Chapter Forty One

"Hello, sister dearest. How was your little nap? Well, I assume it was good. Mine was great, sleeping next to your husband. No wonder why you like to be empress," Lydia said. Selene gasped and tried to get free. "Oh, big sister. You mustn't escape, until you give me the throne," Lydia said. Selene tried  breaking free once more, but to no avail.

Lydia turned around, pretending to walk away, evil written on her face. She then lunged at Selene again, who had her young child in bondage with her. Lydia was just going to shoot Selene with the gun, but, that would make the child cry, which would alert others of their location. So, she swung the gun around, and nailed Selene in the head.

Instantly, all fight left Selene, and the hold on her child weakened to nothing. Lydia untied Selene and the child, and left for the palace, to play empress for awhile. Certain this was the end of Selene, she even left her port sitting on a counter. But, Lydia was wrong, for all stars, find their way home, especially the ones born among them.

======================================

Kai woke up to Selene out of bed. She was talking to someone on a port, and he didn't know who it was. He figured it was someone who worked for the government, who specialized on catching people like Lydia. Assuming his assumption was correct, he waited for her to come back to bed, but, Selene never returned. She came in all dressed, kissed Kai goodbye, and left. "Where are you headed in such a rush?" Kai asked.

"I have to go do a job my people should have done," Selene answered. Kai was left speechless after that statement, and Selene sashayed out the door. Kai later got up and tracked her, to see where she was really headed.

Lydia's POV

Oh that Selene. Can she not stay for more than a day. After the mark I gave her with that gun, I was sure she was going to stay put. Well, guess I'll have to deal with her myself. Lydia thought, walking up to her secret headquarters in the mountains.

She opened the door, to reveal Selene staggering to the entrance. Lydia shook her head in disapproval, and pushed Selene's head down. This immediately sent Selene in an excruciating amount of pain.

Lydia looked at her sister, bleeding from the head, and pale. She laughed a wicked laugh, as her sister tried to overcome her with the gift, but failed. "Ah, silly little fool. Do you think, that you can overcome me with a gift, when you can barely stand?" Lydia asked. Selene sunk lower to the ground, and accepted defeat.

But, unbeknownst to Lydia, Selene could stand, and the room only tilted to be sideways when she did it to. The whole time Lydia was gone, Selene was mapping out her way to the forest. To Lydia, Selene was a hurt, broken person, who did not deserve any throne. But in reality, her sister was a Lunar cyborg, who, because she was considered the most dangerous type of person, she would live up to that, and protect her family at any cost, especially this one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kai's POV

Kai threw his jacket on, and tracked Selene through the ID chip installed a day ago. She threw a fit when he mentioned it getting installed, up until the point when he reminded her of what happened the last time there was a threat. She then agreed with him, and accepted it.

He was glad it was put in, especially when she was all moody like this. He wanted to know where she went, in case she got in trouble. Which, she did.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Selene got up once more, the room tilting at every angle. She fell, and then steadied herself, and willed her limbs to move. Thankfully, they obeyed without protest, and she began to move again. She saw the blood from her wound in her head drop soundlessly to the floor. She sighed, and felt by the wound, and searched for the nearest river in her head. She found it, and headed out into the wilderness.

When she got to the river, she kneeled down by it, unable to walk further. She cupped her hands in the fast moving body, and splashed water on her face. The cool water stung the wound, and it hurt like heck. Selene resolved to just drinking the water for strength.

After a short nap, and a lot of water, Selene heard someone approximately three feet away from her. She scrambled up in attempt to leave, but failed miserably when her dizziness got the best of her, she collapsed to the ground, and the stranger came up to help her.

When she dared to look up, she noticed two people. One, she recognized as Lydia, the other, Kai. He immediately recognized Selene, and noticed what caused her dizziness. He turned to Lydia, who ran the other direction, never to be seen again. He tried to go after her, but remembered the state that his actual wife was in, and let her go.

Kai commed Konn Torin, and asked him to bring the medical team, for Selene didn't have much fight left in her. The few cracked ribs from the captors, and the hole in her head from Lydia took a lot from her. She was weakened severely.

Selene was awaiting death to pass her, and take her away. She didn't want Kai to see her die, so she tried to get up. Any day of the week, Selene could take Kai down easily, but, in her weakened state, Kai easily kept her down.

Soon enough, when Selene was sure she was a gonner, the faint wails of sirens were heard in the distance. Kai got up, and waved to the emergency crews nearing. They quickly emerged out of the hovers, and did their best to get Selene into the hover. That was the last thing she remembered, before the darkness overshadowed her.