Chapter Fifteen

"So there we were, Philip and I, at the top of the Ferris wheel. My dumbass says, 'hey Philip, you think I can jump to the next cart?' And he's like, 'dude, no way you can make it.' But I'm not a loser right? So I tried anyways," Andy tells his story to Bell and I as we wait for the server to take our order.

"You're so dumb," I punch his shoulder.

"Hey, I was young and adventurous," he says, pulling my hand away from his arm and locking his fingers with mine.

"Yeah, because a year makes so much of a difference in being young versus old," I joke.

"So I make the leap of faith to the next cart right? I missed the landing and smacked into the side of that bitch so hard," he continues to explain.

"Oh my god," Bell laughs, "I could only imagine."

"Honestly, hitting the side was probably the easiest part. I slid off the side and fell to the next cart. Then the next one, and the next one, until finally I fell about fifty feet and hit the ground."

"How are you still alive?" I ask, looking through the menu.

"I'm laying there, too full of adrenaline to feel the pain, when I hear my best friend shout, 'dude are you okay?' So I'm like, 'yeah bro that was so cool' unaware of the fact that I had a concussion and two fractures ribs," he laughs at his own pain.

"Holy shit," I say, "you're so stupid."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," he continues, "the paramedics took me away and that was it. I spent the day in the hospital before realizing what actually happened. I've haven't been to the carnival since."

"I'm not surprised, you seem like the type to do something stupid like that," I tease.

"Shut up," he rolls his eyes, "I could see you doing it too."

"No?" Bell says, "Juliet is smart."

"And I'm not?," Andy hisses.

"Poor baby," Dave adds, "if I was your best friend then, I would have fallen with you."

"I know you would have," Andy high fives him from across the table.

"How cute," Hayden says, staring down at the menu.

"Ooh, do you want to share the blueberry pancakes?" Andy leans up against me and points them out in the menu.

"Yes," I rest my head on his shoulder, "but I want bacon."

"Duh, bacon is the best," he kisses the top of my head.

"Uh oh," Dave glares around the restaurant.

"What's wrong, princess?" Hayden asks.

"Big trouble to your right," he says, referring to the door.

"Shit," Andy and I say, watching the two other bands walk into the restaurant.

The first thing Ronnie saw was Andy and I. I immediately sat up and hid behind the menu. They just had to stop at the same place as us. I didn't want to see either group for awhile.

"Don't panic," Dave says to Andy and myself, "you two get on the ground and we'll sneak you out."

"Or we can be adults and sit here like they aren't here?" Brandon suggests.

"Whatever," Andy says, wrapping his arm around my shoulder once again, "I hope he sees his loss."

"I think they saw us," Brent says, slouching in his chair.

"They don't even care about you, Brent, chill," Andy hisses.

"I care about you, Brent," Brandon gives Andy a dirty look.