Chapter Twenty Three

It is now 9:00 pm and the musicians are packing their bags and trying to get some sleep before we get on the bus and head for the next city. Andy forced me to talk to Ronnie, but I refused to go to his room alone.

"Knock on the door, babe," Andy tells me as I stand in front of Ronnie's room.

"I can't," I say, grabbing Andy's hand for support.

"Don't make me do it. If I'm going to knock on the door, I am going to be going in there to tell him that I'm pregnant with his baby," Andy jokes, trying to ease the situation.

"Fine, but that would make things easier," I say, walking away from the door.

"No, Juliet," he catches my arm and pulls me back to the door, "you're pregnant with Ronnie's baby, you have to talk to him. I'm just here for you if you get freaked out and bolt like you just did."

"God, please never say those words again," I roll my eyes and force myself to knock on the door. 

"Juliet?" Ronnie opens the door almost instantly, as if he knew we were there.

"Hi," I greet him, looking at Andy for answers.

"Hey Ronnie," Andy rolls his eyes at me, "we've got a situation."

"What's going on, guys?" He asks, looking straight towards me.

"Here," Andy says, pushing me into Ronnie and walking off down the hallway, "Juliet, you need to talk to him. Come find me when you're done."

Ronnie stepped back from me and allowed me to gather my thoughts before interrogating me.

"What was that all about?" He asks, shutting the door behind me.

"I need to tell you something," I say, feeling more nervous than I ever have in my life.

"Sure, take a seat. Is this about the divorce?" he gestures to the couch and walks towards his luggage on the bed to finish packing.

"No, Ronnie," I try to hold back my emotions.

"What's going on?" He asks, not looking up from his suitcase.

"I'm pregnant," I force these words from my lips.

"You're what?" He looks up from his suitcase and focuses on me.

"I'm pregnant," I say again, letting the tears fall down my cheeks.

"How do you know?" He takes a seat next to me on the couch and focuses all of his attention on me.

"Andy took me to this hospital. I'm four months pregnant. It's a boy," I feel my heart flood with emotion. I can't do this pregnancy, not with Ronnie.

"I have a son?" He asks in a tone I've never heard before. His voice made my heart break into a million pieces.

"Yeah," I start to bawl my eyes out into my jacket sleeve.

"We can't do this, Juliet," he says, wiping away my tears.

"We have to," I bite the inside of my cheek, trying to calm myself.

"We're getting a divorce. You're with Andy, I'm with Bell. We can't have a baby."

"But we're going to, Ronnie. There's no other option," I say.