Chapter Thirty Eight

Selene woke up, for the third time in the row, to Jasmine crying. Selene loved her little girl to death, but the crying was leaving her with zero hours of sleep. She was sleeping in later and later, and missing important meetings and such, which she could not keep doing.

Many people had asked her why she doesn't leave Jasmine with servants and nurses. Selene would then tell them that this was her daughter, and she would raise her, like a mother should.

Selene rolled over, and nudged Kai to get up. He sighed, and went to get the formula from downstairs, in the kitchen, considering he left it there the night before. Selene went to get Jasmine from the cradle she was in.

When Kai came back with the bottle, Selene was already waiting in the rocking chair with Jasmine. By now, in the comforting hold of her mother, Jasmine stopped crying. Just like Selene, only her mom could get her to stop crying, which, Selene enjoyed.

After Jasmine was done feeding, Selene and Kai decided on an early morning, and went downstairs to get ready for Jasmine's official coronation as Crown Princess. Because she was born on the Rampion, she technically had to be coronated, instead of being born the Crown Princess.

Selene was wearing a simple A line gown, that had a hint of rose in it. The dress had rose pink in it, because her daughter was a girl. Kai would be wearing a rose pink sash as well. The banner would then be brought down from the balcony, and would be placed into a box, along with the pink dress she would be wearing. Later, the tiara would go in as well.

Jasmine was fussier than ever when Selene tried to get her into the dress. After a lot of struggling, Selene got the child to obey, making sure the dress fit right.

Selene felt bad for the child, guessing that Jasmine would be like her mom, being more comfortable in pants and a T-shirt, which, Selene was proud of. The dress looked nice on Jasmine, but even as a baby, Selene could tell she was uncomfortable.

Finally, Selene and Jasmine met Kai at the base of the ballroom stairs. He stood in awe as Selene gracefully descended the stairs with her daughter. She was stunning in the dress, that matched the cherry blossom trees outside.

The couple linked arm in arm, as they passed all of the spectators, who bowed and curtsied. The doors leading put to the garden opened, as Kai and Selene stepped out into the warm May sunshine.

Kai and Selene stepped out to the base of the cherry blossom tree that had Emperor Kaito and Empress Selene, May 24th, 128 T.E. engraved in it. This tree was planted the day Kai and Selene got married.

Konn Torin stepped in front of the child, as the pink sash he was wearing fluttered in the breeze. A lock of Selene's hair fell out of the loose bun she was wearing. The baby looked up as a petal fell from the sky, onto her.

Konn Torin then spoke up. "Fellow citizens of the Commonwealth. Today, we are gathered here, to witness the coronation, of our future ruler, Princess Jasmine Selene Kaito." The cheering started with Konn Torin's words. Then, he asked when the cheering died down, "Emperor Kaito, and Empress Selene, do you promise to raise your child with the truths and justices you withhold, as the rulers of your kingdom?"  

Both Selene and Kai nodded their heads, as the mic was passed down to Kai. He took it, as Selene kneeled before him, with Jasmine. He looked at his baby, with so much love, before his gaze fell on his wife. He smiled, before starting.

"Empress Selene, do you promise, as the child's mother, to teach her with all of the wisdom you have gained, over the two years of being Empress. Do you promise to defend her honor, as well as your husband's, due to any outspeaking, of her being young. And, do you, Empress Selene, vow to protect Princess Jasmine with your life, for every day to come?" Kai asked. Selene nodded her head, and rose to her feet, careful not to drop Jasmine.

She repeated this with Kai, and it went the same way. Soon, Kai rose to his feet, and handed Jasmine over to Selene once again. Konn Torin took the mic, and, Thorne brought up a tiny box, with a crown in it. Selene smiled, as Konn Torin took the crown, and held it above the baby's head.

"Do you, as parents of this child, looking for the wellbeing of your kingdom, the Eastern Commonwealth, crown your daughter, Princess Jasmine, Crown Princess of the Eastern Commonwealth?" Konn Torin asked.

"Yes," Kai and Selene answered in unison. The crown was passed to Kai, and he placed the crown on his daughter's head, as he kneeled, along with Konn Torin. Then, Kai and Selene felt a wind shake a whole ton of blossoms to the ground, as they came back into the ballroom.

They watched as subjects bowed to the couple and the Crown Princess. Kai and Selene were then met by the crew, who all smiled at the little girl. They again complemented on how pretty she looked in the dress.

After a long night of dancing, someone mentioned that today was Kai and Selene's second anniversary. Kai looked at the nearest calendar, and realized they were right. He looked through the crowds, until he found Konn Torin.

When he found Konn Torin, Kai asked that he  watch Jasmine, so Kai could do something special with Selene. Konn Torin agreed, and took the baby. Kai then got to the podium, and announced that the party was over, and soon, everyone left, including all of the global leaders.

After everyone left, Kai and Selene went to the house. It was there she noticed Jasmine wasn't with them. Kai then explained to her what the day was, and led her to a field outside of the forest. By now the stars has come out, and the peaceful nightlife came alive.

Kai then led Selene to a little picnic basket, set on top of a blanket. Selene smiled, as they both sat down, under a sky full of stars, to thank them, for the wonderful life, they were now sharing.