Chapter Three

I went through two more classes just being stared at, welcomed back by my teachers and avoiding Jesse. Now it was lunch.

I walked to my locker and put away my bag then put my phone in my pocket. I checked my face in the little mirror I had taped to the inside of the locker door, and my face was filled with sadness. There's no way I could be happy here.

'BAM!'

My locker door slammed shut almost locking in my fingers. I shook in fright, a high pitched scream almost escaping my lips, it turned out to be a gasp.

"Ok, let's get this straight newbie, this is my school and you don't get to get away with things from me, I don't give a fuck who you are, and if I ever, see you in my seat again, I will get rid of you myself," I looked up to meet Jesse's angry face, his threatening eyes burning into mine.

I stood there, frozen just looking at him, it reminded me of my past when that man use to shout at me. I stood there still frozen, tears almost filling my eyes. I wasn't ready for this, I was scarred for life.

"Aren't you gonna say something?" He looked at me condescendingly, like I was stupid.

"She's not worth it babe," I heard then turned to see Monica Farewell. How could I forget that little bitch. She humiliated me in the lunchroom some time ago.

"Remember me?" she smiled causing me to roll my eyes. "Yes I think she does," there was another voice, my eyes landed on Sasha Peart, Monica's Follower.

"Lets go," she called to Jesse then he hit the locker and I shook again, then they walked away laughing at me.

"She looks so frightened," Monica spoke through her laughter.

"And scared," Sasha added then they laughed even more.

I leaned on the locker and slid myself to the floor then rest my head against my knees. It was only the first day back and it had gone bad already.

"Hey, you're Ally Jackson right?" I heard a voice so I looked up to see who it was.

My eyes met a brunette haired girl, looking down at me, just then I remembered that she asked me a question so I nodded my head.

"I'm Casie Moore, welcome back," she smiled and I nodded my head again, not wanting to say anything to invite her to stay.

"Here, let me help you," she spoke and reached out her hand to help me up, she sounded more like a tom-boy.

"Thanks," I simply said after she pulled me up and let go. That was actually the first word I said since I entered the main hallway.

"You look different," she said as her eyes examined my face, then my hands and I quickly fixed my sleeves so she couldn't see any of my scars.

"Sorry if I made you uncomfortable," she apologized when she saw what I did.

"Are you-" she reached out to touch my shoulder but I quickly moved away. I didn't do it intentionally, it just happened because I wasn't used to or comfortable, with other people than my mom, touching me.

"Ok?" She slowly finished what she was gonna say then drew back her hand.

"I'm fine," I answered quickly then walked away. It was so weird that she would just come up to me and just start talking. Casie Moore?? I didn't recall.

I went straight to the lunchroom and everyone I passed looked at me weird and said stuff, and I doubt they were saying anything good. I got my lunch and stood trying to figure out where to sit.