Chapter 26: Sacrifice for Love

Cameron's P.O.V:
I casually walk to the kitchen. "I'm making food Shawn. You want anything." I couldn't let the intruder know that I knew he was here. I grabbed a large knife out of the drawer. I turned around. I saw a shadow move fast into Shawn's bedroom. What should I do? Should I run and go get the police? Should I follow the intruder? What if he has Shawn. I creep through the dark apartment, until I get to the doorway to the bedroom. I peak in and see one of Shawn's closet doors open. It's the one where his surveillance system rested. I creep into the bedroom and lean my back against the wall. I stick my head in and see a man. He's going through the footage. He's probably trying to destroy it showing him breaking in. I run in and tackle the man to the ground. He had a black mask on. "Stop resisting!" I yell. I was trying to pin him to the ground. He pushed me off. I stood back up with my knife in hand. My heart was racing. I needed my Shawn. "Where's Shawn." The man started laughing. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I yell. "You can have anything in this apartment. Just give me my Shawn." The intruder raises a gun from the their right pocket. Holy shit this is scary. I need to save my Shawn. "Look man, no one needs to die. You can go. I just want me Shawn." I hear someone banging on the wall and grunts coming from the bathroom. The intruder looks that way and I take my chance. I dive into him, tackling him to the ground. The gun dropped from his hand. I kick it away. I start punching the guys face. He's trying so hard to fight back. He finally over powers me, throwing me into the wall. My back! Shit that hurt. I look back at the intruder. He had picked up he gun again. He was pointing it at me. He squatted down so we were at eye level. I pulled on the mask sliding it off his face. The face under the mask made my heart beat faster. I couldn't believe it. "Josh?" I mutter out.

"Sorry it had to be this way Cameron. I never intended for any of this to happen."

"Why are you doing this Josh. Seriously no one need to get hurt."

"You stole my Shawn away from from me. And now I'm going to get rid of you." This Josh was seriously fucked up in the head.

"Where's Shawn. Is he safe?"

"I tied him up. I laid him in the bathtub. It sounds like he's awake again." I could hear banging on the wall and grunting sounds again. I felt a tear stream down my face. I was not going to let this man hurt my Shawn. He turned around again to look towards the bathroom. I grab his wrist with my left hand and push the gun with my other hand. It falls out of his hands. I kick it away and start punching Josh again. "What the fuck." he yells. "Why would you do that!" He stars hitting me back. I fall to the ground again. I see the gun, it's under Shawn's bed. "Where the hell did that fucking gun go?!" Josh pushes over the dresser. I crawl to the bed. "Where the hell did it go you piece of shit." Josh turns around to face me. I'm laying on he ground with he gun in my hands. It's loaded and the safety is off. I stand up. Josh puts his hands up. "Look Cameron let's talk about this."

"Don't move Josh!" I yell.

"You don't have the guts to shoot me." he moves to pull something from his pocket. I hear the gun go off. I see Josh fall. "You actually shot me." I run to the bathroom. I set the gun down and start to untie Shawn. His ankles and his wrist are tied together. His mouth is duct taped shut. His face is full of tears and is very red. I pull off the duct tape.

"Shawn baby, are you ok." He's crying more now.

"Cameron. I love you." he says. I finally get the nots loose. Shawn wraps his arms around my shoulder. He kisses me. I feel the fear on his face.

"It's all gonna be ok Shawn." I pull out my phone.

"911 what is your emergency."

"There had been a break in. The intruder has been shot and needs a medic. Please hurry."

"Ok sir I'm sending help to your location immediately. They're 10 minutes away." I hang up the phone.

"This is the second time I've had to call 911 in the bathroom." I say laughing to Shawn. He stand sho out of the tub. We turn around to go see Josh. He's standing in the bathroom doorway now, gun in hand. I remember setting in the sink.

"I didn't wanna have to do this Cameron. You e forced me to do this. Shawn and I belong together."

"No we don't Josh. I've never loved you. You're crazy. What kind of sane person does this. You tried to kill Cameron and you nearly kidnapped me." Josh raised the gun pointing it at Shawn.

"I really loved you Shawn." It's so strange because it's as if the whole world slowed down. I saw the gun flash as the bullet began to leave the chamber. Slowing going towards Shawn. I slide over, feeling a pain in my upper left chest. I run at Josh, knocking him to the ground. I hit the ground and everything starts to look fuzzy. I see Shawn grab the gun and start firing at Josh. One bullet. Two bullet. Three bullet. Four bullets. The gun is empty. Shawn squats down beside me.

"Cameron it's gonna be ok."

"Shawn.. I" I try to talk. Pain fills my body. I look down and see blood pouring from my chest. Shawn's hands are trying to cover up the wound.

"Don't talk Cameron. Shhh." He's crying. I look over and see Josh's body. It's not moving, and blood is pouring out all over the bathroom floor.

"I love you Shawn." I manage out. All I hear is my heartbeat. Then that sound goes away and everything goes black. The last thing I saw was Shawn's beautiful face.