Chapter Fifteen

After looking at the sun set, Kai took Selene to his room. As he wrapped his arms around her, he looked into her mesmerizing eyes. Many people who said his eyes where captivating, they hadn't looked at Selene's. Her's seemed to singlehandedly shine out the moon, while his seemed to be a dull brown. Then again he loo-

"Kai, are you daydreaming about how many beautiful girls were storming you in town today?" Thankfully, she couldn't see him blush.

"No, why?"

"I've been calling your name for the last ten minutes," Selene said, trying to turn herself over. She soon gave up, and Kai helped her turn over.

"He he, sorry. I was thinking about something else."

"Like what?"

"Nothing," Kai said, smirking.

"I can tell your lying," Selene said.

"How!?!" Kai asked

"My lie detector is going on. Sorry Kai, can't help you there."

"How??"

"Um, its called being a really really smart cyborg," Selene said, flashing a smile at her. Kai turned over on his back, said goodnight, and fell asleep.

Kai woke up to a loud thump, and a flurry of curses. Kai quickly got up, and went to the source of the noise. Selene was half in her wheelchair, and half out. Kai rushed over, and pulled her up."Thanks," she managed to pant out as she gripped the arms of the chair.

Once both of them were ready, they went to the platform, to meet Queen Camilla, for some important stuff about Lunar immigration. The Queen requested this meeting to discuss further advancements in immigrating Lunars. She specifically asked to see Selene, because she is the head Lunar ambassador.

The Royal podship for the UK landed silently, filling the large podship deck. The Queen stepped out, followed by two guards. Her daughter, the Crown Princess Victoria, flanked her mother at her left. She smiled calmly, while not meeting Kai, or Selene's gaze. The Queen and her daughter dipped into formal curtseys, mimicked by Kai's formal fist to heart then bow. Selene laughed silently, and the only thing revealing that was the smile that tugged at her lips. "My dear Princess, what is so funny?" The Queen asked, turning her attention to Selene.

"Oh, n-nothing, Selene stammered, looking up at Kai. He kicked the brake release, and pushed Selene further.

"One more question," the Queen asked when they entered the palace. Selene nodded her head as she contemplated what the effects would be of asking this question. She nodded her head, and the Queen continued. "Why do you not have a maglev chair?"

"Oh, well, that's simply because those are significant to Luna. And plus, they are still quite new technology, that needs to be explored," Selene answered, getting agitated with the Queen. Princess Victoria spoke up,
"And besides mom, servants don't deserve new technology. They get the second era wheelchairs." Upon hearing her daughter's words, the Queen spun around, and nearly backhanded her daughter.

"Princess Victoria! This is Emperor Kaito's fiancée, not his servant!" Queen Camilla nearly yelled at her daughter.

"You- your Princess Selene? I am so so sorry," Princess Victoria stammered, dipping into a curtsy. "I didn't think you would be out of the hospital so soon."

"It's quite alright. I'm not what everyone expects, right?" Selene asked, flashing her special grin. Kai laughed, as they entered the small sitting room.

When the meeting was finished, and the royal guests where escorted into the dining room, a message from the girls requesting a group chat came up in Selene's head. She accepted, and logged on.

Start of Comm Link

CressSoontobeThorne hey guys🙋, guess what.

ScarletBenoitKesley what?

CressSoontobeThorne were having a baby.🚼🚼🚼

WinterHayleBlackburn WHAT??????😲😲😲😲😲

CressSoontobeThorne you heard me.

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito how?? You guys have been engaged for, THREE DAYS!!!!!

CressSoontobeThorne um, yeah. *cough cough*

PeonyLihnBlackburn well, maybe you guys could congratulate Cress, instead of criticizing her.

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito yeah, Peony, if I were having a baby without being married💍, you would be mad at me. Not that I'm getting ideas.

PeonyLihnBlackburn ha, yeah. You're my sister, of course I'd be upset. Thankfully, Cress is not our sister.

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito yeah, she's just our cousin.

PeonyLihnBlackburn touche.

SeleneLihnBlackburn-Kaito sorry guys, we have Queen Camilla in the Commonwealth😞😞😞😞😞, so I have to go. Sorry. Bye

End of Comm Link

Selene turned her attention to the queen, who was silently picking at her food with her fork. Selene cleared her throat, and did it again.

"Is there a problem Highness?" Konn Torin asked, silently stepping forward.

"Um, yes, could you get the doctor please?" She asked. He nodded his head, and quickly departed for the hospital wing of the palace.

"Doctor for what?" The Queen asked, speaking up.

"Oh, there's some dressing that I feel can be taken off." Kai looked up for the first time from his dinner.
"Dressing taken off? Isn't this a little fast for recovery? It's only been three days since you were shot. Shouldn't you take it slow?

"Kai, I will take it as fast as I want! I know that it's only been three days since the surgery."

"Then why do you want to go so fast?"

"Because Kai. I have a sister, and a dad, who want to see me walk. I have subjects, and you, and everyone else who is waiting for me to overcome this. When I killed Levana, I knew I could do anything, like overcome this."

"And why now?"

"Because, I want to be married to you as soon as possible."

"But we can wait. Everyone can wait. All that matters is that you get better."

"As quickly as possible," Selene said, putting her fork down, signalling she was ending the discussion.

"Emperor Kaito, doesn't she have to listen to you?" Princess Victoria asked.

"No, no, she doesn't," Kai said, staring off into space. Victoria was silenced immediately by her mother. Selene sighed, and with a toss of her fork, she excused herself, and wheeled away, out of sight.