Chapter Fifty

Quick A\N : I regretfully tell you, I Love you to the Moon and Back is at an end. The last chapter is this one for I am only going to fifty chapters. I am really sorry, but as I said earlier, in the authors note, all good things must come to an end. 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

But, with that, comes good news. My new story, "The Princess and the Pilot," will be coming out tomorrow or the day after. It will be the sequel to "I Love you to the Moon and Back." But, instead of focusing on Kai and Selene, the focus will be on, da da da daaaaa. CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!

Now on that note, the beginning of the end.

Kai stared at Selene as she delivered her speech. It was, November 10th, Rampion Day. The Union came together to celebrate the final obliteration of Levana's tyranny against Earth. Everyone from all nations came to celebrate with fireworks and a ball, held in honour of the ten who risked their lives for the continuation of world peace.

Every one of the world leaders attend, even though the ball was held on Luna. The ball was held on Luna because that is where the revolution was won, when Selene killed Levana. Festivities begin at the hour Selene killed Levana. Before that happens, someone from the Rampion Crew gives a speech. This year, Selene was delivering it.

Then, the speech ends when the clock strikes noon, because that was the time Levana was shot and killed. When the speech ends with the crew war cry (the sound of the Rampion engine) blaring throughout the sectors like a tornado siren, everyone goes to the balcony, where something from Levana's tyranny is dropped. This year, it would be Kai and Levana's wedding bands. Kai specifically requested that he do this with Selene, so that he got to say goodbye to that marriage once and for all.

As the two black bands were dropped into the abyss below, and a cheer erupted throughout the ballroom to start the ball, Jasmine felt arms snake around her waist. She looked up at Leo, who was smiling like her. "They make quite a couple, don't they Leo?" Jasmine asked, referring to her parents, who were laughing with some people from the outer sectors.

"Yes, yes they do," Leo said, leading her to the dance floor. Jasmine's blue and silver tiara twinkled as Leo twirled her around a couple of times. She laughed as he went to the ground, being his clumsy self, and popped right back up. They then continued dancing, until someone announced that Emperor Kaito, and the former Queen of Luna, Empress Selene Channery Jannali Blackburn Darnell Lihn Kaito were going to dance.

Kai and Selene danced, their favorite song being played in the background. Many people sighed adoringly, when Kai and Selene kissed. It was just enough to get people to admire this couple even more. You never would have seen Jannali and Marrok do that at a ball. Actually, not ever.

When the dance ended, the rest of the Rampion couples were called to dance. Jasmine spotted her five year old sister spying on Luc, Scarlet and Wolf's son. The little red haired boy was dancing, his tiny tie flopping with his movements. She would have scolded her sister, if she wasn't doing the same to Leo.

Because she was watching the twelve year old boy with such intense curiosity, she didn't notice her father watching her. He noticed that his daughter had her eyes on Leo Thorne for quite awhile. The Thornes often come to the palace, and Leo and Jasmine would go up to her room to play some type of game.

They then would play knights and dragons, and Jasmine would end up saving the pilot's ship from the dragon sitting on the mountain. They would then eat dinner, only to annoy the adults who were discussing important business. They would go upstairs to play with Jasmine's castle until Leo had to go home.

While this friendly relationship was nice, Kai suspected it would turn into more than that. He knew that one day, just like with him and Selene, Leo would wake up and realize that Jasmine was the perfect one for him, and he didn't want to let that go.

To bad for Kai, however, for Leo already felt that way. As he watched Jasmine gracefully charm everyone with her intelligence and beauty, he noticed a warm feeling. It traveled throughout him at an unending feeling of nausea. Then, it got better, and the feeling was overwhelmed by another flutter. This one, was one that would forever remain; for it was the the feeling of love.

Across the room, Jasmine noticed the same flutter in her stomach. This one, she did not identify as love. Instead, she identified it as some weird Lunar dish she never tried before. Though it never ceased, she didn't think of it as anything more than anxiety for the future.

Though unbeknownst to both of them, they felt the same way for each other, as their parents did. As time went on, throughout the night, they danced and they talked, laughed and told jokes, all the while, the feelings in their stomachs never ceased. Leo, being to scared to tell Jasmine how he felt, and Jasmine categorizing the feeling as hors d' oeuvres that didn't sit well.

Then, the clock struck midnight, and Jasmine was forced to say goodnight to Leo. When they looked lovingly into each other's eyes, and with the full earth in the background, and the soft music in the background, they shared their first kiss. Both of them pulled away, surprised and scurrying to go by their parents.

With this action, and the just right setting, Leo, Jasmine, Kai and Selene, all at once, understood the term, I Love you to the Moon and Back.