Chapter Fourteen

Reality hit my like a truck in the middle of the night as I woke up, reminding myself that I was in Andy Leo's bed with a complete stranger lying next to me.

"Andy?" I wrap myself around the arm of the figure lying next to me, hoping for comfort.

"This is still my bed, just because your here doesn't mean I'm giving it up," he mumbles.

"Has anything happened since I fell asleep last night?" I ask, concerned about Ronnie's reaction to all of this.

"Um," he rubs his eyes, attempting to waking himself up, "Vic came by."

"What did he say?" I ask, bringing myself closer to him.

"He just wanted to check up on you. He also said Ronnie wanted.. Oh never mind," he stops himself mid sentence.

"What?" I turn and face Andy as he lays silent. "What did he want?" I ask again.

"Hey, did I ever tell you about the time my best friend and I went to the fair and I fell off the top of that big wheel thing?" He changes the subject, obviously not wanting answer my question.

"Andy," I attempt bring his attention back to me.

"It was a Ferris wheel, that's what it's called."

"Andrew," I tug on his arm.

"I thought I was your best friend," Dave says from the top bunk.

"You are," Andy calls back.

"Okay, but wasn't that like a year ago?" He argues, feeling hurt by Andy's best friend remark.

"Yeah," Andy carries on the pointless conversation.

"So I wasn't your best friend a year ago?" Dave argues back.

"Davey, people come and go in life," he explains, trying to spare Dave's feelings.

"I am offended. What a best friend you are."

"We'll go reenact it again this summer if it makes you happy," Andy sighs.

"Okay, I forgive you," Dave comes to terms.

"Andrew," I attempt to get his attention again tightening my grip on his arm.

"Fine," he sighs, "Ronnie said that-"

"Andy," Dave interrupts again, "my grandfathers final words are repeating in my head I'm sad."

"What were your grandfathers final words?" Andy asks with a tone of frustration.

"'Are you still holding the fucking ladder, David?'"

"Dude," Andy whispers, trying not to laugh.

"I know," David says.

"Okay," I interrupt, "go on."

"Oh, right," Andy brings his attention back to me, "I guess Willow is going home tomorrow."

"And?" I don't like where this is heading.

"He wants you to go home too."

He wants me to go home? He doesn't have that kind of control over me. I don't want to go home.

"What?" I ask, fearful of what Andy thinks.

"I mean, you don't have to go, you can stay with us, but I guess he doesn't want you on tour with him anymore," Andy explains, making the situation sound worse than it is.