Chapter Thirty One

I thought Andy was upset with me, but now I realize he is straight up avoiding me. I haven't even seen him since last night. He became really close with Ryan in the past day and decided to stay on the other bus with him and the rest of the tour. I still couldn't figure out what his problem was.

"I literally just saw Andy duck under the bus like he was trying to hide from me," I complain to the remainder of Crown The Empire as I enter the bus.

"He's just freaked out from your miscarriage, don't worry," Brandon says, wandering through the bus.

"Why would he be avoiding me then?" I take a seat on the couch and rest my head on Dave's shoulder.

"He's probably not avoiding you at all, he just made a new friend, that's all," Dave suggests. 

"So he just leaves the band to hang out with his new friend? I don't think so," I argue.

"Cupcake, you just had a baby, your hormones are probably all screwed up and you're overthinking this," Dave joins the rest of the band at the bar and leaves me on the couch.

"I know he's avoiding me," I continue to complain the rest of the ride to Grand Rapids.

I felt so close to everyone on this bus, and I've only known them a couple of weeks. Being on this tour has been one of the biggest events in my life and I can never forget it.

We arrived at the venue in a little over two hours. It was our last show before we headed back to Canada, so I was ready to make the best of it. I still haven't talked to Andy since last night, I just hope he is okay.

I hung around backstage with Danielle and Bell while the musicians did a sound check. Nobody spoke a word and it felt really weird, like they didn't know what to say to me.

"So," Bell breaks the silence.

"I know what you're thinking," I say.

"What?" Bell gives me a confused look.

"You're sorry I lost the baby; yes, I'm doing fine; and no, I do not need a hug," I answer all the question I could imagine are going through her head.

"We just want you to know that we feel for you, Juliet," Danielle explains.

"I don't want to be the reason everyone is freaked out, alright?"

"We're not freaked out," Bell adds, "it was a big event in your life, we just want you to know we care."

"Alright, I get it," I roll my eyes. I was the reason everyone was freaked out. Since the hospital visit, everyone has been different towards me. I just wanted things to return to normal.

"Wait," I interrupt my own thoughts to watch a figure walk past the doorway in the hall, "was that Andy?"

"I think so," Danielle brings her attention to the door.

Before anyone could say anything else, I bolted out of the room and into the hallway. The hall was dark, but I could see Andy walking towards the end of it, almost ten feet in front of me. I couldn't control myself, I ran up from behind and wrapped myself around him.

"Let go, Juliet," he says calmly, placing his hands over mine.

"Not until you tell me what the hell is going on, Andrew," I squeeze his waist and press my face into the back of his leather jacket.

"Juliet, I don't have time for this," he tries to explain.

"Yes, you do," I refuse to loosen my grip. I needed an answer to why he's been avoiding me.