Chapter Thirty Seven

Kai helped Selene into the Rampion, as the crew filed in after them. Kai was in a nervous wreck, as Konn Torin was also. Thorne, though, was keeping his cool. Which, was good, because he was the one flying the ship.

Kai helped Selene into the room, where she would wait until they got to the Commonwealth. Konn Torin already commed the doctor, who would be coming on a podship in a couple of minutes. Or, at least Kai hoped he'd be there in a couple of minutes.

Kai paced back and forth, and back and forth, and back and forth. He then pursued to run his hand through his hair. What if the baby comes before we get to the Commonwealth, or before the doctor gets here? Oh, what if they don't make it? What i- Kai thought, before Konn Torin came and put an arm around Kai. "Why don't you stop pacing, so you don't wear a hole on the floor," Konn Torin said. Kai agreed, and sat down. He then jumped his leg up and down like Wolf would in the situation. Konn Torin laughed, and shook his head.

Kai smiled, as the crew was notified that the doctor arrived in a podship. When Thorne let him in, Kai came up, and led him to Selene. Then when he came back from the room, a concerned look crossed his face. "Do you plan to land, while she's in labor?" The doc asked, as Kai nodded. "You mustn't. You are endangering your wife, and your baby," the doctor said, pushing his glasses further up on the bridge of his nose. Kai nodded, then asked a question.

"What do we do, if we can't land?" Kai asked.

"Well, the baby will have to be born here, on the Rampion," the doc said.

"What?" nearly everyone in the room asked in surprise.

"Yes," the doctor said. "It is for Selene's safety that her baby is born on this ship, in case of problems during birth. Someone, please tell the captain to go into orbit," the doctor said. Cress obeyed, and a minute later, came with Thorne at her heels.

After a while of conversing with the doctor and the crew, Kai heard an unmistakable cry and curse from the room Selene was in. Kai, Konn Torin, and the doctor filed into the room.

After a long while of listening to the steady flow of curses, cries, and soothings from the room, Kai came in, with a pink blanket in hand. Winter got up, and squealed, followed by the others. The baby was a girl.

Soon, Kai led them into the room, where Selene was holding a beautiful baby girl, her face holding a beaming smile. Her expression was relaxed, and recovered from the tough labor aboard a cargo ship. She was looking at her husband, and then her baby girl.

Kai came over, and sat next to Selene. He took her hand, as Konn Torin beamed down at the happy family. Finally, Peony asked the question everyone was dying to hear the answer to. "What is her name?" Peony asked.

"Her name is Jasmine Selene Kaito, Crown Princess of the Eastern Commonwealth," Selene said, not being able to hide her smile. Even Konn Torin looked as surprised as the rest of the crew. Apparently, Selene and Kai kept everyone in the dark.

Soon, the doctor felt it was safe to land the Rampion in the Commonwealth. Thorne went to the control room, to bring the royal family with the new addition home. He, would probably tell this story for years, after they got home.

Everyone went to the front of the Rampion, to look at the size of the crowd that gathered by the landing dock, except for Selene, who wanted to do something. She knew her mother didn't do this, but Selene knew she should. Her daughter would grow up knowing she was loved, weather Selene was there or not.

She went by the bassinet that held her daughter, and stroked her daughter's cheek. The little child stirred, because she had been awakened. Selene picked her daughter up, and sat on the bed.

After awhile of sitting in silence, Selene spoke to the child. "Jasmine, I promise to you, that I will do everything in my power to keep alive, for you and your father. I know my life wasn't easy, because my mother left, and I don't want you to have the same fate. You, are my daughter, and as long as the stars in the night sky shine, I will love you. You have my word, my little star," Selene said, cradling her daughter.

After awhile, Selene and Jasmine met everyone at the entrance to the Rampion. Kai looked with pride at his two girls, while waving to the subjects below. There were doctors and nurses waiting to help Selene to the hospital wing, just to be sure nothing was wrong. The cheering crowd silenced when the ramp was lowered, and the couple was the first to step out.

After the trip short to the wing and back, a pink banner was unfurled at the balcony in front of the palace by Kai and Selene. This was to signify that there was a princess to ascend the throne of the Commonwealth.

When the ceremony was finished, and the party over, Kai and Selene retired to the house, with their daughter. It was then Selene noticed her daughter had her mother's used to be pale skin, which had been long since tanned, while she had her father's black hair. When the baby opened her eyes, Selene noticed they were blue, like Levi's. Black hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. What a nice combination, Selene thought to herself. She smiled at her daughter once more, joy littered across her face. Her daughter would grow up to be so beautiful, just like Selene would have been

Selene looked with pride at her young daughter, also known as, her little star.