Chapter Forty

"Good Morning, It's time for school," i heard a voice and i opened my eyes i was laid on my back and the curtains were drawn and the light made feel blind and something flashed through my mind and i heard screams. I remember a flashing light and screams, but noting else. I eased myself up so my neck wouldn't pain me and i fixed so my hand could feel comfortable.

"What time is it?" I asked after seeing Ms.Martha at the bottom of my bed.

"Its, 7:30am honey," she answered with a smile.

"It's too early," i slowly placed my head back on the pillow.

"I'm just joking ally," she laughed and i would throw a pillow at her but i wasn't in a good state to do that.

"Then why are you waking me?" I asked.

"Because, you've been sleeping alot, you slept through the whole day, it's 3:54," she spoke and my eyes widen.

"In the after noon?" I asked and she came around the side of the bed to look at me.

"Yes, and you need to eat," she spoke and i closed my eyes. I was actually hungry," lets get you showered first," she spoke and the sheet was pulled off me and i felt a chill ran up my spine.

"Come on," she spoke while struggled to help me up.
....................................................

Soon i had showered and was in a shorts and a t-shirt. She carried me down stairs and put me in the wheelchair and i pushed myself to the kitchen with my one hand. I told her i wanted to help myself even though it was gonna be a struggle.

"Mhmm...pancakes?" I asked looking up at her before entering the kitchen and she smiled.

"I made five...specially for you," she spoke as we entered and i pushed myself over to the table.

"Now you know am not gonna eat five," i smiled and she laughed.

"I made them just incase," she put a plate with two pancakes infront of me then poured the syrup on it and gave me a fork.

"Thank you," i smiled and dug in as she went to get me some tea, i think. The door bell rang. Who could that be.

"I'll get it," she walked off. She said that like i could go get it. It would be next week by the time i reached the door.

I sat there eating and i heard talking coming my way and laughing.

"Look who showed up," i heard Ms.Martha and i turned the wheelchair to see who it was. It was Malcom. She got to know malcom because mom never stop talking about my friends and showing Ms.Martha off guard pictures of them. She was really happy i made friends.

"Hey," he smiled at me and i smiled.

"Hey," i called back to him.

"I'm just gonna leave you too alone," Ms.Martha spoke then walked away.

"You look great," he walked in looking around.

"But you're not looking at me," i smiled and he looked at me.

"Sorry, I'm just amazed by your home, it's so, fancy," he touched the counter then looked at me and i smiled.

"How's the hand?" He asked and i looked down at my caste-up hand.

"It's ok, i don't have much problem with it," i answered and he smiled.

"How's the neck?" He asked.

"It's really painful," i answered.

"So, casie says too," he spoke and looked away from me.

"Did something happen?" I asked.