Chapter Thirty Five

I've never felt so warm sleeping next to Ronnie as I did last night. When I would wake up in the middle of the night, terrified of what reality has come to be, he was there. I didn't want to think about the future, knowing that this house was eventually going to belong to either Ronnie or myself, meaning the other will never sleep in this bed again.

I woke up early so I could have time by myself in the kitchen with just a cup of coffee. It felt good to be home, but I missed touring with my boys. I was so excited to head back to Canada for a show in Montreal tonight.

Ronnie joined me in the kitchen around seven to remind me about our flight. Things felt the same as the days before we left for the Rest In Space Tour. It absolutely terrified me.

"You ready to get back to the tour?" Ronnie asks me, pouring himself a cup of coffee.

"Yeah," I set my coffee down on the island and join him on the other side of the kitchen, "I can't believe you're actually letting me come back with you."

"I couldn't leave you here even if I wanted to. You wouldn't allow it, and I know Andy wouldn't allow it either," he explains. I know he couldn't leave me here.

"Do you want me to stay here?" I ask him, even though I am planning on going back anyways.

"I mean, you have created a few problems during the tour, but you're happy, and I don't think I could stand to be away from you that long, even if we're not together."

I will forever feel awful for what I've done to our marriage. This will most likely be the last time I stand in this kitchen with Ronnie. I couldn't bear the thought, so I refused to think about the details.

The flight back to Canada was actually very nice. Ronnie and I had passed the time by talking and listening to music together. I loved being able to spend time alone with him again. That ended about half way through our flight.

"Hi," a blonde girl with bright blue eyes takes the empty seat next to Ronnie and I.

"Hi?" I glance over at her, then back at Ronnie. I was now sitting in between both of them and I felt very claustrophobic.

"How are y'all?" She becomes very invested in Ronnie and I. I just wanted her to go away.

"Good," I nod my head awkwardly, hoping she'll walk away.

"Where you heading to?" She continues to ask us questions, setting her purse down on the floor of the airplane.

"Canada," I answer again. Ronnie wasn't interested in what she had to say at all.

"Where in Canada?"

"Um," I look a Ronnie for an answer.

"Montreal," he glances at me. I knew the answer, I just really didn't want to talk to this girl.

"Oh my gosh, me too," she says, making herself comfortable.

"I would hope so, being that we're on a flight to Montreal," I make no attempt to hide my sarcasm.

"I'm visiting my boyfriend while he's on a trip," she explains with no reason. I didn't ask about her personal life.

"Cool," I look at Ronnie for help.

"I haven't seen him in a couple of years," she continues to speak.

"That sucks," Ronnie adds.

"I hope he still remembers me."

"I'm sorry," I interrupt her, "who are you?"

"Bailey," she smiles at Ronnie and I. Something was off about Bailey, I could feel it. Her brain didn't seem to be functioning correctly.