Chapter Twenty Two

Kai stared as Selene stormed out of the room. The shattered port was now beyond repair, not that he would ever get Selene to repair it. He was shattered, just like the port. And no one would ever be there, to repair his broken heart.

He didn't even know what was going on. One minute him and Selene are good as gold. The next minute, she's walking out, because he was to stupid to know what to say. He racked his brain for minutes, trying to find out when or where that picture was taken.

After minutes of sitting of around and looking for something to say to her, he discovered she left for Winter's house with the girls from the guys. He also found out where Selene got her temper from. As soon as Kai left the protection of his room, he was faced with a little problem called Levi Darnell. (Good luck Kai)

"Hello sir," Kai said, already knowing what her father was going to say. Her father started screaming every profanity under the sun. Kai just grimaced, and listened silently, a part of him knowing her deserved the punishment, and part of him wondering why he was even here. Then it hit him. It could have been a Lunar.

-----------------------------------------------------

Selene's POV

Kai, how could he. He abandoned me and he killed me. All of those nights laying in bed, pretending to sleep, so I could hear him talk to me, were just a charade so he could kill me in the end. For some reason, I thought maybe I was worth half of what he gave me. Turns out I'm wrong. Once wrong, always wrong I guess. Now I'll just sit in a corner and waste my life away in some corner......

"Selene, Selene," Winter called Selene out of her daydream, bringing a food tray in her room. "Come on Selene, you've been cooped up in here for days. We're happy to have you, for as long as you need. But I'm pretty sure I know Kai, and he wouldn't do that. Now come on."

"No," Selene mumbled into her pillow. She had a massive headache from the need to cry, and she didn't want to meet the people, or Kai, to see her like this she thought to herself. The media got ahold of the situation, and it went viral. Now, the public was inserting their opions, and doing nothing but talk about how much Emperor messed up. Kai deserved it though. She could care less about what the public said to him. He might finally get some sense into his head.

-----------------------------------------------------
Kai's POV time skip one week

Kai hit his head with his fist. He cancelled all of his meetings for the next week, in hopes that Selene would return. No such luck. She hasn't returned comms, or anything of the sort. Only thing he has heard of Selene, was the occasional thing from Jacin, because Selene was staying with him and Winter.

Konn Torin came up, and put a reassuring arm around Kai. He was the only one in the entire kingdom who believed Kai when he said he didn't cheat, which was a good thing. Everyone else was against him, saying how much he didn't belong in another relationship. People did videos, of a Rampion ship blowing up. Now, that was more offense to Thorne than anyone, but hey, its fair game.

Kai got up, and got a beer from the mini fridge in their room. He chugged it down like it was nothing. He was using the beer to wash away his problems, which, wasn't a good sign.

After about two beers, his mind was already fuzzy. He didn't normally have beer, but today was a special occasion. An occasion where all of his problems could only be solved by beer.

Later on, Thorne came by, to tell him the guys were coming over, to help get him out of this relationship distress. Like Konn Torin, they believed he was innocent. And they were coming over to help figure out who loudspeaker lady was, and who Kai actually kissed. Well, let's just say, when Thorne found out Kai was drinking, he knew he had to do something. Unimaginably, Thorne saw how much all of the guys cared for their girls, especially Kai and Selene. Because he saw this relationship at it's finest, he also saw it at it's worst. And the worst was ugly. So, he decided once and for all, he was going to tell Kai how it was. "Kai, listen. I know what it's like to cheat on your girl. But, I also know you can fix it. Not in all of the years have of being a retired revolutionary, have I told someone that I cheated on Cress. But, I did, right in front of her, and I hate myself for it. But, we made it. We're gonna be parents, and we are gonna be a family. You can be the same, and I believe in you," Thorne said, putting a hand on Kai's shoulder. At that instant, Kai knew what he needed to do. He needed to talk to Selene, and make things right. So, he put the grey sweatshirt on, that still smelled like Selene from that night under the stars, and went out. He just hoped to the stars above, that she would take him back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Selene's POV, same time as Kai's POV above.

Selene was feeling much better as the week went on. First, only the grief crowded her mind. Then, she started to see things clearer. Maybe it wasn't Kai, and he had the wrong port. It was reasonable. There were a lot of Kai look a likes roaming around town. And, plus, is he really capable of breaking Selene's heart like that. He felt hurt if he forgot to rub her back that night, much less cheating on her. She decided she would go talk to him. She put on a black cloak, and headed out the door, to hopefully make amends.