Chapter Seventeen

Selene and Kai came down the Palace steps, being careful of all off the people crowding them, so no one accidentally trampled Selene. Their friends approached them, eager to talk to them.

"You guys didn't look half bad up there," Thorne said, gesturing to the balcony, where Selene and Kai delivered their speeches a moment ago.

"Thanks," Selene said, looking for food.

"Your welcome, your Majesty," Thorne said, attempting a mock bow. Selene rolled her eyes, as Cress whacked him upside the head, and told him to get food for her. He obeyed, and left at once. The crew laughed, and Selene looked up at the stars, that just started to show in the evening light. Then, the big floating rock in the sky caught her attention

As a waiter came by with glasses of water, each of the crew members took one. All of the sudden, Selene knocked on her glass with her metal hand, and all eyes turned to her. "With all of the happy news that we had to share today, concerning the cyborgs, we have some regarding a particular cyborg. It was announced by my personal doctor, that by next Wednesday, I will be ready to start walking!" The crowd erupted in applause at Selene's words.

When Selene and Kai arrived in their room, there was a knock at the door. When Kai opened it, Konn Torin was at the threshold, with a crying lady. When she was let in, Selene recognized her right away. "Pearl, what are you doing here?"

"Dan, he, he cheated!" Pearl said, breaking into more sobs. Kai led her to the couch, and Selene took her daughter to some servants to take to the nursery. The child's screams echoed to through the hallway, until the nurses took her far enough away. Her screams faded into small sobs as the nurses calmed her down.

"When?" Selene asked, signalling for Kai to push the brake in on the wheelchair as she came to a stop.

"I found out today he's been cheating the last six months," Pearl said, letting the tears fall freely.

"And why don't you talk to Adri? She'll know what to do," Selene said, already sending a comm to her dad, to let him know where Pearl was, in case they came home, and she was gone.

"She and dad are out tonight, discussing housing options," Pearl said, blowing her nose in a tissue that a servant offered her. She whispered a thank you, and the servant departed. Selene and Kai gave each other worried glances, and Selene dragged Kai into the bedroom, where she and him discussed the best course of action. Not only was it Pearl and Dan's lives that would be affected by this, but it was their daughter's as well.

They fought, and talked, and talked met different counselors who offered guidance and support, for Pearl and Dan. These people were professional guidance and family counselors, who could help them, if Pearl and Dan would cooperate, which was highly unlikely.  

When they came back, ready with a plan to help Pearl, they discovered they were right. They found out from an awaiting servant, that she called up her girls for a drinking party at a night club, leaving Peony in Selene's care.  So, Kai went to make dinner, Selene commed the girls. She needed to get all of their opinions on something very major. Kai and Selene talked about it very little, but it was the only option left.

Start of Comm Link

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito you guys won't believe it!!

PeonyLihnBlackburn let me guess, its about Pearl?

ScarletBenoitKesley no, can't be.

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito actually, it is.

ScarletBenoitKesley HOW???????

PeonyLihnBlackburn Pearl invited me to go drinking with them. So, what happened to make her so upset?

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito Dan (her husband) cheated on her.

WinterHayleBlackburn oooh, ouch. That's gotta hurt.

CressSoontobeThorne oh, yeah, no wonder she left her completely innocent daughter with her  stepsister, so she can go and wash away the memories of the day.

IkoTheAmazingAndroid when you say it like that, it sounds like Pearl is committing some sort of serious public offense.

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito IKO, IT IS A SERIOUS PUBLIC OFFENSE!!!!!!!

IkoTheAmazingAndroid 😒, hehe, right.

ScarletBenoitKesley, SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito, CressSoontobeThorne, WinterHayleBlackburn, PeonyLihnBlackburn, *face palm*

CressSoontobeThorne so what are you gonna do?

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito there is nothing to be done.

ScarletBenoitKesley what's that supposed to mean? Of course you can do something. If it was that serious, you could send the stinking Commonwealth army to find her! Teach that girl some responsibility!

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito it isn't that simple.

CressSoontobeThorne I agree with Scarlet, there has got to be something you guys could do.

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito well, Kai and I did discuss one option.

PeonyLihnBlackburn what one option, is that?

ScarletBenoitKesley well, give her time to tell us. Obviously its some pretty important news.

CressSoontobeThorne yeah Peony *hair flip*

WinterHayleBlackburn Cress, you can't do a hair flip.

CressSoontobeThorne why not?

WinterHayleBlackburn because your hair is to short to flip. Duh.

ScarletBenoitKesley good one crazy.

WinterHayleBlackburn but I'm not crazy anymore.

ScarletBenoitKesley you will always be crazy.

JacinTheIncredibleGaurd its just like how I call you trouble, even if you no longer are, Winter *blushes*

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito do you want a cane in your window to?

JacinTheIncredibleGuard um no

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito then log off this group chat!!

JacinTheIncredibleGuard ugh, yes Your Majesty *logs off of group chat*

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito can I get to my news now

PeonyLihnBlackburn yes Your Majesty👑

SeleneLihnBlackburn-Kaito quit it or your next

PeonyLihnBlackburn *thinks not some sort of smart comment to make, but nods her head, puts her hands in her lap, and respectfully keeps quiet, silently knowing her sister's patience should not be tested.😯. She has seen her sister's wrath unleashed on Kai, and that in itself is a force to be reckoned with*

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito *nods her head, noticing her sister's sudden change in mood, and continues on with her news* we are\were   thinking of adopting Peony.

To be continued, mwa ha ha ha.... I love keeping you guys in suspense. I know this is a really short chapter, compared to my other ones, but I had the ending there. Bye people.