Chapter Three

Kai woke up with a massive headache. He smelled food at his bedside table, where Selene put a waffle with syrup. Where was she anyway? She should be right there, like he dimly remembered last night. His question was soon answered when she came back with headache pills. "Good morning sleepy head." She was going to make a comment about his drinking, when she decided not to. They would be heading to the Commonwealth today, and he needed to have a good mindset. He would be meeting cabinet members about finding him a good suitor. Ha! He already had one. But, he would have to play along with the whole thing that he was single, and she was just Lunar ambassador there to do business , until Selene was ready to tell the world at the Annual Peace Ball, that shell was the future Empress of the Commonwealth. Selene was not as exited as he was, that she was going to be Empress. She wanted to be and all, but the thought of ruling those that ruled her, like Adri, was scary. She would have to face all of those who hated her for being a cyborg. She then turned her thoughts to all of the people who supported her during the revolution. People like her friends, who saw who she really was inside, despite her appearance. People like Kai, who understood, and willing to make a change. She saw the people of Earth turn a new light towards cyborgs and Lunars, much to her liking. She still considered the Lunar people as her people, even if she had abdicated over a month ago. And now, she even considered cyborgs to somehow be her people. She had a deep understanding of how many of them felt. Many of them, like Leila, a cyborg whom Selene befriended at the Annual Peace Ball last year, had supported her when she abdicated the throne, and announced her return to Earth as a Lunar ambassador. Leila had asked Selene why she wasn't wearing a glove or something over hand. Selene told her "The last time I did that, I got into a lot of trouble," and the two had a good laugh over the incident at the last ball. Now, in two weeks there would be another one, and this one, Selene would make sure she would not mess up like the last time. Or maybe she could say no, and then say yes. Or she could make the proposal all romantic and scream the words "YES YES YES!!!!! OF COURSE YOU IDIOT!!!! WHY WOULD I SAY NO?!?!?!" She smiled at the thought of calling Kai an idiot. which, he was acting like right now, stuffing all of the waffles into his face, unlike any emperor she knew. When he was done, he looked at her with the cheesiest of little boy smiles. He soon brushed himself off, and led Selene into the farmhouse. When they got to the farmhouse, they were met with a frenzy of reporters and Konn Torin. Konn Torin greeted them, and led them straight to the awaiting hover Selene looked back to see her panicked friends as they were whisked away. Guess they weren't seeing their friends until they had the party. 

                                                                             Time Skip Two Weeks

Kai waited nervously for their friends to arrive. He twirled the new engagement ring he got Selene nervously in his hands. The couple (mainly Kai) decided to get another engagement to use, instead of his mother's. It was a simple gold band, with a nice rock on it. Selene had no idea what he was doing. He wanted to make Selene think of how much he loved her every time she looked at the ring. This one  had Empress Selene I love you to the moon and back - Kai, on it. It also came with a wedding ring, that had the words Empress Selene, August 16th, 127 T.E , on it. Kai's also had words engraved in it. Selene told him about when Selene and  Levana were playing cat and mouse in the throne room, and Levana told Selene, "Love is conquest, love is war." Kai had those words engraved in it, and it looked like this. Love is conquest, love is war...... Except for this one,  Kai put the small engagement ring back in the box while he heard Wolf's heavy footprints echo in the halls. He carried a large gift bag, for the two of them. Kai didn't realize until now, that Selene probably told them that this was the day Kai and Selene had met at the market two years ago. More of a reason today was perfect. Kai greeted the guests, and put on a some newsfeeds for them to watch until the others came. They were expecting the whole Rampion crew to come. Only people who they were not sure about were Wolf and Scarlet, but they came, so, everyone should show up, and they did. Soon, Cress and Thorne came, as well as Winter and Jacin. Now, only one they were waiting on was Selene. And, in all of her cyborg glory and lateness, did she appear. She came and hugged everyone, giving Iko an especially big one. When she came to Kai, she looked at him, and gave him a quick peck on the lips before disappearing into the kitchen to grab a hors d'oeuvers from the counter. Kai swatted her hand away. She gave him a mischievous look, and pulled him into a kiss. As soon as he fell for it, she grabbed a hors d'oeuvers from the plate, and popped it into her mouth. She smiled as she sashayed out of the kitchen, and Kai followed, soon catching her, and pulled her into yet another kiss in front of their friends. Thorne whistled, and someone, probably Cress, slapped him. But, Selene didn't care, because it was just her and Kai, in this world of surprises. Finally, when the two came two came back to reality, everyone was watching the latest speech Kai had given. It was for a press conference, telling people about his search for a suitor. Selene and Kai smiled, knowing a secret that no one else knew. As the Kai giving the speech droned on, the one in the small sitting room got down on one knee. At his action, everyone turned to look at a beaming Selene. Kai pulled out an ornate box that held the ring. Everyone gasped when he opened it, and the small ring was exposed. Selene looked at him with wide eyes as he said "Selene, all my life I was told how I would find someone, who would love me, and bear me a child. Well, I say it is time, to make that a reality. So, Selene, will you marry me?" All of the girls gasped at once, as Selene stuttered a happy "Yes," and she accepted the ring. Kai slid it on her finger, and kissed her with all of the love he felt for her. Konn Torin, and many others, came in to congratulate the pair. Now, they had their friends to celebrate this new chapter.