Chapter Forty Three (Time Skip Abt. Four Years)

Selene looked at Kai, before yet again, sighing with contentment. Kai was trying in every which way to make her happy, but nothing was working. Every time she wanted to say something, it came out all moody and such, which didn't make any sense. He didn't even know what he did wrong half the time, he just said something, and she got upset. Now, she avoided him nearly non stop, and it frustrated him.

Later that day, Konn Torin met up with Kai after a meeting. "So, your Majesty. I have noticed Selene has been a little off lately. May I offer a reason for her mood?" Konn Torin asked. Kai nodded his head, going over reports for budgets. "What if I said the Empress was pregnant again?" Kai looked up from his papers for the first time, a look displaying utter disbelief.

"What? She can't be," Kai said.

"Do you have any other reason for her behavior?" Konn Torin asked.

"No. And besides, how could you venture a guess that she is? Your not her husband," Kai said, getting up.

"I may not, but I was a royal adviser to your parents for many years, and the two times your mother was pregnant, I was right," Konn Torin said. Kai opened the door, and went down the hallway, to pick Jasmine up from the tutor, silently ending the conversation. Kai knew if Konn Torin was right, he would owe Konn Torin a unvis, and he did not want to bring that up.

Kai came home with Jasmine, to the sounds of Selene throwing up in the bathroom. Kai immediately dropped his things, and went to help Selene.

When she was done, Kai took her to the doctor. "So, what's up with her doc?" Kai asked, Jasmine balancing on Kai's leg.

"Well, I do believe Selene is carrying again," the doctor said. Kai stared at him in utter disbelief, while Konn Torin leaned up against the door, a smirk plastered on his face. Kai sighed, and handed him a unvis. Konn Torin laughed, as Kai explained to Selene.

Selene pushed him playfully after he told her what happened, sending him into the wall. He laughed, and Jasmine watched her parents have fun like old times until she interrupted. "Mom, dad, will I have a little brother or sister?"

"Yes, my little star," Selene answered.

"Can we have a group chat with the crew?" Jasmine asked. Selene nodded, and opened it.

Start of Comm Link

EmpressAwesome Jasmine has something to tell you.

ScarletBenoitKesley what is it?

PrincessAwesome moms having a baby!

CressThrone Congratulations!

EmperorAwesome thanks. I knew the hairdo would work.

EmpressAwesome shut up. I don't want a Thorne major ego having a quarter of my child's mind. It would be sickening.

CressThorne your right there.

ThornetheAmazing what's that supposed to mean?😟

WinterHayleBlackburnClay it means that Selene doesn't want Kai to act like Thorne, because the new baby will have Thorne's alter ego, and then, if something happens to Jasmine, we will have a world leader with Thorne's alter ego. Oh crap!

JacinClay you got that right wifie! They grow up so fast!😊😂

EmpressAwesome yes they do.😥

ThornetheAmazing ha! The conversation finally got diverted from me! I must no longer be an idiot!

EmpressAwesome no, your still an idiot.

JacinClay we're just turning the conversation from you until you say something stupid again.

ThornetheAmazing 😶😦😞

WolftheTomatoLover sooo. How's life everyone?

EmperorAwesome fine. I only got swarmed by teenage girls once this week.

ThornetheAmazing now you must be losing your touch.

EmpressAwesome you'll lose your touch when I slap you across the face 100 times. 

JacinClay she lights it, and it burns.

EmperorAwesome happens every time.

ThornetheAmazing does anyone realize I'm the captain here?

EmpressAwesome and I'm the one who took down Levana once and for all.

JacinClay she lights and she burns. Two to zero. Thorne, your stinking losing to a pregnant lady.

EmperorAwesome you mention that again, and you lose any chance of ever getting a job here in the Commonwealth.

JacinClay  oh. Selene! Your husband threatened me!

ThornetheAmazing Jacin your wife was being mean!

EmpressAwesome Cress! Your husband is to annoying!

EmperorAwesome she lights and burns again. Babe your on a roll.

EmpressAwesome you call me that again and I'll put you out on the streets of New Beijing in nothing but your underwear.

EmperorAwesome you can't do that.😀

EmpressAwesome I'm Selene Channery Jannali Blackburn Darnell Lihn Kaito.

EmperorAwesome right. Forgot about that. Sorry hun.

EmpressAwesome okay, that's it.

EmperorAwesome what's it?

EmpressAwesome you used a nickname.

EmperorAwesome how do I make it up to you? The paparazzi will eat me alive!

EmpressAwesome you can get off of this chat and put Jasmine to bed, and then make supper for the two of us.

EmperorAwesome I'm on it. Night guys.

EmperorAwesome leaves chat.

EmpressAwesome finally some peace and quiet.

CressThorne so you weren't going to make him go out into the streets half naked?

EmpressAwesome no. That threat gets me what I want. Never mind. Jasmine wants me to read her a story. Night guys.

End of Comm Link

After putting Jasmine to bed, Selene went up to her room, and fell into conversation with Kai about the baby. They decided thought this conversation names and such for the baby.

When all was decided, Selene got a comm from the doctor, asking them to come right away. So, Selene slipped on a robe, Kai doing the same, and headed for the doctor.

When they for there, he wasted no time in running tests and such. Kai and Selene were shocked, until he finally stopped. "What's going on?" Kai asked.

"Well, at first it was unbelievable," the doctor replied.

"What was unbelievable?" Selene asked.

"Well, I do believe, my empress, you are having twins," the doctor said, eyes clouding with impending tears.

When Kai was leading Selene to their room, after the eventful night, he realized how bright the star next to him was shining.