Chapter Eleven

Kai came in and sat in the chair next to Selene. He noticed that her metal prosthetics showed through the thin sheets. Kai then moved his gaze to her rising and falling chest, as her breathing became irregular. He then looked at her sleeping face, and his eyes moved to her's, which were opening. She smiled as she fully gained all of her senses. "Hey," she said as she gratefully excepted the glass of water he offered her.
"So, how ya feeling beautiful?" Kai asked, putting the glass down with a clink.
"Okay, I guess." Selene replied, putting her hand on her head, "considering I just had major surgery done." With her words, Kai got up, and went to the door. He then commed Selene, not wanting her to strain her voice, having him be on the other side of the door.

START OF COMM LINK

EmperorKaiBlackburn- Do you, future Empress Selene, release me, Emperor Kaito of the Eastern Commonwealth, from all harm in the event of your death?

SeleneLihnBlackburn-Kaito- 😕 Kaito? What are you planning? Do you want me to get a Royal Interrogator in here?

EmperorKaiBlackburn- Um......No.

SeleneLihnBlackburn-Kaito k, then what do you want? I'm really busy lying in bed doing nothing important.

EmperorKaiBlackburn- I need you to answer.

SeleneLihnBlackburn-Kaito no

EmperorKaiBlackburnwell, I c'mon I don't have all day.🕛🕛

SeleneLihnBlackburn-Kaito Whatever. I guess. Just nothing to terrible.

EmperorKaiBlackburn-  What's that supposed to mean?

SeleneLihnBlackburn-Kaito Whatever you make it mean.

EmperorKaiBlackburn- *speechless*

END OF COMM LINK

Kai came in, with Peony in tow. Selene tossed him a look, and then when she looked behind him, her jaw dropped, and she covered her face with her hands. She recognized who it was immediately. "Peony, is that, is that you?"
"Yes big sis, its me." Peony sat on the open spot next to Selene as Kai slipped out of the door.
"But, but how? You died of the plague two years ago."
"That wasn't me. That was a dear friend." Peony said, her gaze dropping. Selene put a hand on Peony's back, and Peony told Selene everything. Peony told her about her being Selene's biological sister, to their dad, and then how Selene can technically be in Adri's care,because Selene is not yet married. And then Peony told her the latest about Farfarah, and what they have been doing there. When Peony was finished, Selene told her about the revolution, and then being queen, then abdicating, and then the crew, and finally, Kai.
"I knew you guys would make the perfect couple." Peony said, brown eyes laced with excitement. 
"But when we would play, you said you were going to meet Kai.? Selene said, poking her sister.
"Selene, I knew you were princess Selene all along. So, knowing one day you were going to marry prince Kai, I played as though I was you." At Peony's words, Selene put her arms out, and they had a hug. When it was over, the crew came barging in. Selene pouted, but they all persisted in meeting Peony. Selene shot Kai a look, and he smiled. He claimed the spot on the bed next to Selene, and everyone started talking about moments during the revolution. Or times after the revolution, like when Iko got kicked out of a press conference for mucking with Selene's hair. The crew still hadn't gotten over that one. While the crew was going over more remnants from the past two years, Scarlet all of the sudden clutched her stomach. She got up, and both her and Wolf ran to the bathroom. Selene quickly commed the doctor, asking him to come look at Scarlet. Selene right away also ran diagnostics on herself, and nothing was from her that would make Scarlet sick, so, that was comforting, at least for Selene.

When the doctor arrived, he first did all of the regular things, and then had Scarlet and Wolf answer some questions. Finally, after an hour, Doc McStuffins came in, and told the crew what was going on. "What is wrong with her,"Wolf asked, baring his teeth. 
"Nothing is wrong with her," the Doc said smiling.
"You can't tell me that my wife spent the last two hours throwing up, and nothing is wrong with her." Wolf said, getting up.
"No, no, the throwing up was because your wife, is with child." The doctor smiled, holding up all of the papers they needed. These were just papers saying that they were ready to be parents. Wolf and Scarlet both signed them, and went off to get ready in the European Federation. Cress and Thorne decided to leave as well, and Winter and Jacin soon followed, along with Peony. Finally, the couple would have their peace and quiet. Then, as if they couldn't, the man who was flanking Peony's side when she was talking to Kai, let himself in. Kai got up, as the man approached them. Kai's expression turned serious, as did the man's. The two men eyed each other for awhile, and then the man that walked in came to the bedside. Selene already had the knife from her finger out and ready to go. The man stopped, and looked at Selene, tears pooling in his eyes. "Selene, my Selene. Where have you gone?" Kai and Selene each gave each other looks, and they called for guards at the door, have something go wrong. Selene also commed Peony, asking if she knew who he was. Then the realization hit Kai like a punch from Selene's metal fist. This guy had Selene's brown eyes, messy brown hair, and light smile. He also had, like Selene, a pretty good tan going on. Kai didn't know what to, say, but, his curiosity got the best of him, so he then spoke, "Are you Selene's father?" The man then said
"Yes, I am, Levi Darnell, acclaimed cybernetic surgeon, lover to Queen Channery, father of a princess, uncle of a shell. Cress is my brother's child, and Selene is mine."