Chapter - 26 -

Sleeping on the couch in sitting position was the worst decision ever. I stuttered and let my eyelids go up a little. What was I thinking when I fell asleep like that?!

I can't fucking move, what is that about?

I didn't hurry to find out. I let myself wake up more. When I felt more aware of my body I noticed arms around me. I opened my eyes wider to see things, not just a light and coffee table. Danny was hugging me and he was definitely still deeply asleep. I sighed and winced, trying to remember. That shit is too hard to do so I'll just figure something out to get out of his arms without waking him up. I really wanted to stay and enjoy his hug... We don't do it much often now and I crave his touch and smell so much... How did it happen we fell asleep like that anyways? Nevermind , I need an aspirin right now more than arms that will never love me back. I sneaked out o his arms, took a bottle with some whiskey left in it and got myself an aspirin. Well, three of them. I swallowed them and stumbled back. I sat down and rested my head on the back of the couch.

"You up?" I heard the sweetest morning voice ever. I couldn't stop a little smile.

"Yea." I mumbled.

"Fucking hangover..." He whined with a hoarse.

"Me too. I feel like swallowing a full truck of aspirins." He sat up just to rest his head on my shoulder and I could smell him again.

"I like the way you smell." He said out of nowhere like he could read my thoughts. "It's always cigarettes, maybe whiskey, that shower gel you use and your own specific smell. It reminds me I'm not alone and I'm not insane."

"Insane?" I asked, still smiling at his words.

"Uh yeah I feel like it pretty often."

"It's because you drink too much!" I joked.

"We drink together you wanker." He giggled. "Maybe we're both nuts and don't know it yet!"

"Maybe." I laughed.

"Why didn't you stop me from drinking that much, Ben?"

"I did!"

"I don't remember." He chuckled.

"That's one of the last think I remember. And that stupid-ass movie!"

"It was dumb as fuck. I remember that part, unfortunately." He giggled again.

"I like it here. I think I could stay here for a bit longer." I said, changing the topic.

"Me too. But our tour's in three days." He sighed. Then he got up and disappeared for a while. He came back with my guitar and handed it to me. He sat back down and gave me puppy eyes.

"What's that?" I laughed.

"Play something. I feel like writing." He said.

"I don't really..." I said. So he took the guitar from me and I watched him figuring out a riff.

"That sounds nice." I smiled and watched his fingers move.

"I've been thinking about this for quite some time now."

"For the new album?"

"Yup. I'll tell you when the acoustic version in done and we can work the album version out together then."

"Yeah, sure. Do you have any ideas for the whole album?"

"Not really... I just have bunch of lyrics about drinking, drugs and girls... I think it sucks." He winced.

"Can I read some?" I asked.

He nodded a 'yes' but he wasn't really happy with this. But he got his notes out of the bag and gave them to me, taking one away. I guess it's not finished.