Chapter Four

"Time to get up, my love," I wake up to Ronnie brushing the hair out of my face.

"Already?" I sit up in bed and try to wake myself up.

"Yes, already," he goes to the edge of the bed and picks up his passed out daughter.

"Do your fans know we're married?" I ask.

"They should," he says, "I mean, the wedding was pretty big, and the outcome was even bigger."

"Oh yeah," I get up out of bed. "What do you want me to do while you're on stage?"

"Sit there and look pretty," he says, helping me out of bed.

"I get to watch you, right?" I wrap my arms around him from behind.

"Yes, you do. Willow loves the shows, you'll have fun."

"I haven't seen you perform in nine years," I remind myself.

Oh my god, it's been nine years since he's been arrested. Ten years since Dying Is Your Latest Fashion came out.

"Well, it's different now," he lays Willow down on the bed and brings his attention back to me, "I probably perform differently too. Venues are bigger, fans are crazier, and the music sure is better."

"Hmm, I don't know about that," I pull myself closer to him, "I liked your old music."

"So tell me now, ten years later, what's it like to die alone?" He grins and wraps his arms around me.

"Let me tell you something, Ronnie Radke, it sure is great," I wrap my arms around his neck.

"That was a damn good song, you must admit," he kisses my forehead.

"'The blood in your veins is twenty below', you're awful," I joke.

"Hey, there was a time when you were a stone cold bitch, but you love me so get over it," he jokes back.

"Remember when I was hanging in the tour bus with TJ and you and Craig started hating on me using those lyrics?" I flash back to warped tour 2013 when TJ and I got engaged.

"Sorry I was jealous," he tucks a piece of hair behind my ear.

"I can't believe I was going to marry someone else," I say.

"Nah, I wasn't going to let that happen," he says.

"Obviously," I roll my eyes at him, "I'm glad you didn't."

"Ew, Juliet Bell," he teases.

"Yeah, I like Radke better," I kiss his cheek.

"Good because you're not going anywhere this time."

"Fucking nine years later," I laugh.

I was beyond happy to have Ronnie back in my life. Reflecting on the past was great, but painful at the same time. I hate to remember what happened when he came back from prison.

"Why did you decide to give me another chance?" Ronnie asks.

"Because you were my best friend," I say, "I couldn't imagine going a day without you at one point in my life."

"Yeah, but you got over it, didn't you?"

"No," I feel myself tearing up, "I couldn't. For all those years I couldn't get over it. It wasn't fair to Craig and it wasn't fair to TJ. I was heartless because you, you fucking asshole, stole my heart and smashed it into a thousand pieces. I couldn't find anyone to pick those pieces back up, I tried and I tried. Then I came across you again, at the music video shoot. God, did it hurt to see you. Then you kissed me, you fucking kissed me."