I Need You The Most

Fifteen Minutes Later. . .

Adrian's POV:

I must have fallen asleep since I woke up from the couch and checked my phone. Fifteen minutes had passed. I needed to go check on Adam. I stood up from the couch and went upstairs. I opened the bedroom door and entered. Weird. Adam wasn't in the room. 

"Adam?" I called. No answer. I found his clothes he had earlier on the floor. Maybe he was taking a shower? No way. The water wasn't running. I went to the bathroom, but the door was locked. "Addy are you there?" I heard a sniff. Shit, he was crying again. "Addy?"

"No Adrian, don't enter." Said his voice. "You're gonna hate me when you see me."

"What do you mean hate you?" I asked. "I could never hate you."

"I promise you will." He said.

"Adam open the door." I said. Nothing. After a minute I heard the door unlock. I entered and saw Adam with his messy hair looking down. What surprised me was the blood on his chest, legs, arms, . . .all over his body were fresh bleeding scars. "Oh my God, Adam what's all this?"

"I-I'm sorry." He said. "I think I better le--" He stood up, but I grabbed his wrists (which were covered in blood). Adam looked at me, pain in his eyes. 

"You're not leaving." I said and stroked his cheek. "Come 'ere."

"Y-You're going to punish me?" He asked. "Because that's what I deserve."

"No, no Addy." I said and kissed his forehead. "I'm not punishing you. I'm going to make you lie down in the bed, and I'll take care of your cuts. Okay?"

"Okay." He mumbled. I picked him bridal style and he wrapped his arms around my neck. He closed his eyes and shivered a little. I lay him in the bed and stroked his hair. "You will be back, right?"

"Always." I replied and he smiled a very small smile.

"Sorry." He mumbled. I raised his head and stroked his cheek. "I don't know why you want to deal with someone like me." 

"Because I care for you." I said. He leaned on my chest and I rubbed his back. "I love you." Fuck. I didn't say that loud enough for him to hear. . .right? I lay him back gently and he closed his eyes. Phew! He didn't hear. "Take rest while I clean your cuts."

"Mhm. . ." He hummed and started taking steady breaths. I chuckled and went to the kitchen to fill a small blue bowl half filled with medical alcohol and a bottle with hydrogen peroxide. I brought them to the bedroom and put them on the nightstand. Adam was so hurt, even after he did those cuts. Will he ever heal? I went to the bathroom where I got greeted by blood on the floor. Adam's blood. I grabbed some cotton balls and came back to the room. I soaked one of the cotton balls into the alcohol and then gently pressed it against a cut that was on Adam's chest. 

"OW!" He screamed and before I knew it he pushed me off the bed. Ow! Landing on my fucking ass!!! I looked at him and his eyes widen. Adam started to breathe rapidly and he pull the covers up to cover the rest of his body.

"Sorry Adrian." I said. "I really am." He started to panic. I stood up and took his hands.

"Don't worry." I said. "You're not in trouble, okay?"

"But I am." He said. 

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Wh-When I did something that bothered Drake, he would make me take my clothing off and then he would hit me with his belt. . .or even rape me!" My eyes widen.

"Is that why you had your legs red when I found you?" I asked and he nodded. "Oh Addy." I sat in the edge of the bed and pulled him to my lap. He immediately wrapped his arms around my waist. 

"I made a lot of mistakes." He whispered. "I don't want to make another one and get killed for it. Drake wanted to kill me once and--" He smacked his hands to his mouth and I looked at him. 

"Kill you?" I asked. "Drake wanted to kill you?" He looked down as he cried.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. I didn't felt ready and--"

"No, no don't worry." I said and he looked up at me. "You're perfect how you are."

"I am?" He asked and I nodded.

"Lay down so I can cure your cuts." I said and he smiled. He lay down and I stroked his hair. With that I started to clean his cuts. 

~~~~

After I finished, Adam had fallen asleep. I smiled. Adam still didn't felt comfortable with sleeping with someone in the same bed, especially since he slept naked. I had the guestroom since I let him keep the bedroom. 

"Goodnight Addy." I whispered and kissed his forehead. With that, I went to the guestroom and lay in bed. I sighed. Adam wasn't comfortable with himself. What will it take to make him realize that he's perfect just the way he is?