Chapter Forty Eight

Selene got home from another expedition looking for Jasmine. The guys had all went with her, except for Kai, who stayed back taking care of the twins. He also needed to take care if the kingdom, which was a major priority.

Selene dropped the hood of her cloak, shaking her head. Kai enveloped her into a hug, stroking her hair as they both thought. They thought of what they were all doing wrong as parents, and what they could do to make of right if they ever got the chance.

While they were thinking, Rikan and Jade came up for the millionth time that week, asking where Jasmine was. They had not been told, out of fear of scaring them. If they found out someone kidnapped Jasmine, they would be scared out of leaving their parent's sides.

Jasmine was a role model to them, and next to their parents, she was the strongest. One night a year ago, there was a thunderstorm, and Kai and Selene were gone. Jasmine came into their room, and sang until they fell asleep. Ever since then, they looked up to Jasmine.

Selene, seeing how scared the twins were, decided to tell them the truth. "Rikan, Jade, your sister was kidnapped," Selene said, sadly.

"Why?" They asked in unison.

"Because, mom and dad were fighting, and she ran away, only to be kidnapped," Selene answered.

"What does kidnap mean, mommy?" Jade asked. Her green eyes were filled with worry.

"It means she was taken by someone bad," Selene said. This was when she lost it. She shook uncontrollably, crying without tears. Kai held her, and whispered sweet nothings into her ear, silently crying himself.

Meanwhile, the twins stared at their parents in shock. Never before had they witnessed such a thing. They never heard or saw their mom cry. It was as if the world was ending, as the family lay on the floor, silently grieving.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jasmine trudged through the mud, unable to go forward against the mighty winds that threatened to knock her off her feet. The thunder roared overhead, as she cried tears of remorse. Oh, she would kill to be huddled up against her siblings and parents, but no, she had to run away, and lose sight of the palace.

When it seemed all hope was lost, Jasmine came across a seemingly abandoned warehouse. She opened the door, and shut it against the force of the driving wind. The wind whistled outside, leaving her to shudder at the memories of the cold outdoors.

She pulled the soaking hood from her hair, letting her black curls hit her backShe then pursued to pull a chair in front of the fireplace, and put the cloak on it. Her jeans were soaked through, and she was relieved for the comfort of the roaring blaze.