Chapter Twenty Six

Selene held her knife in front of her, pulling the hood off of her head. She turned her head, to peek behind the wall. What she saw next surprised her. When she signaled the others to come over, they were all surprised as well.

There were items scattered everywhere on the floor. There were weapons, as well as blueprints, all over the wall, pinned up on the billboard. In a far corner of the room, Pearl sat in a crumpled up ball, not daring to meet her captor's gaze. It appeared that the lady, whose back was turned to Selene, was bargaining with Pearl for Peony's life.

Selene headed back over to where the crew members were hiding behind a bush. She crouched down with them, and explained the interior of the abandoned warehouse. They all nodded their heads, as Selene continued. She then told them where each if them should go. Winter and Jacin would go separate corners, in case anyone tried to escape out the back. Cress and Scarlet the same, because they were both pregnant.

Kai, Selene, Iko, Thorne, and Wolf, went into the warehouse, to do the major fighting. With steady caution, the crew entered the warehouse. They were hoping it was possible to sneak in unnoticed. That plan got demolished by Kai, who kicked a wire cutters lying on the ground. At that instant, the lady turned around, to reveal her face. In her right hand, she held a gun, while in her left, she held a knife. Below her was Peony, who was oblivious to what was going on.

Selene stepped forward, eager to make the first move. "Why, Your Highness, it is so good to see you. Why don't you join us?" The lady said, gesturing to a tied up Pearl. Selene shook her head, as she felt a hand clasp hers. She smiled as familiar brown eyes, met her gaze.

All to soon, her attention turned back to the lady in front of her. She was smiling a devilish smile, as Selene turned away, silently scoffing at the pleasantness behind the otherwise evil smile. The lady then spoke a familiar phrase. "Love is conquest, love, is war. And, my dear Selene, is what this is." Selene looked at Kai in astonishment. This phrase was a phrase her mother and aunt always said, how in the stars did this strange lady hear it.

"How do you know this phrase?" Selene questioned, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Well, it was our mother's phrase, wasn't it, sister." The lady said with a sneer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

While these things were going on in the warehouse, Jacin was busy worrying about Winter. He was supposed to take her out to eat tomorrow, to propose to her. But, the more time Selene and Kai spent in the warehouse, the more worried Jacin got. What if he never was able to profess his love for Winter? He wanted the proposal to be perfect, like one fit for a princess. Kai was able to pull it off, so why couldn't Jacin?

Thing was, he was to scared. What if it was because of the proposal, that Winter turned him down. No, Jacin. Stop thinking that. This is Winter, and ever since you met her, every moment with her has been incredible. This one will be no different. Jacin thought to himself, gathering up the courage too go over to where Winter was hiding under a tree.

She gasped when she saw him, all covered in leaves and such. She thought at he was the kidnapper of Peony, until Jacin entered the light, emitted from a light outside of the warehouse. At the moment he helped her up, it started pouring again, and they were soaked again in a matter of seconds.

Before Winter could protest, Jacin got down on one knee, and pulled the silver box from his pockets. Winter gasped as he opened it, revealing a stunning ring. He pulled it out, and being a man of few words, said. "Princess, I've known you for nearly my whole life. Ever since I met you, I have had feelings for you. So, Winter Hayle Blackburn, will you marry me?" Winter gasped a happy yes, as a loud bang came from the opposite direction of the warehouse. Jacin threw himself on top of Winter, vowing to protect her with his life.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Selene, and the rest of the people jumped at the noise. When the shock faded, Selene went back to contemplating her "sister's" words. She could not believe she was sisters with this witch. If it was true, which, it probably was, considering past events, Selene had no intention of socializing with this captor who takes little children and adults. She did not want to associate with her.

Selene cleared her throat, before asking yet another question. "Who are you?"

"I, am Lydia Rose Blackburn, former daughter of Channery Blackburn," Lydia said, eyes gleaming. Her gaze softened, as Selene's hardened. "You want to know the story, don't you?" Lydia said. Selene nodded her head as Lydia continued. "When Peony was born, doctors realized there was a second, me. They got me out, and realized it was to late to save mom. They then decided to split the twins, so no one would be able to trace them to Channery. Dad took Peony, not knowing there was a second one. They then took me to an outer sector, to live as if I was a slave, not royalty. Now this child, does not deserve anything she will get!" Lydia thrust the knife she was holding toward the child. Last second, upon instinct, Selene jumped above the child, and her right shoulder was effected, greatly by the blade.

Selene cried out in pain, as Lydia jumped back. Kai ran towards Selene, as Wolf and Thorne arrested Lydia. Jacin and Winter, along with Scarlet and Cress, came in to help Kai.

One Day Later

Later, Selene was yet again in a hospital room, attached to thousands of IV needles. But, she was happy. Jacin and Winter were engaged. Winter told her as soon as she got out of surgery. Kai threw a party for them, even if they still weren't royalty.

Lydia was thrown in the prison, along with all of her accomplices. Pearl and Peony were taken in for minor injuries. What happened was, Pearl came to take Peony, in a drunken state. When Pearl was headed home, Lydia assumed Peony was Selene's daughter, and Pearl was a servant. She wanted to get Selene back for living the high life, while Lydia sat, and didn't know who she was. She hadn't excepted the fact Selene didn't exactly grew up royalty either.

Speaking of royalty, wedding planning was going great. Selene was well on her way to recovery. The knife deeply penetrated into her arm, and she was given an insane amount of stitches and pain meds. Kai was, as always, more than willing to run and get her something.

Kai, and as always, was willing to help her. He didn't care that he was skipping, meeting after meeting, to take care of her. She loved that, and she also loved, the fact that they would be them, forever. She knew that this feeling was, the best feeling, one that could no longer be hidden.