Chapter Twenty Nine

Everyone in the ballroom waited for Selene to arrive. The banquet was ready, and everyone was hungry. Besides, the party for the bride, couldn't start without the bride.

Finally, after minutes of waiting, Kai and Selene came through the ballroom doors. Kai had taken off his crown from before, and Selene had a more conservative crown replace hers. O'er than that, they looked like they did or the wedding.

Soon, everyone sat down to eat, and they enjoyed the selection. Many earthens were even prompted to try some Lunar delicacies that were offered. Selene especially enjoyed seeing that her people and culture were finally being accepted into the world of the earthens.

After the dinner, Selene and her dad shared the daddy daughter dance. The song Selene picked was "Stealing Cinderella," by Chuck Wicks.

She picked this song, because in her dad's eyes, she would always be the little girl she once was.

After the emotional daddy daughter dance, her dad  once again gave his daughter to Kai. This time, however, he leaned in, and said, "Kai, I know you're the emperor, and I respect that. But I'm her dad, and you watch for that, because she deserves the best," Levi said, allowing them the first dance.

This one was "Over and Over Again," the song that played when they first got engaged. Kai and Selene both agreed that this was the best song to display how much they loved each other.

Next, the crew members were asked to dance with the couple, which, they were all happy to, especially Thorne. Then, it was time for speeches, and Selene's dad went first.
"Hello, I am, as you know, Levi Darnell, Empress Selene's dad. Now, my daughter, is a very incredible girl. When she was born, I was elated, and took to the responsibilities, despite my job as a guard. My brother told me I was crazy, still working for the queen. I then told him, that this was my daughter, and I would do anything to protect her from Levana, who was every bit as evil as she was when she died. Well, eventually Channery and I had two more girls, and I could only take one to earth with me. And I could not take Selene because she was the crown princess. I was heartbroken. Then, two years later, I found out that she died in a fire. She I found this out, I was even more heartbroken. Later, I found out my daughter was alive, I had to find her, before someone else did. That was the greatest decision of my life. Well, later on I had to leave her, and that took a lot, but I had to do it. My brother and I made a plan to go to Africa, and that is where I finally reunited with my daughter. Now that she is married, she will go off to live her own life, and do her own things. For that, I will always be proud. As a father, and as a subject," Levi said, handing the mic to Peony, who was happy to take it.

"Hi everyone. My name is Peony Blackburn, and I'm Selene's sister and maid of honor. My relationship with my sister, has been the best relationship I could ask for. Especially with all of the diamonds she'll be able to get me," at Peony's words, a laugh erupted from the crowd, and Peony continued. "I also wanted to say, that, when I look at you to, I don't see an Emperor and an Empress, I see a couple, whose willing to do anything for each other, and that, is truly special. Love you big sis," Peony said, stepping  off of the stage, and handing the mic over to Konn Torin.

"As you know, I'm Konn Torin, Emperor Kaito's royal adviser. When Kai's mother died, his dad took over what was his mom's part to of the kingdom, while I took care of Kai. I have seen him love things before, and never have I seen him love like this, so congratulations you two, you deserve a happy life," Konn Torin said, handing the mic to Thorne. None of the other crew members would speak, accept for Thorne.

"Kai, Selene, I know that you guys are gonna have a great and happy life. Just one request. Do you think you could let me in on it?" Everyone laughed as Thorne left to sit by his wife and kid.

After the wedding party spoke, it was time for the groom to talk. Kai stepped up, and waited for the room to settle down. "Now, Selene. I know that you are expecting me to brush you off, and not let you have a word in anything. Well, your expecting wrong. I promise to always be there no matter what is going on in the kingdom. I love you more than anything, and that is something that will always stay the same," Kai said, stepping down, and letting Selene make her first speech as Empress.

"Thank you Kai. I would return the favor, but this is more my speech about being Empress, and what I'll do. You'll get your turn later," Selene said, as she continued with her speech. "Citizens of the Eastern Commonwealth. I know what you are expecting for an Empress. Some sort of fashion forward, glitzy and glamorous Empress, like our last one. I'm telling you now, that that is not who I'll be. I will be the Empress this country needs, not the Empress the country wants." At her words, the audience erupted in applause. This is what they were waiting for.

Later in during the reception, Selene gave her speech to Kai, who was anxiously awaiting it. "Kai, you and I have had our ups and downs, but I want you to know, that through most of it, I was happy. You are the best person I could ask for, and, I thank you for that," Selene said. Next, under Kai's request, the DJ turned on "I Can't Fight this Feeling Anymore," by REO Speedwagon.

Kai knew they both felt the same way, and that this song was perfect for them.

Later on, the couple ended the night. When Kai and Selene cut the cake, Selene hit him squares in the face with her piece. After that, Selene threw the bouquet, and Iko caught it. She had the biggest smile ever.

Everyone was happy to see the couple go to their room, to start yet another great chapter of their lives.