Chapter Thirty Nine

Selene looked at Jasmine, who was turning six months old. The baby had grown so much, and Selene was sorta sad to see all of that time fly by. She was also sad, to see that her step daughter, Peony, would be going to a boarding school by her aunt Yuri in the mountains, when the new school year came around.

Speaking of Yuri, she would be coming by to see her niece for the first time, and Kai and Selene were so exited. After they visited Yuri for the first time, they all became great friends, and visited each other often. Selene and Yuri grew especially close when Selene was having Jasmine. Yuri helped with a lot of the housework that needed to be done.

Selene jumped up as there was a knock at the door. Selene opened it, and there was Yuri, with two personal guards. She dismissed them, and when they retreated, she hugged her sister in law in greeting.

After the greeting, Selene took Yuri up to her and Kai's room, where Jasmine was peacefully sleeping. The baby was curled up into a little ball, with a rattle visible under her. When Selene picked her daughter up, however, Jasmine started crying.

Selene got Jasmine to settle down, and the two went down the stairs, to talk in the living room. Jasmine was set on the ground where a lot of her toys were, as Selene kept watch from on the couch. "So, how is she?" Yuri asked, picking Jasmine up. Jasmine then got passed to her mom.

"She's doing very well, despite being born on a retired warship," Selene said.

"You are not wrong there. She is growing up so fast," Yuri said.

"Yeah, Kai can't believe it. He said one day he'll come home and she'll be walking," Selene said, laughing. Yuri agreed, and averted her attention to Jasmine, who was struggling to crawl. Selene laughed, as she got up, and set Jasmine on the ground in a crawling position.

Jasmine toppled over again, and she started crying. Selene held her daughter close, rocking her back and forth. Soon, her cries subsided, and Selene began to sing, "Sweet Crescent Moon." Jasmine smiled when Selene finished the song.

Jasmine was set on the ground once again, as Selene sat back on the couch. Jasmine was using blocks, and shoving them around. When she was done, all of them were in a scattered mess on the floor.

When Selene saw what her daughter had skillfully done, Selene said. "Stars child. You are going to drive me and your father crazy." At her mother's words, Jasmine looked at her mother quizzically, before saying, "Stars?"

Selene looked at Jasmine, then at Yuri. "Did you hear her?! She spoke her first words!" Selene said with excitement.

"Yes, I did," Yuri said smiling. Selene then got then got the crew on a group comming session.

Start of Comm Link

EmpressAwesome hey guys.

EmperorAwesome is something wrong?

EmpressAwesome no. Jasmine said her first word.

ScarletBenoitKesley oh my stars. What was it?

EmpressAwesome Stars.

CressThorne Stars?

ThornetheAmazing stars?

WinterHayleBlackburnClay stars!

JacinClay stars

IkoTheAmazingAndroid stars!

WolftheTomatoLover tomatoes!

ScarletBenoitKesley it was stars.