49. Feeding Time

"I'm ready." I said seriously, looking to Harry who was scanning my face carefully.

"You're thirsty is what you are." He chuckled lightly. "Look in the mirror."

I turned to the mirror in the corner, laughing when I saw my reflection.

"I thought vampires couldn't see themselves in a mirror?" I laughed,

"Stephanie Meyer thought we glittered like fucking disco balls in the sunlight, so there's another thing to add to the list of 'ways we can make vampries look like fairies as much as possible'." He smiled, coming up behind me and locking his fingers together in front of me, resting his hands on my stomach.

I examined myself up and down, my skin was a lot paler, more porcelain than before, and the bite wounds on my neck had completely healed. My hair shone healthly, and most importantly, my fangs were poking out over the tops on my bottom row of teeth, and my eyes were a faint colour of red.

"We have some blood servants downstairs if you want a drink." Harry offered, hugging me tighter and taking resting his head on my shoulder, smiling at me in the mirror.

"I don't know." I said, "It sounds cruel."

"They don't mind." Harry reasoned,

"That's what rapists say." I laughed, making Harry laugh too, causing my back to shake with the movement of his chest.

"I'm serious." He grinned, "Come on."

"I just realised." I laughed, "We're on the brink of war and we're pretending nothing's even happening."

He smirked, interlocking his fingers with mine, pulling me closer to him.

"Well how about we enjoy this time we have now?" He smiled, kissing my nose affectionately.

I giggled, pushing his chest playfully before moving out of the door, down the same corridor he had taken me when we first arrived. Harry quickly caught up with his vampire speed, making me smirk.

"What?" He laughed breathily, his smile falling once he realised what I was thinking.

"I can do that now." I grinned, started to sprint down the corridor, which quickly turned into the vampiric dash that I had seen Harry perform so many times.

"Hey, wait!" I heard him shout after me, but I only laughed as I enjoyed my new found speed.

I stopped when I crashed into someone walking the other way as I turned a corner.

"Sorry!" I said, getting up and helping the person who I knocked down back to his feet again. Suddenly, the delicious fruity smell from before floated into my nose, and it was the smell I now recognised to be blood.

"T-That's ok." He smiled sheepishly, his nasal voice making me smile, "I'm sorry for not looking where I was going."

I smiled warmly, frowned once I realised I didn't recognise who this person was. He seemed to notice my confusion and reached one hand out for me to shake.

"Mar-." He began but couldnt finish as Harry appeared next to me,

He frowned at the person in front of me.

"What are you doing up here?" He hissed, "Go back to your room."

"But Harry I just wanted to-"

"Now." He said flatly, waving him off before grabbing my arm and walked past him. He weakly waved at me as I was dragged away rather violently.

"Who was that?" I asked, shaking my arm free from Harry's grip.

"My brother." He sighed, "He should have been done with the others."

I was about to ask him what he meant before he pulled a stopped at another enormous door, opening it to reveal an extensive hall. Throughout it there were people and vampires alike, some having a conversation and some people being fed off of.

Harry held firmly onto my shoulders as we entered, and I didn't understand why until a few seconds later. The strong scent of blood hit me, and my mouth watered. I instantly pulled forward to run at the closest person I could reach. Harry's hold on me was strong however, leaving me struggling helplessly.

"Calm down." He said soothingly, making me spine tingle. "You'll get your chance."

"Ugh, when?" I asked, rather rudely.

"Now. Marcel!" He called, and I held a door creak open ony my right.

I gasped, as the same boy from the corridor appeared, his face showed only sadness and fear as he looked around for the one who had summoned him. His eyes widened as he caught sight of us, walking over carefully as Harry gestured for him to come closer.

"He shall be your first meal." Harry grinned, moving around to behind Marcel, who looked like a scared rabbit.

Harry patted his shoulders harshly, pushing him towards me, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop myself from biting him. I lunged forward, digging my fangs as deep into his neck as I could, making Harry grin maliciously as he watched. I closed my eyes as I swallowed all the blood I could, until Harry began to look concerned. Suddenly he leapt forward, separating me from him, making me hiss as I watched the blood slowly seep from the wound.

"Now, now." Harry scolded playfully, "You don't want to kill the boy."

He clapped Marcel's shoulder and laughed, even though Marcel looked anything but ok. Harry handed him a goblet of some clear liquid which, once he drank it, healed the incision on his neck perfectly.

"This hall is open to you to come down and drink whenever you like," He smiled, "But please don't kill any of them."

I giggled, my face flushing a slight pink with embarrassment.

"What time is it?" I suddenly asked, the thought of the attack rung through my mind.

"7.00 in the evening." Marcel replied, consulting his watch. "We have 12 hours."

"We better get to training you then." Harry grinned, moving out of the room with me following behind obediently.

~*~