35. They Found Us

Harry visibly tensed at my words, his eyes clouding over in red as the muscles in his eyes visibly flexed.

"I'll always be here." He said carefully, "I need you to remember that."

"Of course, Harry."

"I'll protect you no matter what."

"I know, Harry."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

He smiled affectionately before pulling me into a hug. He rocked me back and forth, rubbing my back caringly and nuzzled his face into my hair.

I heard someone walking in and clear their throat. Harry turned around to see Liam standing there with a note in his hand.

"Bjorn left a note." He said, holding it out, "I think it's quite important."

I watched as his eyes darted across the page as he read it. He looked more concerned as he read to the bottom. When he was done he gave it back to him.

"We should go then." Harry nodded towards the door.

"Boys." Liam called up the stairs, the others quickly assembled in the main entrance way.

"Where now?" Zayn asked,

"Away." Harry said, "We need to make sure she's safe.'"

---

The boys packed into the Range Rover but still didn't tell me where we were going. They never do when Harry gets like this. Everyone was really quiet, even Louis wasn't making any noise.

We drove back towards the city it seemed, as there were more buildings in the area we were entering. All I wanted to know was why we were going back to the place we had so suddenly left. It wouldn't do us any good would it?

Before we had actually gotten anywhere near the city, the car came to a sudden halt, throwing me forward. We had stopped in an area with a few abandoned cars parked on the side of the road, the pavements were cracked, and a few trees and bushes were creeping over the edges of the road. There wasn't a house in sight, the place we were in seemed deadly dead.

The boys sat completely still, until they nodded to each other and hastily filed out of the car.

"Anyone care to explain why we stopped so suddenly?" I asked rather irritably.

Harry covered my mouth with his hand quickly, glaring at me,

"Be quiet!" He whispered harshly,

He took his hand off my mouth, going back to looking around the area. The other boys were zooming up and down the street, scanning everything carefully. I began to panic when they all stopped their movements and looking over to the left of where the car was parked.

It happened in a flash. A black mass whizzed past me, before grunts of pain sounded from beside me, where the boys were no longer standing. I watched in horror as the boys fought against smoke that enveloped them. I watched Harry in particular. His eyes were blood red and his fangs stuck boldly out of his mouth as he hissed furiously at the attackers.

I watched as the black smoke held back his wrists as he struggled. It flowed into his mouth and nose as he thrashed to release himself from the trap. But he couldn't.

I saw the energy gradually leave him. His struggling ceased, his arms fell loosely by his sides, his legs stopped movinf entirely. I looked over to me desperately, before his head fell to the concrete of the road, closing his eyes with a sigh.

I looked to see the same fate had come to the rest of the boys, all now laying seemingly lifeless on the ground.

I tried to run over to Harry to help, before I felt something grab both of my wrists. I squirmed against the restraints before I turned to see what was holding me.

My eyes widened in fear when I saw the same dark hooded figure, smoke pouring out of his right hand, the same smoke that was stopping me from reaching Harry.

"That was much too easy you know." He chuckled darkly, moving closely to me as I wriggled helplessly, "I was definitely expecting more of a challenge from them. But they are only vampires after all."

I tried to speak, but as soon as I opened my mouth, a tendril of smoke shot from the palm of his hand, choking me as I fell to the ground weakly.

"Really, I thought I would have to try harder to wipe out the entire race. But I bet I could do it over night." He paced.

He walked over to the boys, examining them, making sure they weren't conscious. He came to Harry's body.

"And this is the one you're so fond of." He snickered, "Well look at him now."

He kicked him carelessly, making me struggle even more to break free. I've never wanted to kill anyone so badly.

He turned to me, pulling his hood off his head in the process. He had the same blond hair that Hakon had had, the same body shape too, and this only made me more scared.

"But now," He growled, "I have you."

He pulled my chin up to look at him, his smirk chilling me to the bone.

"I can see why these boys wanted to keep you. You would make an excellent vampire." He threw me down to the ground again, "But you'd make an even better Angel."

I was curled up in a ball on the floor, hoping that if I stayed still he would be gentler on me. But what he said caught my attention.

"Bjorn." He called, snapping his fingers.

The figure that I had learned to trust with my life came swooping down next to him. I felt my heart burn in betrayal. He had the same sadistic expression that the rest of the Dark Angels wore. It was at that point I felt that we had lost all hope. I was secretly waiting for him to come down and help us out.

I never thought that he would be one of them. 

"Yes, master?" He replied obediently, holding his hands behind his back with his wings spread widely.

"Take this baggage away." He snarled, "You know where."

Bjorn nodded, whistling with his thumb and index finger. At his command, 5 more Dark Angels flew down, picking up the boys and took off again.

Bjorn walked over and picked me up, now barely awake. Just before I fell unconscious, he whispered the words in my ear.

"You get the pleasure of flying with me."

~*~