Chapter Twenty One

Kai and Selene arrived at the small sitting room where their friends were waiting. Cress and Peony were in a heated argument about what was better winter wear, dresses or pants with cute sweaters. Selene heard what they were talking about, and decided to put her two sense in, not that she cared or anything. "Cargo pants, military boots, work gloves, and some sort of heavy jacket." Both Cress and Peony glared at her, and Scarlet came over and high fived Selene, agreeing with her.

When the girls and Kai settled down to the late night newsfeeds, the guys came with pizza, from the place downtown. Kai looked at it with disgust, never having had pizza from downtown, or anywhere. Except for the stuff the chef makes. Selene rolled her eyes, and shoved a piece in his face. "There. Now you don't have to look at like an alien cooked it."

"For all we know, an alien did cook it," Thorne said, smiling, poking fun at Lunars. This time it was Cress who threw a piece of pizza at him.

"Remind me to never get pizza again," Wolf said to no one in particular, as he licked tomato sauce from his chin.

"Can't promise you that Wolf. The girls might want pizza every Friday movie night, so they have something to launch at us when we get out of hand, or make some sort of funny comment," Kai said, coming from the bathroom with fresh towels for the guys. They all laughed at that, when Selene unlocked the brake on the wheelchair with a click.

"But what about if those comments aren't funny?" Cress asked, raising her hand like she was in school, Thorne shook his head, as he turned his attention to Selene.

"I think I'm going to go for the night. Big day tomorrow." Everyone gasped at Selene's words. They nearly forgot she would begin walking again tomorrow.

As soon as she left, Kai called a party planner, and asked that she set up the ballroom for all of the guests who would be watching her. The rest of the guys laughed at Kai, who was scrambling to get people to help set things up for tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Selene woke to the sun in her eyes. Kai must have put her in the bed when he finally came to bed last night. She used her upper body strength to turn herself over. Small snores were escaping from Kai's mouth, as he dreamed happily. She smiled, and kissed him awake.

Kai's eyes fluttered open. "I could get used to waking up like that, instead of the usual screaming," Kai said, getting up and stretching.

"Well, don't get used to it," Selene said. She was probably right. She was just in a good mood today.

"So, how are you fee-ling," Kai asked as he lifted Selene into the chair. (The pause in feeling, is because he was lifting her into the chair)

"Good. Actually, better than I have all week. Thanks for asking," Selene said as she pulled out of the room, so he could change. When Kai was done, Selene and Kai went into the main hallway, where they were greeted by thousands, if not millions of people, who would watch Selene walk for the incident at the wedding.

The camera drones flew overhead, waiting to record the event, for people who would not fit into the main hall, when Selene took her first steps. She wanted this not only to be about her, but all of the people she was doing this for.

Selene took a steady breath, as the doctor came, and gave her the okay to start walking. Kai took her hand with his, and with the other, her waist. She took her feet from the wheelchair, and put them on the ground, which was the easy part. Kai lifted her up, as she moved her feet from the wheelchair. The doctor scooted the wheelchair from behind her, while she and Kai moved forward. The crowd erupted in applause as she smiled. Her friends were in the front, along with all of her family, watching her overcome this injury. She took one, two, three steps, and even more clapping came from everyone watching.

As Selene was asked to sit down, so she could rest, a voice came from the loudspeaker. "Well, my dear Princess. It looks you dodged the little "bullet" we threw at you. But watch for the next one, it will be flying in faster and harder than you think."

Selene and everyone else in the room gasped and backed away. Selene closed her eyes for a couple of seconds, so she could think of who that could possibly be, but nothing came up. Her voice sounded familiar, but, Selene couldn't put her finger on it from where the voice was familiar. She got up once again, not without Kai's support.

"Speak out, whoever you are. I know that you can do damage, because clearly your the one who ordered the hit on me on my wedding. Please, show yourself."

"Oh, well, sorry. Your not getting answers from me. But, you can get them from my little friend in the prison," the strange lady said, ending the discussion. Selene took Kai's hand, and walked him to their room, where she got cargo pants and boots from the closet. Kai looked at her quizzically, before shutting his mouth, and not bothering to ask. He knew she was dying to do something other than sitting in a wheelchair, so he didn't think he should put up an argument, and risk angering her further than loudspeaker lady.

Selene came back into the room, hands on her hips. "Is this your idea of a joke?" Selene asked, holding up a picture of him and some random lady kissing. He had no idea where it was from. And he had no intention of finding out who it was, if he survived, this wrath that Selene would have on him.