Chapter 23: Bad News And A Dinner

Cameron's P.O.V.
"Can you please come for dinner tonight babe?" My mom is cooking a big dinner and invited me over. I really wanted Shawn to come.

"Did your mom invite me Cameron?"

"She doesn't have to because I am."

"I don't know. I've never met your mom before."

"She'll love you. I just know it."

"Are you sure Cameron?"

"Yes Shawn. It would make me so happy if you came." I was hugging him now. We were on his terrace looking over the city. "Please babe?"

"Fine. I'll come."

"Yay! Thank you Shawn." I gave him a kiss on the cheek. "I'll be back in a few hours I'm gonna go get ready, and pack up a few things to bring over here."

"I can't wait for you to move in."

"In excited too Shawn." He was smiling.

"Love you. I'll see you later."

"Love you too Shawn. See you in a few hours." I gave him a kiss and left his apartment.

Shawn's P.O.V.
Cameron just left a few minutes ago. I wish I had something to do today. I've been so busy the past few months that when I finally get a break I have no idea how to chill and relax. I hear my phone ringing. I go inside to find it. Across the top it read "Dad."

"Dad, hello?"

"Is it true Shawn." What was he talking about?

"What are you talking about Dad?"

"Shawn are you gay?" Shit. I never actually called my parents and told them. Cameron tweeted it for like 2 minutes that one night but he deleted. I figured no one saw it. I should of called my parents and told them. Shit shit shit. "Hello, Shawn?"

"Dad yes. I am." There's silence on the other end.

"Hello Shawn?" It was my mom.

"Hi mom."

"Are you really gay sweety?"

"Yes mom. I am. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier."

"Shawn I love you but I don't think your dad is going to accept you. It would probably be smart not to call for a few days. I'll call you when I wanna talk." I felt hurt.

"Ok mom, I love you." She hung up. Are my parents really not going to accept me? Also had Cameron came out to all of our friends? Why have I not been thinking about this lately. I feel like I've been so distracted. I'll ask Cam when he gets here.

*****

"Cam I need to talk to you." He sits down at the bar.

"Let's make it quick babe, my mom's expecting us in 30 minutes."

"Ok. So I was just thinking about us. And I was wondering if you've come out to all of our friends?" He thought for a moment.

"I actually haven't told them that I'm gay."

"You are going to right Cam?" My heart skipped as I waited for his answer.