Chapter Thirty Nine

The buses had finally stopped at the last venue Club X in Tucson, Arizona. The hot air burned through my lungs as I held back my pain. I had gotten no sleep the night before and my eyes felt dry.

"Please don't do this," I catch Ronnie outside of the tour bus.

"I'm sorry, Juliet, I have to," he says, stepping away from the bus.

"You don't Ronnie, you don't," I chase after him.

"You think I want to do this?" He stops and turns to face me. "You think I want a divorce? You think I want to lose the love of my life? I can't do this Juliet. I can't keep being your back up option. You don't even understand the amount of pain you've brought me."

"I'm sorry," I choke back my tears.

"Sorry isn't good enough this time," he turns away and keeps walking.

"Where are you going?"

"As far away from you as I can get," he says without looking back.

"Ronnie, please," I fight.

"Look," he stops walking and returns to face me, "unfortunately the soonest flight I could book is tonight at two am. We're staying one more night in Tucson to celebrate the end of the tour, but you're getting on that plane and packing your bags and leaving my house."

"I'll do anything," I plead.

"It's not good enough, Juliet. I'll have Vic take you to the airport after but I better not see you at my show tonight."

My heart felt like it was on fire. I couldn't speak, I couldn't breathe, I just had to watch the love of my life walk away. He walked away because I was just too stupid to realize he was the one. He walked away because I was too immature to stay by his side. Everything just hurt.

I tried all day to get Ronnie to change his mind. He just continued to brush me off like I was nothing. Everyone gave me a sympathetic look each time I tried to get close, but everyone knew it was my fault.

I think the worst part about all of this was during Falling in Reverse's sound check. Ronnie told me to stay out of the venue, but I couldn't help myself. I hid in the back of the venue at the bar, close enough so I could hear what was going on.

As the band played and Ronnie sang, things felt off. Things felt different. The band played the same but Ronnie sang different. The moment he sang "Loser" I understood completely what was happening. His pitch and tone were off, he had less passion.

Sitting there and hearing his angelic voice was tough. It was tough because it was the sound of him falling out of love.

I stayed behind in Crown The Empire's tour bus while everyone headed into the venue to set up for the show. I felt sick to my stomach and all I wanted to do was go in there and hold onto Ronnie and never let him go.

I tried to watch a movie on Netflix to block out my heartache but it didn't help. He was all I could think about.

"Juliet? Are you in there?" I hear a voice enter the tour bus.

"I'm back here," I shout.

"What are you doing in here by yourself?" Craig enters the lounge and takes a seat next to me on the couch.

"Oh my god, Craig!" I couldn't help myself, I jumped into his arms.

"I'm happy to see you too. The boys and I did a show last night in Phoenix and thought we'd stop by. I asked Ryan where I could find you and he told me what happened," Craig allows me to embrace him.

"It's so hard," I sob, "I don't know what to do. He told me I couldn't go to the show."

"Who's gonna stop you?" He lifts my chin.

"I don't know but-"

"Just come sit at the bar with me and the guys, nobody will even know you're there. If you feel so inclined, you can turn around and watch Ronnie perform from the bar."

"Yeah, I guess you're right..."

That was the start of one of the worst nights of my life. The whole tour was leading up to this awful, tragic moment. I lost my heart while others lost their lives in Tucson, Arizona.