46. Getting Home

I woke to the warm glow of the morning sun shining on my face, making my squint until my eyes adjusted. I jump slightly when I heard a voice behind me.

"Yay, you're awake!" Harry said, his voice still hoarse and gravelly from sleep.

"Only just." I laughed, rubbed my sore eyes and turning around.

It was then I realised I was wearing his shirt, and that he had spent the entire night, outside, shirtless. I couldn't help but laugh as he seemed a tad cold, but tried his best to hide it to maintain his manliness.

"Need a shirt?" I laughed, sitting up to take it off, before he stopped me.

"It's fine, I'm not cold." He assured me, even though the goosebumps were evident on his skin.

"C'mere." I smiled, opening my arms and pulling him into me.

He tucked his head into my neck, sighing deeply as his grip tightened. I had difficulty breathing as his grip became a bit too strong.

"Harry."I wheezed, "Bit...much."

He loosened his grip before muttering a 'sorry' quietly, but not moving back any further.

"You're really warm." He said, "Reminds me of being human myself."

"Do you miss being human?" I asked carefully, not wanting to open any old wounds, but he didn't seem to mind.

"Sometimes," He began leaning back a bit so he could look at me properly, "But it's times like that when you have to take a step back and weigh up the positives and negatives. It's then you realise that there aren’t many bad things in your life and being inhuman doesn't seem so bad."

"What kinds of positives?" I questioned, intrigued.

"Well, the super speed's pretty sick." He laughed, "Being able to read someone's mind is something I think I'll always love."

"Speaking of which, you haven't done that in a while." I smiled, "So thanks."

"Oh believe me I have." He grinned, "I just didn't tell you when."

"Like when?" I frowned,

"If I told you, that would ruin the trick, wouldn't it?"

"Fine, let's just get back to the boys." I huffed, standing up and stretching, taking the extra shirt off and throwing it to Harry.

"They've already left."

I looked at him confused, cocking my head to one side subconsciously asking him what he meant. He simply laughing, pulling the shirt over his head, which he seemed to enjoy the warmth of.

"They left for the kingdom before you woke up."

"And how do we plan on getting there?" I crossed my arms, slightly annoyed he hadn't told me earlier.

He smirked, walked toward me, looking down at me from his towering height.

"This is the bit I think you'll like."

He turned to look over the horizon, staring into the cloudless skies. He cupped his hands, raising them to his mouth and making some kind of bird call. I looked at him suspiciously, making him laugh as me scanned the horizon.

I heard the deep, booming sound of large wings beating, instantly making me hide behind Harry in fear of the Dark Angels turning up. He reached a hand behind me gently taking a hold of my wrist and pulling me back in front of him, as he whispered in my ear.

"Don't worry, look." He pointed to the right of the sky, which made my jaw drop when I saw what he had called.

Two stunningly beautiful winged horses were gracefully flying over to us, landing on the grass with a soft thump. A shining black stallion, with 4 white feet, and a beautiful crystal white mare stood next to each other, but quickly the black one trotted over to Harry.

"Whoa, boy." Harry soothed the sleek black one, who seemed a bit jumpy at my presence, "She's a friend."

He softly stroked his hand over the horse’s forehead, instantly calming him, his wings slowly coming to rest at his side.

The other pegasus, blazing ivory white, looking inquisitively over at me, taking a few steps toward me, nickering softly. My hands staying frozen at my sides, as the creature sniffed and investigated me. It pushed his head into my hand, silently pleading to be petted, to which I reluctantly obliged.

It’s strong wings flapped approvingly as I scratched his head, making it growl lowly. I smiled happily, looking up at Harry, who was smiling back at me, stroking his horse's neck soothingly.

"What are their names?" I asked, combing through it's mane with my fingers.

"This one's called Ares. He's a boy." He smiled, giving him a scratch behind the ears, before walking over to me, "And this one's Gaia. She's a girl."

"And they're going to take us to the kingdom?" I said,

"Yeah, let's get you on." He bent down, lifting me by the hips and putting me on her effortlessly.

I tensed slightly, having never been on a flying horse before, and she seemed to sense it. As Harry walked away and jumped on his Pegasus, she turned around and nudged my hand and looking over towards her mane, indicating for me to hang on. I tightly knotted my fingers in her mane, his Harry grinned at me.

"Ready?" He smirked, turning Ares to look over at the horizon, spreading his wings in anticipation.

I suddenly became empowered with courage, leaning forward and scratching Geia's neck soothingly. I confidently looked up again at Harry.

"Hell yeah." I winked, making him laugh as he lightly nudged him forward, making him jump of the edge of the cliff, taking off into the sky.

I didn't need to tell mine to do the same, as she followed on, taking a few bouncing step, spreading her wings and gliding across the sky.

We caught up with Harry and Ares, his mane and tail flowing in the wind as his wings flapped subtly. He smirked, pointing over at the horizon, where the spire of a tower was barely visible. I pointed over at it as well, mouthing 'there?' at him, to which he nodded.

Gaia suddenly let out a panicked whinny, diving suddenly as the sound of swooping wings could be heard from behind us. I looked up to see a Dark Angel, trying to pull Harry off Ares, who was desperately trying to dodge his grasp.

I pulled gently on her mane, trying to get her to go back up, but she wouldn't.

"We need to help him!" I pleaded, "Please, Gaia!"

She neighed in panic, even though she did pull up, setting me up behind him. I looked back and forth from Harry to the Angel, coming up with the most ridiculous and stupid idea to save him. But it was the only thing I could think of. I precariously stood up on her back, jumping over and wrapping my arms around the attackers neck, making him shout in surprise and fall.

I wrapped my legs around him, grabbing the dagger from around his belt and driving it into his chest repeatedly as he struggled to spread his wings from beneath my body. The dagger suddenly slipped from my hands, making me reach down to retrieve it, which gave the Angel enough time in my distraction to push me off and spread his wings.

I screamed as he came towards me, but gasping in shock as a dark shadow descended from above him.

Harry and brought Ares down, who kicked the Angel square in the head, knocking him unconscious as he fell to the ground. As I turned to fall to the ground, Gaia flew beneath me a scooped me up, making me gasp in surprise.

It took a while for my breathing to return to normal, at which time I looked over at Harry, who was simply smirking.

"Never. Try to save me. Again." He chuckled, stroking Ares' neck, who whinnied happily.

~*~

 Woo, they're going home! But it's not over yet...

Don't forget to vote, comment, and if you're feeling extra happy, sent me a message or post on my message board!

Love you guys!

Votes for next chapter: 10