the distance implied that all the action had moved over to the west wing, meaning I, in the east wing, was safe.

I hastily opened the door the rest of the way before rushing down the corridor in the opposite direction to where I heard the same shouts and barks of the search parties.

As I ran down the vacant hallways, looking behind me for any sign of danger, I ran into someone. Fearing the worst, I screamed and tried to scramble away quickly before a soft, but shaky voice spoke,

"It's okay, madam! It's only me!"

I looked up to find Miss Mason holding a hand out to me, looking around worriedly. I took her hand and stood up, brushing myself off as she began to speak,

"You shouldn't be here!" She warned, holding me at arms length, "Those vampires'll tear you to pieces if they find you!"

"I know. I have to find a way to get them back to normal, before we escape." I told her, making her features become even more concerned.