Chapter Fifty-three

Ally's P.O.V.

We drove up at our house with the police and the rest of the family. Even casie's parents too.

"Ok, boys he's inside, we are gonna check the basement...move in," detective ordered and she along with the police entered with me leading the way.

We walked to the basement door and we entered. I walked down and gasped when the area where we left him was clear. NOTHING.

"He was right here," i spoke looking around and detective sighed and the police shook their heads.

"You told me you tied him, are you playing with me?" She asked seriously.

"No, he was right here, Tyreke was here when we both tied him up," i spoke.

"Ok, boys check the whole house and premises, and don't stop until we find a clue," she spoke to the policemen and they nodded and left.

"I believe you, but there's no proof and i can't have these officers running around like headless chicken," she spoke and patted my shoulder and i looked around.

"I don't know how he escaped, i tied him up and i even taped him up too, it's impossible," i spoke disappointed and embarrassed.

"Look, we'll find him, we just need to get proof, ok, and i know just the plan," she smiled and i nodded then we left the basement.

"Did you guys find him?" Mom asked and detective shook her head in disappointment.

"I'm so sorry ally," kalissa hugged me.

"Detective, we found this in the backyard," a policeman walked out through the front door with a rope.

"That's the rope ally and i used," tryeke spoke and everybody looked at him.

"To tie him up?" Detective asked and she put on a glove and Tyreke and i nodded then she took the rope and looked at it.

"It has blood on it," she spoke while examining the rope.

"Blood?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yes, we need to take this back to the department," she spoke and took the glove off while the policeman took the rope to the car.

"Ok, Mrs. Jackson," she looked at mom. "I believe your daughter but here's what we are gonna do," she walked up to mom and they both walked back to the police car talking.

Moments after mom started making calls while we all stood waiting.

"If this works and this guy is caught what happens to casie?" Casie's mom asked.

"She'll come home," i spoke and she closed her eyes like she was praying.

Then a car drove up. I've seen that lady before. She's Malcom's mom. They stopped and were talking with mom and the detective.

"I'm gonna find out what's going on," aunty Alicia walked off over to mom and the others, then the other adults followed.

"I can't believe maleek would try to kill you," chrissano came to stand beside me and kalissa who was hugging on to me looked at him, then all my other cousins started coming over.

"Tonight was supposed to be the dinner," Karmen spoke and the others looked disappointed.

"Worst Christmas ever," chrissano spoke and everyone agreed.
.............................................................

It soon started getting dark and cold. The time for the dinner had pass and so mom cancelled. She called her friends and the other people who she invited and cancelled.

Around the time of 7:00pm some men arrived with Detective Decker and started putting up some things around the house. I wasn't sure what they were but i know i had to find out.

The rest of the family were just sad and disappointed about the whole Christmas thing, but i felt the worst. I was looking forward to Christmas this year but it hasn't turned out well so far.

I was just pacing back and forth in my room, i couldn't stop thinking about the hell brad, casie and malcom are going through tonight. It's all my fault.

By the time it was 10:00pm the men were finished and they were now leaving. I stood at the top of the stairs and watch mom and Detective Decker converse. They seem to have had a plan and I want in on it.

"Ok, bye," mom spoke as they all left and closed the door. I took that time to go down the stairs.

"What was that about?" I asked and she turned to me.

"She has a plan to catch your brother," she spoke and i tense to the how she referred to him as my...brother.

"He's not my brother, he's your son but he is not my brother," i spoke and she sighed.

"I'm sorry," she spoke then we heard a tumbling coming down the stairs. When we looked up it was Chrissano and Nick running down like they were racing or something.

"Guys no running, you might hurt yourselves!" mom shouted over the tumbling and they laughed.

"Sorry aunt Alain," they both spoke as they continued to the living room then the others started down the stairs.

"Hey, what's going on?" Aunty Alicia spoke while coming down with the others.

"We got the cameras up and the monitors are set up in the study," mom spoke and i remembered that we had a study. Which i never liked going into because it was all dark and scary.

"We put the bulbs in Al," mom must have seen my scared expression and rubbed my shoulders then kissed my forehead.

"So, what's gonna happen next?" Julie asked.

"Yea, he probably knows the cameras are up," micalee spoke and i agreed.

"We thought he might and that's why we hid them," mom spoke and we nodded.

"That's smart, are you sure you thought of it?" Aunty aliesha asked and we laughed and so did mom.

"It's good that we can laugh, you know with all ally's going through," mom spoke and i nodded.

"Thaaa, more we are togetherrr...the happier we shall beee," grandpa sang coming down the hall from the kitchen and we laughed.

"Ok dad, we don't want you hitting any high pitch and hurting your throat now," mom walked over to him and he laughed.

"And I....," we heard a high pitch singing, when we looked who it was, it was only grandma.

"Grandma," Karmen laughed and then all of us.

I watched my family as they laughed and made Christmas feel like it still had hope. We soon all walked to the living room were we saw Nick and Chrissano fighting over the remote. We laughed and shook it off then we all sat and started watching Christmas Vacation.

"You know what this night needs to make it better?" Grandma asked after coming back from the kitchen that she had left to go to a few minutes ago.

"What mom?" Mom asked.

"Some popcorn and cookies," grandma spoke and we all looked around from the tv to her. She was standing with two big containers of popcorn and two big containers of cookies.

"Grandma, that's so thoughtful of you," some of them started talking.

"That's why were a family," grandma spoke sending around the containers.

"Hey what's going on?" My three uncles walked in.

"It's Christmas Movie time with the family," Julie spoke and they smiled and took their seats.

We ate and had a wonderful time.