Chapter Twenty

Kai came up behind Selene, as she was deep in thought. He put his arms around her, as she let out a scream of surprise. "Kai! I'm thinking, leave me alone!" Selene said, after she recovered from the surprise.

"What are you thinking about?" Kai asked, growing concerned.

"What we'll do with Peony," Selene said.

"I will contact a social worker today. It's on my list. Right after kissing you," Kai said, moving in. Selene dodged him, and left Peony in the nurse's care, as she escaped down the corridor. She arrived at their room, and began packing her stuff. Kai and Selene were moving to a smaller guest room, for the time their room was being remodeled.

Kai went in every room, looking for Selene. Soon, he found her, packing her stuff, and singing "Different for Girls" with the radio. He pulled out his port, and he discovered that she disabled the camera function. He stared at her surprised, then crossed his arms and left the room in a mock tantrum.

A while later, Kai came back in, and got the stuff on higher shelves, and his stuff. He didn't realize his much stuff he had, until he had packed all of it. His pile had nearly ten bags of stuff, while Selene's had like, two. She came by his pile, and nearly gaped at the size of it. "You need all that stuff?" Selene asked, picking up her own case. Kai came to help her, and took the case out of her hand. "Yes," Kai said, taking his own bag. Selene shook her head, as they exited the room.

A couple hours later, they were settled in, and could hear the buzzing of tools from the other end of the hall. Selene was so bored, she decided to invite the girls over via comm.

Start of Comm Link

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito anyone up for coming to the Palace. I'm bored😶

CressSoontobeThorne sure. We'll just drop everything to help you Your Majesty.

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito do you guys even get the fact, that I'm not a "Majesty" until I become empress. Right now I'm "Highness",because I'm a princess.

WinterHayleBlackburn Yes, your Highness.👑

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito ugh. You guys have very thick skulls.

ScarletBenoitKesley well, half of us are related to you, so.

SeleneLihnBlackburn-Kaito no,

ScarletBenoitKesley yes, because only two of us aren't Lunar

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito touché.

ScarletBenoitKesley

PeonyLihnBlackburn well, I'm in for coming over.

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito Peony, I have a dumb question for you

PeonyLihnBlackburn I have dumb answers, shoot

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito where's Pearl

PeonyLihnBlackburn oh, she's got a massive hangover on the couch.

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito does she know about Peony's cough?

PeonyLihnBlackburn sort of. What about?

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito our doctors diagnosed her with tuberculosis last night.

PeonyLihnBlackburn is she okay?

SeleneLihnBlackburnDarnell-Kaito now she is. She nearly died last night.

PeonyLihnBlackburn I'm bringing Pearl over right now.

SeleneLihnBlackburn-Kaito okay. Anyone else coming?

ScarletBenoitKesley yeah be there at noon🕛. We have a doctors appointment in the Commonwealth.

CressSoontobeThorne yeah, us to. I think we have the same appointment.

WinterHayleBlackburn I can be there right now. Jacin is out shopping, so I have spare time.

PeonyLihnBlackburn heading over now. Pearl wants to see Peony.

SeleneLihnBlackburn-Kaito okay, see you guys soon!

End of Comm Link

Selene threw her port down on the bed, as Kai came in with a gift for Selene. He held it behind his back, with the grin of a five year old plastered on his face. Selene gave him a curious look, as he pulled it from behind his back. Deciding she did not like to be tortured, she pulled it from in front of  him. She looked at it quizzically, before her brain registered what it was. It was a paper saying that they own a house. "We, have a house?" Selene asked, an eyebrow raised.

"Well, I thought we could get a place of our own for some of the winter." Selene gave Kai a hug, and pulled him into a kiss by the collar of his shirt. Just as things were getting intense, Peony and Pearl, Jacin and Winter walked in. Immediately, the couple pulled apart, and Pearl approached them.

"Where is Peony?"

"You are not going to be able to see her until the court hearing tonight," Selene said, handing Pearl the official document.

"What!?! You cannot do this!"

"Actually, we can. You are charged by the court and His Majesty, Emperor Kaito, for negligence of your child, on the date of August 22, 127 T.E." Selene said in her " Queen" voice, handing her another document, stating she could no longer see or have custody of her child due to these charges. Pearl stormed out of the palace, screaming viscous profanities (that I cannot put in this book) at Kai and Selene. Due to this outburst, guards arrested her, and took her down to the prisons to wait for the hearing.

After the incident with Pearl, the welcoming voice of Winter was well deserved. Winter gave her the look of  "is she the one who abandoned her daughter?" Selene nodded, and Winter put her hand over her mouth, as if it was a surprise. Then Selene and Peony reminded her of Selene's past with them, and it was no longer a surprise.

"Wow, it's almost like you expected this to happen," Winter said smiling.

"Well, I kinda did," Selene said under her breath.

"Kinda expected what?" Cress and Scarlet said in unison.

"Oh, the whole Pearl against the rest if the world, dragging her daughter down with her," Selene said, talking with her hands.

"Oh, speaking of which. Remind me when I have my baby, to never go out drinking," Scarlet said, gesturing towards her growing stomach. The rest nodded in agreement as Konn Torin came up.

"Your Majesties, the Global Leaders meeting starts in twenty minutes. In effort to please Her Majesty, I suggest we get moving. Someone will assist the honorable Rampion Crew to your private sitting room," Konn Torin said, respectfully ending their conversation until later.

After the meeting, Kai was beyond frustrated. No one would listen to anything he had to say. Selene put a reassuring hand on his shoulder, as he smiled. She would always be there for him, just like he would always be there for her. He wanted it to stay that way forever.