Chapter Sixteen

After a good nights sleep, Selene felt so much better than the night before. She never liked to fight with Kai, but that tension had been building up over the past few days. She was especially embarrassed that the Queen of the UK had to witness it. She meant for the fight to be in the hall, but it never got that far. Kai had an uncanny ability to bring the fights to him. Yeah, maybe she shouldn't have asked the dressings be taken off, but, it was the fastest way for the wound to heal. And they were really starting to get itchy. Speaking but not speaking of itchy, Kai walked in, ready for the meeting about Lunar immigration. Many other people representing different Earthen countries would be attending, to bring word to their leaders, about the decisions made.

After a short walk, the couple and the two royals from the UK stopped at the grand doors to the Royal Meeting Room. As a guard opened the door, the sheer size and grandeur of the room was unleashed. The room had a two thrones side by side (the one to Kai's right was removed at the time for the wheelchair to be there instead), and two immaculately dressed chairs for the Queen and her daughter. The stained glass windows, depicting scenes of battles from The Fourth World War, and beautiful marble floors, were polished to perfection for the occasion.

The meeting started with the same rambling from Kai, and then the Queen, about Lunars and immigration. While Kai, who was second, was giving his speech, an idea popped into her head. Careful not to lose it, she slowly raised her hand, and Kai stopped mid speech, to hear what she hard to say. She wheeled herself forward, and Kai bent the mic down to hear her. "People of the Commonwealth and the UK. I think I found a solution for the Lunar immigration problem. Many of you know, that cyborgs like me, have a lie detector in their head. What if we use cyborgs at immigration, to see if anyone is lying about there intentions, here on Earth?" At Selene's words, a mummer went through the crowd, contemplating her words. Finally, someone spoke up.

"Your Highness, do you really think this could be a real thing? Cyborgs working to save the rest of humanity from harmful and sinister Lunars, no offense."

"None taken, and yes, I do. Cyborgs have been waiting for a long time to finally be accepted as part of the community. I think this is a great way for them to finally tell everyone they are not harmful."

Everyone in the room turned to Queen Camilla, who would make the ultimate decision. She nodded, and the room applauded. Selene had done it! She found a way that cyborgs and humans could live together in harmony. Kai was proud of her to say the least.

When everyone exited, Kai gave her a big hug, and told her once again how much she was already going to improve the Commonwealth. She just smiled and waved him off. Kai backed off, and let the many other people who were in line congratulate her for coming to the realization, that cyborgs and humans could be friends. She smiled and talked too all of them, like they were all old friends. Finally, Queen Camilla came with her daughter, and once again gave her approval on the usage of cyborgs in the community.

The next morning, Kai and Selene woke up to the netscreen talking about the latest advancement in rights for cyborgs. Immediately, the Commonwealth issued job applications to over 1 million cyborgs yesterday evening. "And, thanks to Princess Selene, many cyborgs can once again find jobs. We applaud her, for stepping in during the Emperor's speech, to give her opinion on the matter. And thank you to all of the cyborgs, who decided to come, and assist the world," Kai turned the netscreen off, and lifted Selene into the wheelchair. She went over to the vanity, and brushed out her hair, and put it into a high ponytail. When Kai exited the bathroom, he smiled, when will she ever get rid of the ponytail? Never. Kai thought to himself. Selene took the bathroom after him, and came out looking refreshed. They then took to the halls, leading to the conference room.

Cyborgs of all different races and ages sat on the palace lawn, taking in the late August sun. When the Emperor and Selene approached, they all stood, leader to here what they had to say.

"Thank you all for gathering here today. I know that many of you were requested to come, but also, many of you came, wanting to help the human race. I applaud you all, for coming, and making the world a better place. And now, my fiancée would like to speak to you, about this arrangement." At his words, the crowd broke into applause, as Selene wheeled herself forward. Kai handed her the mic and the clapping and cheering subsided.

"Thank you guys so much, for all you have done, and all you will do. I myself will make arrangements for anyone who needs accommodations to stay here in the Commonwealth. If you do, please tell either myself, Kai, or Konn Torin, they can assist you with anything. Now that we have that cleared, I would like to speak to you about what you will be doing. You will be asked to sit\stand  at a large desk, and as people come in, you ask them to state their intentions for their time here on Earth. If the lie detector goes off in your head, you comm a palace guard, and they will take them away. If the detector does not go off, you let them through." Before Selene could finish her speech, the crowd erupted in applause. They had all agreed, and headed to their prospective areas, getting the accommodations codes and apartment numbers. Selene smiled, and looked at the happy people, who all supported her.