I Know It Gets Hard Sometimes

Police Station. . .

Adam's POV:

Once we made it to the station, Mom, Dad and Neil got off the car first. Adrian got off the car and he helped me get off. He wrapped an arm around my waist and I felt a kick on my stomach. I gasped.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said. "Just a kick." He smiled.

"Can't wait to meet her!" He said. I laughed at his excitement. I faced him and he hugged me as I hugged him back. He all of a sudden twirled me, making me laugh. Adrian put me down and I kissed his lips passionately. Now that I feel his lips, I feel safe if Drake wants to see me. We pulled back.

"I love you." I said.

"Even more honey." He said as he wrapped his arm around me. I smiled as we walked inside the station. Once inside, we saw the police chief talking with a police officer. He saw us and the officer left, leaving my family, Adrian and me alone with the chief.

"Good morning." Said the chief. "How can I help?"

"Police officers told us a prisoner wanted to talk with our son, Adam." Said Dad as he lay a hand on my shoulder. The chief looked at me and then at my parents.

"Who's the prisoner?" He asked.

"Dr-Drake LaBry." I stuttered as Adrian stayed behind me and rested his hands on my shoulders. I immediately felt safe as he rubbed my arms.

"Ah, yes." Said the chief. "You're the Lamberts."

"Yes sir." Said Neil.

"Follow me." Said the chief as we walked up the stairs and into a hallway. The hallway had two doors locked. "Who's going in with the boy?"

"Maybe you should go in." Neil told Adrian. Adri looked at me.

"Want me to go with you?" He asked as he interlocked our hands.

"Please?" I asked and he kiss my forehead.

"Sure." He said and I looked at the chief.

"You two?" He asked and I nodded. The chief opened the doors and I saw people in cells approaching the bars. Some of them whistled and reached their hands out for me and Adrian. Someone grabbed my arm, making me get scared.

"G-Get away!" I said as I started to panic.

"He said to back off." Said Adrian as he pulled me to his chest. I cuddled to his chest and the guy gave my Adri an annoyed look. Adrian gave him a threatening look and we walked forward. The chief stopped in front of a cell and hit it with a stick.

"He's here!" Yelled the chief. I gulped as I started to get scared.

"Don't be afraid baby." Said Adrian as I faced him. "You'll be alright, okay?"

"Yeah." I said as I rubbed my baby bump. Adrian lay his hand on my stomach. He rubbed it and sank on one knee. He kissed my bump and I smiled. He stood up and smiled at me. The chief open the cell door and told me to enter, but Adrian couldn't go inside. The chief left and I slowly walked inside the cell. I gulped. The door slowly closed behind me and I took a deep breath. "Drake?" Silence.

"Hello Adam." Said Drake's voice. I gulped. "Missed me?"

"N-No." I stuttered.

"Why?" He asked. "Someone new?"

"Yes." I said. "I have someone new. That someone new respects my decisions, doesn't abuse me and. . .he makea me feel special."

"Who's the new someone?"

"His name's Adrian."

"You like him?"

"No. I love him."

"Really?"

"Yes. We actually made out for the first time after I left you."

"You liked it?"

"I enjoyed it, thank you very much."

"You guys a family yet?"

"We will be."

"Why?"

"Because I'm expecting a little girl." Suddenly he stood up and pressed me to the wall, his arm on my throat.I started to shake as his fist connected with my stomach. I kicked him in the chest and clutched my stomach.

"Adam!" Yelled Adrian as Drake tried to molest me.

"No! Please back away from me!" I screamed as his hands touched my body. I looked over at Adrian who was trying to open the cell door. He groaned in frustration.

"THAT'S IT!" Yelled Adrian as he kicked it. Obviously kicking the metal door won't help. Adrian started doing something and the door opened. Drake pushed me to the wall and hit Adrian. Adrian grabbed Drake's arms and hit him with his knee in the stomach. "Adam get out!"

"Adrian, but you--" I started and he gave me a glare.

"Just go, god dammit!" He yelled, making me flinch. Adrian pushed Drake and ran out of the cell, pulling me behind him. Once out, Adrian shut the cell door, but he pressed himself to it so Drake wouldn't get out. The chief came and locked it. I put my hands on Adrian's cheeks and saw his lip bleeding.

"You're bleeding." I said as he put his hands on my wrists.

"I'll be fine." He said. "Are you okay?"

"Mhm." I hummed as I rubbed my stomach. "I don't know about our daughter." Adrian looked down at my stomach.

"We have EMT people here." Said the chief. "Your boyfriend can go check himself there."

"Good." Said Adrian and kissed my forehead. "Come on honey."

"Okay." I said as Adrian wrapped his arm around me and I rested a hand on my bump. I hoped she was okay.