34. First Move

When I woke up the next morning, everything was quiet except for the birds chirping outside, and branches of the trees softly scuffing against the window. I looked at the birds flying past and the leaves gliding past and landing on the dew-covered grass.

A low moaning noise sounded from behind me, and I turned to see sleeping Harry, his face contort in concentration and his curls covering his forehead. He seemed to be having some sort of dream, as he started mumbling words as his facial expression kept changing. I giggled at him, he was really cute when he slept. Soon after his grip on me tightened and pulled me closer to him, trying to comfort himself. But to quite honest, I liked being his little 'teddy bear'. He's so gentle in everything he does, and whenever he cuddles with me, he always does it as if he's scared to break me.

I turned over so now I was facing him, and kissed his nose affectionately. I began running my fingers through his hair soothingly, and just as I did, I saw him smile,

"Why can't I wake up to this every morning?" He chuckled in his rough morning voice as he opened his shining emerald eyes.

"Cos today you looked especially cute, so I had to." I said simply, still stroking his curls.

"I'm not cute." He frowned playfully, "I'm a scary vampire. Rawr."

"You're going to have to work on that, Curly." I laughed as I pulled myself away from him and out of bed.

"Where do you think you're going?" He smirked, "I'm still here you know?"

"Exactly. I better run for the hills." I laughed, walking out of the room, still smiling to myself.

Just as I considered myself to be out of range of him, I felt the familiar whoosh of cold air, as Harry's head rested on my shoulder.

"You know it's rude to walk away from a vampire?" He whispered in my ear.

"Then it looks like I'm being an ultra rebel at the moment." I smirked, as I carried on walking down the hallway.

It worried me when I didn't hear him speak again. I turned around a few seconds later to find that h wasn't there. I screamed when I turned back again and he was only a few inches from me. He slammed his hand over my mouth so I wouldn't wake to other boys up.

"So you're a screamer, eh?" He smirked.

"Christ, Harry!" I laughed, "Can't you go a few minutes without a dirty thought popping into your head?" 

"Well you know how they say men think dirty thoughts every few minutes?" He began, "Imagine how much a supernatural man must think about it..."

"Ok, you creeping me out." I pushed him away and flopped onto the sofa in the living room.

I groaned, holding my stomach in mock pain.

"What's the matter, groany?" He laughed,

"Feed meeee.." I moaned, "You haven't fed me in aaaages."

"Because last time I did, that creep did something." He crossed his arms.

"Well he's gone now, so unlimited sanwiches for me!" I laughed,

"I'll get you something, as long as you promise to not move from that spot." He frowned,

"Yeah, yeah, I promise." I sighed, "Now feed me."

He chuckled to himself, before making his way back out of the room and into the kitchen.

I twiddled my thumbs as I waited for his return. I heard him moved stuff around, before a few curse words, and the sound of a lot of things hitting the floor. I laughed to myself about the image of Harry in the kitchen, hopelessly knocking things over.

At this point, Bjorn casually walked into the room,

"How did you get here?" I asked him,

"I came in like normal," He smiled, "You know, smoke, that song and dance."

"Yeah, I get it." I said, "You realise Harry's going to flip if he knows you're here."

"I had a chat with him last night, and I think we're ok now." He sighed,

"It didn't sound like that to me." I frowned, "Actually it sounded quite violent down here."

"He wasn't happy that I was hanging around, but I think the other guys got him to understand." He said,

"Which is a point," I started, "Have you got any news you need to report?"

"Sort of." He shrugged, "I found out what they planned for their first move."

"Which is?" I pushed,

"Well," He began, "Erebus wants to get the public on his side, so he's making it seem as though you killed Hakon in cold blood. All those who dare to question the King, or show any sign of disagreement are classed as just as bad, and are ordered to be killed. But most people know of how terrible he was, and believe your story more than his, but of course they don't really have a choice."

Harry now came back into the room, handing me a cheese sandwich on a plate, before turning to shoot daggers at Bjorn.

"What are you doing here?" He growled, "We didn't say you could be here."

"He has news on Erebus' ideas, he just told me." I tried to calm him down,

"Well, I want to know." He said, still looking aggressive towards him, "Especially after the conversation we had last night."

Whilst Bjorn explained the whole story to Harry again, I couldn't help but wonder exactly what had happened last night, it seemed important whatever he had said. I don't really trust him to be gentle on him, knowing how volatile he can be. I finished eating, and kicked back on the sofa as I waited for them to finish.

"So how does this help us?" He snarled, "We could guess that that was happening over there."

"But what you wouldn't know is how they were going to attack first, which is what I do know." Bjorn smirked,

"Careful there, fairy." Harry warned, "Just spill before I do something I'll regret."

"Fine," Bjorn seemed to be getting a bit irritated with the constant bullying, "He's going to send a group of Dark Angels over here to take Kate back, and kill the rest of you. I hope you realise if he succeeds, he won't stop until the whole of the vampire race has been hunted down and killed."

"Thank you, Bjorn." I smiled, "But I think you better leave before Harry breaks something."

"Prefereably you." Harry muttered.

"Anyway!" I slapped his arm, "I appreciate it Bjorn."

"That's ok, but yeah, I'll be going." He mumbled, before he disappeared.

"Finally." Harry breathed, calming himself down.

"Calm yourself there." I laughed, "We don't want to kill an ally."

"Well at least now he's gone." He sighed, "That's one probem sorted."

"But we still have the Dark Angels to worry about." I said,

"They're coming Harry."

~*~