Chapter - 17 -

We ran around the corner of that long street and stopped, catching our breaths. We looked at each other, still gasping for air and out of nowhere we started to laugh our asses off. It made breathing even harder, killed my stomach and my cheeks hurt. I grabbed my sides an laughed with tears collecting in my eyes.

"Oh my god" I gasped laughing.

"Christ!!!" Danny did too.

We stood like that for 10more seconds and started to run again.

We ran until we reached the liquor store, grabbed few whiskey bottles, paid for them and ran again until we reached our home. We got in, locked the door and collapsed on the couch. When our breathing got normal, Danny took his bag upstairs and I put our whiskey to the fridge.

He eventually came back, with a fresh t-shirt on. It had cut out sleeves. It was the first time I saw him wearing something like that. He looked amazing, if I'm allowed to say that.

"Do you want me to call guys we're not coming?" I asked.

"No, let's go!" He said, cheerfully. "Just let me change again, I forgot about the practice!"

"Alright. Well I can give that wide sport wristband frotte thing, however you call it. It'll cover your scars up since you always cut the same places and it's not very wide..." I said trying to help.

"Can you? It would be amazing to wear something decent from time to time."

I brought it to him from the bathroom and slid it on his scarred wrist.

"I can't understand, how can you tolerate this and stay so calm and help me." He said looking at the towel-structured material now wrapping around his hand.

"It makes me feel sad quite a lot, I can't get it why would you hurt yourself like that, but I'm trying not to think about it. I want to be supportive. I'm just waiting for that one day you can promise me you won't ever do this again. Or at least try cause I know it's for sure one of that 'easier said than done' things." I shrugged my shoulders.

I looked up in his eyes and drowned in them for a minute.

"I promise."

"Wha?" I asked, brought back from my cloud.

"I promise you Ben that I'll stop. It might be hard now on the beginning but I'll try and one day I won't even think about this when I'm down. One day it'll happen." He said with determination on his face.

I hugged him tightly and smelled him as i hide my face in the crook of his smooth neck. He smelled nice...

"You're amazing, Danny. How could people hate you? You're the sunshine surrounded by the storm clouds." I kissed his forehead and squeezed his warm hand.

We grabbed two bottles of whiskey, leather jackets cause it was late and headed to James' again for our practice. Annnnd Danny's no more on any kind of medicines so tonight we're all drinking!

We ran up to James's house when we saw everyone get in his car.

"Ough we won't fit in there!" Cameron whined.

"Joel can sit on your lap and Ben can sit on mine, it's a few minutes drive guys."Danny said and we all followed his instructions.

We all plugged in ready to play. We played some of the covers we had, then practiced our three songs over and over and over again aiming for perfection.

We also did our first try of 'not the american average' and it went really well. We even started a new song, we figured the beat and our main riff. We worked hard like that for around 4hours until we ordered some pizza and decided it's time to get drunk! The main practice was behind us so we ate and got back to playing, drinking this time. Soon we got too tired for playing and wanted to play some stupid games. We did our own version of beer pong' but with whiskey and on the coffee table.

I sat next to Danny and wanted him close to me all the time. His thigh touched mine all the time and I felt more confident, like he was encouraging me all the time just by his presence.

My vision got really blurry and messed up. I remember cuddling with Danny sweetly. James brought us drugs. I'm not even sure what that stuff was. I think it was cocaine but I couldn't figure what kind of pills we all swallowed. That might be ecstasy... But whatever, he brought us some expensive shit!

We continued on cuddling with Danny and we sneaked a little kiss here and there.

>>>> several hours later <<<<<

I open my eyes an wince at the sun hitting my face through the window.i rubbed my face and noticed I'm shirtless. I'm cold, where the fuck did I put it? I look around and notice Danny wasn't here too.

I get up and search for both. I found my shirt and put it on. Didn't find him so I got back. Joel was gone, too.

I wake up James and ask him. He had to think a lot first but then his face turned into the expression of frustration and regret.

"Danny's at my house, I told him to go there. You can go check on him."

"Oh, thank you? Why is he in there, why didn't he wake me up??"

"Um... Well I think Dan will tell you everything. I'm sorry for what happened. See you." He said and laid his head back down.

I immediately headed to James's house. I knocked and walked in to soon find Danny sleeping on the sofa.

I sat on the edge of the bed and woke him up gently. He turned his sleepy face to me and I kissed him, caressing his neck with my hand.

But he pulled away and had the James's face on.

"What?" I questioned. "What happened that you left?"

He sighed and looked at me.

"We cuddled and all and apparently forgot about the others. Then Joel walked in on us. I mean we were just kissing... But he was 'offended' as fuck. He left, Danny. Our bassist is gone.